North Melbourne might as well fold now

Remove this Banner Ad

Memories

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many years do we have to watch them fake their way into the finals and then go out easier than a cheerleader at prom. I'm sick of seeing their boring, "unattractive in the face" players in stadiums that are empty.

They can't even get up for one of their legends playing his 300th game, they aren't even competitive. I cannot see them continuing as soon as the "18th" team comes in, they will fold.

its simple, the only reason why they are lossin is because they DON'T want to play geelong, no one does..
but they will not fold, simple as that!!

its simple, the only reason why they are lossin is because they DON'T want to play geelong, no one does..
but they will not fold, simple as that!!

Why do you think they won't fold though? They are pretty much broke and struggle to get anyone to their games.

Why do you think they won't fold though? They are pretty much broke and struggle to get anyone to their games.

because the afl dont have enough balls.
they didnt have enough balls to demand the roos up north, so they wont have enough balls to make em fold!

How many years do we have to watch them fake their way into the finals and then go out easier than a cheerleader at prom. I'm sick of seeing their boring, "unattractive in the face" players in stadiums that are empty.

They can't even get up for one of their legends playing his 300th game, they aren't even competitive. I cannot see them continuing as soon as the "18th" team comes in, they will fold.

The way i'm feeling, I think I would have accepted that comment from a supporter of pretty much every other team. But let's face it, you go for Fremantle.

The reason you never face the problem of having to "get up for legends" is because you don't have any. Your clubs 'icon' will only be remembered as Rove's useless cousin.

Secondly, you've made 2 finals series, and really did jack-all in them. You consistantly underperform, and get top draft picks. And when you do, you either trade them for useless players (or players that were good prior to going to your club, did nothing whilst at your club, and then returned to their previous clubs and became AA) Or pick up duds like Polak.
I reckon Freo are odds-on favourite to take Peverill now.

Let's face it. The only two matches that the Freo football club care about, are the 2 Western Derbies. Hence, this season will be considered as a fruitful one.

Have fun with pottery next week bud, because I, unlike you, will have a football team that is playing finals.

Typical. I mean coming from a Fremantle supporter come on take a look at your own backyard!

North Melbourne are a brilliant and great club and as an opposition supporter I have endless admiration for a team with such grit and determination. Sure they might be struggling financially at the moment but all clubs do at times, Geelong was struggling a few years ago, so was St.Kilda and even your club was too. It is incredibly ignorant of you to suggest a club should fold due to off field circumstances, the history of NM is priceless and is an important reminder of how valuable real clubs are over heartless franchises. History, tradition and pride will always be worth more than money, but seeming you go for franchise it is understandable that you would try and justify your own "sad" existence by paying out a club's off field performance.

PS: What's it like starting pre-season in August!!

what would u rather as a supporter a team that is tipped to finish last every year and goes on to make the finals or

a team that is tipped to be a contender every year but sits down the bottom goin on an early holiday

so enjoy watchin us again next week mate why your team can get ready to draft essendons leftovers and sit down the bottom again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone with the stats show how many recent finals North have one Im sure that will prove the point...
Oh and as a comparison put up the total # of finals Freo have ever one. Im sure I know who will be in front.

Freo Fans. The forget how pathetic their club really is. How can you be take seriously when you have ne heart on the ground. Winning the final game of the year goes to show Freo player playing for their survival. With the mindset of the club im sure they will keep most of them, trade away their good pick ans recruit hacks.

History always repeats ...and at Freo it every year.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linga_is_no1 gets it.

As for the OP, seriously, what? You don't support a real club, if we ignore that we'd notice how it would be like a flag for them to even contemplate top 4, 2 years in a row.

And "go out easier than a cheerleader at prom"? What?? Is this Rove?

They are a club that people admire due to their tenacity and backs against the wall mentality. The flip side is that they don't have many players that bring people in through the gates. The severe lack of class is appalling and I find them a bore to watch. With the new teams coming in, North Melbourne folding would not tear at my heart much at all...

Why does it matter if I barrack for fremantle. Everything I've said about North Melbourne has nothing to do with failmantle at all.... so why bring it into it.

North Melbourne issues :-
1) Low crowds (nothing exciting to bring neutrals to the game)
2) Few supporters
3) No money
4) Unattractive, boring football produced 95% of the time

Nothing to do with Freo and our pathetic finals history. Have to laugh at the North supporters here who couldn't even be bothered to go to the game when they are struggling. Top work.

Why does it matter if I barrack for fremantle. Everything I've said about North Melbourne has nothing to do with failmantle at all.... so why bring it into it.

North Melbourne issues :-
1) Low crowds (nothing exciting to bring neutrals to the game)
2) Few supporters
3) No money
4) Unattractive, boring football produced 95% of the time

Nothing to do with Freo and our pathetic finals history. Have to laugh at the North supporters here who couldn't even be bothered to go to the game when they are struggling. Top work.

Fair Call! :thumbsu:

22000 was todays crowd , MCG breaks even about 28000-30000 I think, in regards to making a profit. Actually costs them money when they get crowds of 22000... hilarious.

22000 was todays crowd , MCG breaks even about 28000-30000 I think, in regards to making a profit. Actually costs them money when they get crowds of 22000... hilarious.

3AW claimed that the 22,000 figure was made up - are there any audits given on crowd figures? Who is responsible for calculating and releasing this information?

Thanks Kangaroos for strengthening the argument that Carlton v Hawthorn should not have been played at the TD.

Your supporter base may have just put a halt to the notion of the NMFC getting a higher allocation of MCG games.

Surely 25,000 could have attended a 300 game match!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back