Nostalgia Trip

Remove this Banner Ad

DoubleA

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2004
Where Jack Lives.
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok I didnt name this thread Pizza Hut for a reason but lately I've been really wanting to go to an eat-in Pizza Hut, remember the 'all-u-can-eat' type set-ups from my youth, I know there is an eat-in at corner Elizabeth and Bourke St in the city, does anybody know if it has said all you can eat type eatery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Haha, i remember all you can eat!! I remember one time in high school eating there and my poor mate threw up in the bathroom :D

Anyway, my pizza hut has closed down in my area, so i am of no help to you.

Believe it or not they dont have "AYCE" in the States, or where i went to eat in Michigan. We ate at a pizza hut once, and the Yanks couldnt get over our 'AYCE' concept. They ****heads didnt even have the dessert bar there. After we ate tonnes of pizza, they brought out DESSERT pizzas!! :eek:

Thats just the thing you want.. after eating a ****load of pizza, you want a dessert pizza!! :rolleyes:

DoubleA said:
Ok I didnt name this thread Pizza Hut for a reason but lately I've been really wanting to go to an eat-in Pizza Hut, remember the 'all-u-can-eat' type set-ups from my youth, I know there is an eat-in at corner Elizabeth and Bourke St in the city, does anybody know if it has said all you can eat type eatery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Yes, it is. We were there on Friday night, enjoying very bad pizza after a night at the pub.

Shell said:
Haha, i remember all you can eat!! I remember one time in high school eating there and my poor mate threw up in the bathroom :D

Anyway, my pizza hut has closed down in my area, so i am of no help to you.

Believe it or not they dont have "AYCE" in the States, or where i went to eat in Michigan. We ate at a pizza hut once, and the Yanks couldnt get over our 'AYCE' concept. They ****heads didnt even have the dessert bar there. After we ate tonnes of pizza, they brought out DESSERT pizzas!! :eek:

Thats just the thing you want.. after eating a ****load of pizza, you want a dessert pizza!! :rolleyes:
Yep those damn Yanks. Where did Pizza Hut originate from?

Once got dreadful food poisoning from Pizza Hurl.... err Hut which bloody near killed me.
I hate Pizza Hut. I want to burn down every single Pizza Hut place I see :mad:

Just on Pizza Hut restaraunts, there still one left in Hobart, this was the original that opened in 1984 at New Town.
It still has the unique red tiled roof design - very modern for its day - and still gets a lot of people through the doors.
There was another in Bellerive that opened not long after, it later closed and became Sizzlers in the 90's and then that too closed down.
Most of their operations here now are tiny little shops dotted around the place solely used for home deliveries.

DoubleA said:
Help me out Hawk is there all the classic areas, pizza/salad+desert bar?

Yeah, but it is woefully bad :thumbsdown: Only eat it in an emergency. FFS people, we live in Melbourne, there are so many better options than Pizza Hut. [/rant]

Kingpin said:
Once got dreadful food poisoning from Pizza Hurl.... err Hut which bloody near killed me.
I hate Pizza Hut. I want to burn down every single Pizza Hut place I see :mad:

Just on Pizza Hut restaraunts, there still one left in Hobart, this was the original that opened in 1984 at New Town.
It still has the unique red tiled roof design - very modern for its day - and still gets a lot of people through the doors.
There was another in Bellerive that opened not long after, it later closed and became Sizzlers in the 90's and then that too closed down.
Most of their operations here now are tiny little shops dotted around the place solely used for home deliveries.
I remember both of those stores - the one in New Town I went there after my birthday drunky's to see a young bogan kid pick up a slice of pizza off the tray, take a bite and put it back. A 70 yr old fella then launched into a massive angry spray at the kid. Smashing entertainment!!!

THe one in Bellerive i remember going in off my head and stealing lots of boxes of the Pizza hut cookies and doing the bolt.

Although i did like the architecture of the Pizza Hut stores tho'.

ExTasDeeMan said:
I remember both of those stores - the one in New Town I went there after my birthday drunky's to see a young bogan kid pick up a slice of pizza off the tray, take a bite and put it back. A 70 yr old fella then launched into a massive angry spray at the kid. Smashing entertainment!!!
This is why I never go to the "all you can eat" places anymore such as Sizzler. Kids put their grubby little hands on everything and it ****s me off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

diablo14 said:
i remember pizza hut in the days when they only had thin and crispy.
I remember the days when it was edible. Back before the AYCE and when that first started. The last 10 years or so it's gotten progressively worse. I've had it twice in the last five years. The first time it tasted like the bases were made with sour vinegar (so all toppings were affected), the second a couple of years later (at a different restaurant) just plain foul. A general consensus amongst those who've had it lately I've talked to.

I won't touch a pizza hut pizza ever again. I'll just remember having it there at the restaurant (pre-delivery being the main thing days) as a kid and enjoying it.

ExTasDeeMan said:

THe one in Bellerive i remember going in off my head and stealing lots of boxes of the Pizza hut cookies and doing the bolt.

Although i did like the architecture of the Pizza Hut stores tho'.

Hehe the little bogan kid doing that does not surprise me in the least.
That New Town restaurant is teaming with horrid little bogan kiddies running about the place with their grubby little poo fingers touching everything in sight while their 165kg parents hoe into their 35th slice of pizza blissfully unaware of their kids running rampant. :thumbsdown:

I'm with Arcadion there, I refuse to eat at all-you-can-eat joints for the same reason.

Just on New Town Pizza Hut ETDM, I remember when it first opened, and in the first couple of weeks it was nearly flooded out.
There was a huge rainstorm and the road outside was well underwater as was the carpark.
Just one of those things that sticks in my memory bank as a then 9 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back