2nds North Melbourne Holm Park Beaconsfield 14/7 2pm Casey Radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicked it to the other team when we were icing the clock, turnover and goal that gave them a sniff
What about nanks missed goal , seconds b4 first quarter siren15 meters out
To make it 6 goals to nothing

Another glowing assessment of Naish in this weeks players critique by Clarke. he’s coming on in leaps and bounds:
Possessions have increased significantly over the last 2-3 weeks

Is laying more tackles and defensive game has improved significantly

Is taking the game on as his confidence grows with coaches commenting on his run and carry and foot skills

Must be putting his name forward for senior selection even with others such as Menadue and Stengle busting the door down. Maybe just a taste of it towards the end of the home and away season once a top 2 spot is locked in

Hi
Another glowing assessment of Naish in this weeks players critique by Clarke. he’s coming on in leaps and bounds:
Possessions have increased significantly over the last 2-3 weeks

Is laying more tackles and defensive game has improved significantly

Is taking the game on as his confidence grows with coaches commenting on his run and carry and foot skills

Must be putting his name forward for senior selection even with others such as Menadue and Stengle busting the door down. Maybe just a taste of it towards the end of the home and away season once a top 2 spot is locked in
Hes come on in leaps and bounds in size and confidence and as I’ve been saying for the last month the young fella is looking like an exciting prospect. In terms of playing him in the AFL I would advise against it for two major reasons:
a. Our team needs to be picking best 22 for September as we all saw what happened Saturday night. The step up is enormous and a bad game could actually be more damaging to the lads confidence. North are so weak the previous week against Casey they kicked 7 points for the whole game. So I’m glad he played well again as this is what we are expecting from him in the vfl in these types of games.
b. He’s just started tearing down the competition at VFL level , so with him it’s more developmental time in the VFL at this stage. In the Tuck and Dipper days it didn’t hurt them playing up to fifty games in the Twos to physically develop and harden mentally in the Twos. I wouldn’t even entertain the thought of him getting a game this year Charlie bc he’s tracking beautifully for a first year player that came in at 182/71 in size according to my app. Let him hang his hair down in the twos for this season and at least half of next season.

Last edited:

Hi

Hes come on in leaps and bounds in size and confidence and as I’ve been saying for the last month the young fella is looking like an exciting prospect. In terms of playing him in the AFL I would advise against it for two major reasons:
a. Our team needs to be picking best 22 for September as we all saw what happened Saturday night. The step up is enormous and a bad game could actually be more damaging to the lads confidence. North are so weak the previous week against Casey they kicked 7 points for the whole game. So I’m glad he played well again as this is what we are expecting from him in the vfl in these types of games.
b. He’s just started tearing down the competition at VFL level , so with him it’s more developmental time in the VFL at this stage. In the Tuck and Dipper days it didn’t hurt them playing up to fifty games in the Twos to physically develop and harden mentally in the Twos. I wouldn’t even entertain the thought of him getting a game this year Charlie bc he’s tracking beautifully for a first year player that came in at 182/71 in size according to my app. Let him hang his hair down in the twos for this season and at least half of next season.
Unlikely we’ll see him in 2018 TI unless we have top 2 spot by r22/23 and rest a few

It would be just a taste of AFL no chance of him playing finals

Unlikely we’ll see him in 2018 TI unless we have top 2 spot by r22/23 and rest a few

It would be just a taste of AFL no chance of him playing finals

I'm sure people said that about Jack Graham last year too

I'm sure people said that about Jack Graham last year too

Here’s a summary of an article posted on his thread:

Richmond father-son pick Patrick Naish is unlikely to make his AFL debut from some time

RICHMOND fans are unlikely to see Patrick Naish make his AFL debut for some time as the father-son selection continues to work on his defensive traits.

Naish was taken with pick No.34 in last year’s draft and has been developing at half-back in Richmond’s VFL program, playing every game in the state league this year.

Richmond VFL coach Craig McRae said Naish was “a bit back in the queue” for senior selection.

“I think there’s a few in front of him, Connor Menadue is playing some really good football at half-back and so is Brandon Ellis and Oleg Markov,” McRae said.

“It’s not a pecking order, but certainly there’s a few in front of him.”

Naish, the son of former Richmond forward Chris, came through the TAC Cup and AFL Academy last year as a dynamic outside midfielder.

But the Tigers are keen to develop the 19-year-old’s defensive skills.

“He’s got huge offensive weapons and we just want to make sure there is a balance between offence and defence,” McRae said.

“We’re playing him down back to teach him those habits.

Hi

I’d doubt he’d be top of queue right now , another pre season and some praccy matches and who knows where he ll be at Exciting prospect , saw glimpses early in year at punt rd that had me searching for who that player, loves a dash and is a penetrating kick similar to houli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d doubt he’d be top of queue right now , another pre season and some praccy matches and who knows where he ll be at Exciting prospect , saw glimpses early in year at punt rd that had me searching for who that player, loves a dash and is a penetrating kick similar to houli
Exactly and he won’t be anywhere near getting a game. At the start of the year he was so far back imo it’s amazing how much he’s progressed. He’s obviously put the work in which shows he wants to give himself the best chance of making it.

should pass the hat around for guruisatiger
we owe him a round of beers every week for his updates
I dont drink, but thanks anyway, we all play our part in here, with inside info,,( tiger71)
Coterie info and pre season camps (kiwi tiger)
Imjust happy to help out our fellow supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back