North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Mid Gippy 2011

What is up at TTU I also hear the Wade McNeil, Tom Lambert & Taplin have left Thayer are at YYN.

Not 100% sure but rumour is mcneill left because he was told he will no longer be paid. Not sure how true that is but thats whats getting around. Was always going to happen after they splashed cash around last year. I imagine that upset loyal players as the didnt even make finals.

Really all those players from Tyers!! Wow they are some real stalwarts, Brady is a solid defender whilst Palmer is a pretty smart midfielder. Solomon is an ok footballer.

Cowwarr and Gormandale obvioulsy play players but for gods sake the two town's have about 100 people there so in reality they have to pay players to be successful and competitive.

Really all those players from Tyers!! Wow they are some real stalwarts, Brady is a solid defender whilst Palmer is a pretty smart midfielder. Solomon is an ok footballer.

Cowwarr and Gormandale obvioulsy play players but for gods sake the two town's have about 100 people there so in reality they have to pay players to be successful and competitive.

Frank Marks is an absolute jet uses the ball well and a very dangerous player whilst Ben was an exceptional junior who was just starting to show a bit at senior level.

Re: Nth Gippsland Football League p2

They aren't this year though him and his mate Wallace have been doing the ring around!

Frank Marks is an absolute jet uses the ball well and a very dangerous player whilst Ben was an exceptional junior who was just starting to show a bit at senior level.

Morwell East need big blokes so I don't think they will improve with the small Marks boys & Solo as for Palmer he is a sniper and will more than likely cop a few in Mid Gippy if he trys it.

This is true to a certain extent as a follower of north gippsland my understanding is the players recruited from gormy and ttu r all regular senior players wouldnt say fringe but definately not worth any $ in my opinion. From gormy i have heard Ben and Frank Marks, Ben was runner up in gormy b&f this yr and played back flank/loose, Frank a silky left footer the better of the two and i would say the best recruit. From TTU Adam Brady and Justin Palmer both average to good players Palmer a north gippsland team of the yr member a few times.
Morwell East have done well to recruit the players they have from Gormy and TTU. They are more than fringe players, especially the Marks brothers, who in a good team could be world beaters. The losses from Gormy will leave their Senior team threadbare, and in the cellar for 2012.

Whether the recruits are overpaid or not is debatable, although footy players are becoming like the real estate market, where you often have to pay above market value to get the house you want. Basha leaving TTU was incredibly predictable, after being dropped to the 2's for the last 2 rounds. Not sure of the makeup of the Morwell East team, but the one thing their recruits have in common is that they are outside players, and play best when the ball is fed out to them.

Treasy is playing at Wonthaggi next year.

Marks boys go alright, will do very well in Mid Gippy.

To Training Mad, I have no idea who you follow or what league your from but you will find plenty of teams in any league having to chase players from out of town to fill the numbers, and that includes the big towns, Morwell and Trarlgon included.

Jenkins back for the Cougars is confirmed. Couple of older recruits from Mid Gippy in Mick Higgins and Marc Andrew. Still looking for that elusive big man but with an injection of young talent from the 3rds Premiership team team of last season, there is an expectation of being able to push back into the Top 3.

Can anyone confirm that Rosedal have lost Brad Caldwell and big Jono Cantwell? Massive loss if they have.

Long season ahead for Sticks at Gormy, with Stratty out I dont know where they are gonna win a game.

Marks boys go alright, will do very well in Mid Gippy.

To Training Mad, I have no idea who you follow or what league your from but you will find plenty of teams in any league having to chase players from out of town to fill the numbers, and that includes the big towns, Morwell and Trarlgon included.

Jenkins back for the Cougars is confirmed. Couple of older recruits from Mid Gippy in Mick Higgins and Marc Andrew. Still looking for that elusive big man but with an injection of young talent from the 3rds Premiership team team of last season, there is an expectation of being able to push back into the Top 3.

Can anyone confirm that Rosedal have lost Brad Caldwell and big Jono Cantwell? Massive loss if they have.

Long season ahead for Sticks at Gormy, with Stratty out I dont know where they are gonna win a game.

I follow all gippsland leagues and Churchill can't call Higgins and Andrew recruits. Higgins looks about 50 year old.

Stix will get a side on the park that will knock a fair few sides off. They will brake the gaskin park hodoo. And when they do remember Training Mad told you. And I don't even follow gormy.

I follow all gippsland leagues and Churchill can't call Higgins and Andrew recruits. Higgins looks about 50 year old.

Stix will get a side on the park that will knock a fair few sides off. They will brake the gaskin park hodoo. And when they do remember Training Mad told you. And I don't even follow gormy.

It's not a hoodoo... The moons just haven't aligned on the right day to make it happen... As for Mick Higgins and Marc Andrew... They are both reasonable footballers... Served their respective clubs well in the past... Actually Higgins in more than a reasonable footballer and given a new lease on life [he'd only be 29/30], could be an excellent pick up for the Cougars...

You are kidding yourself with Gormy... The Marks boys, depite being much maligned, are good players and will be good players in MG footy [especially Frank]... Their best players are heading toward the end of their careers and really weren't great players at their peak... The loss if Skip is huge...

Put it out there Training Mad... Where does your allegiance lie...?

I'm with you on thinking that Gormy won't be quite as bad as some people think. They've picked up a couple of players, the only issue being that they've probably lost 10. The home ground advantage at Gormy will get them a couple of victories in 2012.

One thing is for certain however - the 2012 squad is not a snowflakes chance in hell of breaking the Gaskin hoodoo. They've taken far better sides to Gaskin and have never won. Having said that, the Cougars record at Gormy isn't much better, but atleast they've tasted victory at Gormy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah your right Pump, Gormy will beat Woodside at home I reckon and the hodoo at Gaskin will last another year!

Any names of those coming into Tigerland yet? The struggle will be losing those players that have really bled yellow and black, sometimes you can replace the talent but not the passion.

It's not a hoodoo... The moons just haven't aligned on the right day to make it happen... As for Mick Higgins and Marc Andrew... They are both reasonable footballers... Served their respective clubs well in the past... Actually Higgins in more than a reasonable footballer and given a new lease on life [he'd only be 29/30], could be an excellent pick up for the Cougars...

You are kidding yourself with Gormy... The Marks boys, depite being much maligned, are good players and will be good players in MG footy [especially Frank]... Their best players are heading toward the end of their careers and really weren't great players at their peak... The loss if Skip is huge...

Put it out there Training Mad... Where does your allegiance lie...?[/

My allegiance is in mid gippy but I have played in the north gippy and are up to date with clubs and players Higgins would be at least 31/32 he looks about 50 year old and unless you play at Boisdale every week he will struggle with the speed in North Gippy.

As for stix at gormy he will win more games than this year and didn't they just get beatin at gaskin park by a tiny margin they also flogged you at gormy. If I can remember right didn't woodside beat you at gaskin this year!

Sale city & Cowwar will be the teams to beat next year Churchill will be wasting there time Darby is past it too. Silly move keeping him after he walked out mid season.

Should have pushed hard for Makepeace would have been fitting for a former junior to come home and win you that flag he deserves. Should still be playing afl thanks Dean Ladliy much tougher than Brent Harvey!

Put it out there Training Mad... Where does your allegiance lie...?[/

My allegiance is in mid gippy but I have played in the north gippy and are up to date with clubs and players Higgins would be at least 31/32 he looks about 50 year old and unless you play at Boisdale every week he will struggle with the speed in North Gippy.

As for stix at gormy he will win more games than this year and didn't they just get beatin at gaskin park by a tiny margin they also flogged you at gormy. If I can remember right didn't woodside beat you at gaskin this year!

Sale city & Cowwar will be the teams to beat next year Churchill will be wasting there time Darby is past it too. Silly move keeping him after he walked out mid season.

Should have pushed hard for Makepeace would have been fitting for a former junior to come home and win you that flag he deserves. Should still be playing afl thanks Dean Ladliy much tougher than Brent Harvey!

surely your takin the piss,he was very lucky to play any afl at all let alone be still playing.a favourite north whipping boy.

Glengarry are the side I reckon, everything is aligning for them and King free of injuries and the burden of coaching could be the star their even side needs (if they don't lose anyone) I am not convinced by Cowwarr yet, they have a mature group and unless they pick up a couple more players they will be stagnant in that position.

Sale City are a bit of unknown only found a president last week (who by the way is my next door neighbour, and on another side note has started opening up to me in the last week since I told him I have no involvement at Heyfield) so I might get the goss, he has said that they will retain there list and have picked up a few but I think some of there players definitely suffered from losing there drive to be successful last year and I think there talent got them there in 2011 rather than the drive, they dont seem like an inspired group, they seem like a group of players who enjoy there footy rather than living for it.

I see Jono Cantwell reguarly visiting the Foodworks buying coke and chips, he lives in Sale and when living locally has worked at maffra for years, I assume he is not moving anywhere and judging by his appearance I doubt he is having a crack at a higher level.

Not sure about Brad, one of the main reasons I am told that he did not commit at Rosedale was because of work commitments. So this could be a factor and he may be moving away.

Woodside will be horrible, Boisdale will be competitive but just dont have the talent whilst Gormandale look as though they won't be very good I am not sure where there improvement is going to come from, the seconds were horrible and the players they have lost over the last three years will be hard to cover.

Churchill need a ruckmen and probably another couple of midfielders to push hard, not sure whether there thirds boys will be that just yet, I wonder where Jenkins will play??

Well have it on very good authority that schuback and tollner will not be at city, must also be doubts cast on mclay.

Incorrect, Schuback offered assistant coaching role and leaning to stay. Tollner unsure, still doubts on whether or how much Mclay will play.

November rumours hey!

Incorrect, Schuback offered assistant coaching role and leaning to stay. Tollner unsure, still doubts on whether or how much Mclay will play.

November rumours hey!

Was correct on the 29th November:thumbsu:

So whats the latest news around the league? Which clubs have recruited well? Which clubs has lost a few

I heard a rumour that Jay Neagle might be at Cowwarr next year. No idea how much truth there is to it, but going from AFL to North Gippy would be a massive comedown. Staz and Neagle would be near on unstoppable.

I heard a rumour that Jay Neagle might be at Cowwarr next year. No idea how much truth there is to it, but going from AFL to North Gippy would be a massive comedown. Staz and Neagle would be near on unstoppable.

It would have to be doubtful??

Rosedale have managed to regain alot of there players from 2010, plus added a few from outside the club apparently including a gun midfielder from Adelaide, I think also that Jake Mowat (West Adelaide) is back, Leigh Kearney as well whilst Ex Yarram coach Jeremy Reid is playing there but Brad Caldwell is apparently not.

Also have heard rumours that a couple of ex Heyfield premiership players are considering going there but I am doubtful on that as it always seems to be mentioned at this time of year without any action.

Neagle is really good mates with Staz and Matt Cameron as well as a few of the other boys now. I actually saw Neagle's mum yesterday and she was looking forward to having Jay back in town next year. Could be plenty to this rumour gents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back