Not one player drafted from Central Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey why don't I post some unsubstantiated crap. Centrals would be unbeatable if they hadn't lost so many players to the draft over the last ten years. And I'm not talking about players that get drafted by the crows or Port and play locally. We wouldn't have lost those two premierships this century. People I've spoken to agree with me. If I say it often enough or post it, it must be correct. If its not hard to win a premiership or they're "cheap" why doesn't someone other than WWT, Sturt Or Central win one some time soon? Some will continue to make hollow excuses, winners will do something about it. But, then again why would anyone care it's only an SANFL premiership. "Flog" the rest of the competition ? They finished third after the minor round. Last year they had two players drafted and recruited no replacements unlike every other side. Yet despite this they had more than a 50% different side to the 2005 premiership side. Yes they are full of quality SANFL players I wont deny that. Congratulations for being successful. It might be time for Port to start to copy Central now that Port are so insipid and meek!

Wow, here, have a tissue. It would've been quicker and easier if you just faced facts.

Compared to most other SANFL clubs Centrals has lost relatively f-all to the draft.

Hooray, someone's posted some facts. It would be intersting to see how many of those players played in Ports 2 Grand Finals. Those that they retained on the promise they would be picked to play for Port. I remember guys like Mick Gaffney who were told not to go interstate as Port would pick them up, which they didn't. Again, the role of an SANFL club is to win SANFL grand finals!!! Not provide players for the likes of Collingwood Hawthorn, Port Crows Sydney etc. If your clubs not doing that then success will be harder. I understand it's different for Port as they really have two interests.

Again, the role of an SANFL club is to win SANFL grand finals!!! Not provide players for the likes of Collingwood Hawthorn, Port Crows Sydney etc.

But that's what the SANFL invariably is. A feeder/reserves comp for the AFL and the two SA clubs.

The point being made is, Central District either by design or default, haven't been pillaged as much as most other SANFL clubs by way of juniors and potential talent.

Hence, the claim that Central is some sort of superclub whose 7 flags out of 9 is an extraordinary achievement above and beyond must be tempered somewhat given that their rivals have in many cases produced superior players but keep losing them to the big league.

People have provided WWT, WA and PAMFC as examples - CDFC's contribution looks meagre in comparison.

That's all.

Here have a tissue? WTF.
If you mean for tears of joy, fair enough for our memorable success this century. Compared to other teams we've held our own in the draft. I couldn't care less if we never produced another AFL footballer. I'd rather quite a few more 7 times premiership players, thanks very much. Again, stuff the AFL. I thought this was an SANFL board. But I can understand why you have Power colours on your logo. As I said you really have two teams to support. Whilst this success continues I'll love every minute of it especially seeing Port not even able to make the finals. Maybe it's time for a top 6. Didn't the Power join the AFL about 10 years ago ? It's taking a while to move on. Maybe its time for another $2 collection

Here have a tissue? WTF.
If you mean for tears of joy, fair enough for our memorable success this century. Compared to other teams we've held our own in the draft. I couldn't care less if we never produced another AFL footballer. I'd rather quite a few more 7 times premiership players, thanks very much. Again, stuff the AFL. I thought this was an SANFL board. But I can understand why you have Power colours on your logo. As I said you really have two teams to support. Whilst this success continues I'll love every minute of it especially seeing Port not even able to make the finals. Maybe it's time for a top 6. Didn't the Power join the AFL about 10 years ago ? It's taking a while to move on. Maybe its time for another $2 collection

Paragraphs please.

Anyway, you've missed the point by miles.

The AFL may want it to be a feeder to their comp. I don't. How many players did the SANFL contribute last year to the AFL?

Anyway, my point that you may have missed is you run a club and a list to win that competitions Premiership. This is the point. If you think Tim Ginever and the junior coaches are striving to produce the next Collingwood gun footballer (no pun intended) you're kidding yourself.

Anyway, my point that you may have missed is you run a club and a list to win that competitions Premiership. This is the point. If you think Tim Ginever and the junior coaches are striving to produce the next Collingwood gun footballer (no pun intended) you're kidding yourself.

Of course, but the point that is central to the thread topic, is the question of Centrals legacy in relation to everyone else's misfortune by way of producing and losing players.

Is Centrals really the superclub that won 7 of the last 9 flags on pure merit - or are they profiting off the relative misfortune of others who keep losing quality players to the AFL?

Tim Ginever and Gary Tredrea are obviously striving to produce good footballers - unfortunately for PAMFC (and for coaches at Glenelg, Westies, WWT, et al), they're turning out to be so good that they're leaving the league altogether for greener pastures.

In 2003 alone West Adelaide lost Adam Cooney, Beau Waters, Byron Schammer, Shane Tuck and Sam Fisher. Centrals lost Eddie Sansbury, Sam Butler and Jay Nash.

West Adelaide are now in the toilet while Centrals go from strength to strength.

What a lovely reward for nurturing a Brownlow Medallist, WCE Premiership Player and an All-Australian defender.

You actually posted some facts which is more than many do, at least they have some significance. Again those four losses in 2003 show Central do lose players that somehow they have to cover, which they haven't done by recruiting ex AFL players with the exception of three.

I thank you for posting some facts. if you read your post you'll see from and including 2000 (when Port had 4 drafted) Central had 16 players Port 14!!!! So I'm glad your stats support what I've said. Since and including 2000 (the time of Central first Premiership) Central have lost 16 players Port 14, take out selectively 2000 and Central have had 15 Port 10. So your arguement is false if you were to look at the last decade.

The performance of the player once drafted is different.This vcan only be garnered in hindsight.

I think it's time to look for another excuse. But, the wheel will turn again so before it does I have to "stick it up" Port supporters, just as they did to me so often.

I don't disagree with this King Elvis. If this is the strategy then it's obviously working well. What I disagree with is the gist of the original post. What I disagree with is the incorrectness of every component of it. If you wanted to take Larry the Ignorants view. Then Port should be a Powerhouse as they've contributed 50% less players to the draft than Central since 2000 and they've had significantly more ex afl recruits than Central over the period of Central success.
Have Port had more than 3 ex afl recruits since 2000? It would be interesting to see the FACTS instead of constantly coming up with non factual statements presented as fact. I think Larrys' opening thread is an embarrasment to him, now it's been proven so far off the mark, or maybe it's his brothers fault.

I don't disagree with this King Elvis. If this is the strategy then it's obviously working well. What I disagree with is the gist of the original post. What I disagree with is the incorrectness of every component of it. If you wanted to take Larry the Ignorants view. Then Port should be a Powerhouse as they've contributed 50% less players to the draft than Central since 2000 and they've had significantly more ex afl recruits than Central over the period of Central success.
Have Port had more than 3 ex afl recruits since 2000? It would be interesting to see the FACTS instead of constantly coming up with non factual statements presented as fact. I think Larrys' opening thread is an embarrasment to him, now it's been proven so far off the mark, or maybe it's his brothers fault.

You just don't get it do you. If every club was to follow Centrals' way, the SANFL would eventually die because the players coming through would be that crap no-one would bother turning up to the games. We would have no competition. Blind Freddy can see that the SANFL is simply a feeder competition. Okay so you have 2 spoons, but my point is, which you tried to correct, was that when it really was a competition worth winning, when players grew up wanting to win an SANFL premiership, or when the second AFL licence was up for grabs, CD was a backwater. You only dominated the comp once Port joined the AFL. And I reiterate, I'll take that one AFL flag ahead of your 7 tainted SANFL flags every time.

You just don't get it. Everything you said when you started the thread is incorrect.

Larry the Liar :
"Anyhow, I mentioned in that thread at the time that according to my West Adelaide supporting brother, the reason why Centrals continued to dominate was because it stacked its side with AFL rejects whereas the other SANFL clubs took the time to develop[ future stars which eventually get drafted at the national draft. Of course, some CD fans tried to refute this comment."

Firstly if you re read through the whole postings you will see that contrary to what you thought Centrals is not full and never has been full of AFL rejects. If you want to take that view look at Port. I have previously given you the Port Magopies website address which you can visit to see where there current squad originates. I'm sure you can't think back over previous years.

I'd like you to show me where Central haven't developed players over the last 10 years. Perhaps visit their website to see how much local talent there is. I'd like you to provide me with the number of draftees since 2000 from each club to support your incorrect assumptions. I guess you can't argue with the point that post 2000 Port have provided 50% less draftees than Centrals. You choose to continually ignore the facts, instead making moronic incorrect statements.

I can now see you changing your tune. Okay you were wrong, but it's not a competition worth winning now you're trying to infer.

I'm sure Centrals train young players and if they think they may be drafted to the AFL they get rid of them. What a ridiculous theory you're trying to create.

You're a moron, contradicting yourself with every posting. If the players aren't crap they get drafted don't they ? As the SANFL is just a feeder competition according to you (backed up with no real facts).

You fool, you can have your AFL premiership. I'll have the 7 SANFL flags thanks. Stuff the AFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larry you said

"Blind Freddy can see that the SANFL is simply a feeder competition." I think blind Freddy should take a good hard look at himself (if possible).
If you think the SANFLs existence is to be a feeder comp to the AFL you're more stupid than you've proved thus far. Thirteen players taken from the comp this year, less last year. It's hardly decimating the competition. In fact most of the other SANFL clubs are recruiting quality ex afl players in their place.

Woodville West Torrens would be a unstoppable actually.

Ignore the big names, just look at the overall talent. We have had stacks of players drafted, every type of position. We would destroy everyone including that team from that s**t hole

Im Bays fan, and Westies have clearly hadmore talent drafted than WWT.

Only Pavlich or Bock would rate a mention on that list...maybe Camporeale, maybe.

Okay Larry the Loser, in order to completely dispel all the crap you've posted. To show the complete falseness that you've tried to represent as fact. Here are some FACTS to consider. Not opinion. Not made up rubbish in an attempt to try to belittle Centrals, due to obvious jealousy. It's your prerogative to want or prefer one AFL premiership to 7 SANFL flags, but as to the rest what drivel.

Consider this.
Drafted players from and including 2000. Brackets indicate those drafted to one of the local sides, Port/Crows

Westies 22 (6)
Central 17 (7)
WWT 17 (11)
Port 17 (Bezerka had 15) (4)
Glenelg 16 (4)
North 15 (2)
Norwood 11 (6)
Sturt 10 (5)
South 3 (1)
*This is as accurate as I could get

A total of 128, average 16 a year. 46 local.

Surprised yet ? Feeling a little bit foolish ? Maybe you should have checked your facts first you moron - you have zero credibility!!!!
Maybe you should re read and edit all your previous posts, what a joke.

Okay Larry the Loser, in order to completely dispel all the crap you've posted. To show the complete falseness that you've tried to represent as fact. Here are some FACTS to consider. Not opinion. Not made up rubbish in an attempt to try to belittle Centrals, due to obvious jealousy. It's your prerogative to want or prefer one AFL premiership to 7 SANFL flags, but as to the rest what drivel.

Consider this.
Drafted players from and including 2000. Brackets indicate those drafted to one of the local sides, Port/Crows

Westies 22 (6)
Central 17 (7)
WWT 17 (11)
Port 17 (Bezerka had 15) (4)
Glenelg 16 (4)
North 15 (2)
Norwood 11 (6)
Sturt 10 (5)
South 3 (1)
*This is as accurate as I could get

A total of 128, average 16 a year. 46 local.

Surprised yet ? Feeling a little bit foolish ? Maybe you should have checked your facts first you moron - you have zero credibility!!!!
Maybe you should re read and edit all your previous posts, what a joke.

Quality versus quantity?

It's all very well to do a raw head count and find you've lost a few relative spuds like Eddie Sansbury, Dylan Pfitzner, Jay Nash and Paul Thomas.

But all of them put together don't equal one Bryce Gibbs, Scott Thompson, Shaun Burgoyne, Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Sam Fisher, Alan Didak, Brad Ebert, Nathan Bock, Ryan Griffen or Adam Cooney, et cetera et cetera.

I think Larry actually posted,

"the reason why Centrals continued to dominate was because it stacked its side with AFL rejects whereas the other SANFL clubs took the time to develop[ future stars which eventually get drafted at the national draft. Of course, some CD fans tried to refute this comment."

"Those upcoming teams which would have challenged Centrals for the title have now been decimated at the draft, leaving the AFL reject stacked Centrals to run out next year pretty much unchallenged. "

Now the debate is no longer who has so called AFL rejects or who has developed "potential" future stars, or contributed to the draft. Now that, thats been discredited we move to quality i.e who out of the 128 players have performed.
No longer worth discussing. If you can justify any of Larrys comments, you're a fool by association.

"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what thay are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past and getting on with their lives" (J Michael Straczynski)

Game, set, match. Go U Dogs!

just give up sjt1, its an obvious troll topic in which the goal posts keep getting moved every time you correct the 'facts.'

Anyone who states that Centrals have had almost no-one drafted to the AFL has zero knowledge of SANFL football and not worth debating with.

I think Larry actually posted,

"the reason why Centrals continued to dominate was because it stacked its side with AFL rejects whereas the other SANFL clubs took the time to develop[ future stars which eventually get drafted at the national draft. Of course, some CD fans tried to refute this comment."

"Those upcoming teams which would have challenged Centrals for the title have now been decimated at the draft, leaving the AFL reject stacked Centrals to run out next year pretty much unchallenged. "

Now the debate is no longer who has so called AFL rejects or who has developed "potential" future stars, or contributed to the draft. Now that, thats been discredited we move to quality i.e who out of the 128 players have performed.
No longer worth discussing. If you can justify any of Larrys comments, you're a fool by association.

"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what thay are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past and getting on with their lives" (J Michael Straczynski)

Game, set, match. Go U Dogs!

Of course quality is an issue given the crux of the debate centres around Centrals profiting from 'AFL rejects' by not losing as many quality players to the Draft while other SANFL clubs are regularly being decimated.

Quantity does not equate to quality - as proven by the likes of Paul Thomas, Elijah Ware, Adam Switala, Nathan Steinberner, Cameron Faulkner, Daniel Schell and Jon Giles either coming straight back or never leaving - while West Adelaide's entire 2003 crop alone is gone for good.

"Still, they refuse to accept your logic and continue to insist they are right. This is a common, if frustrating, experience. You may be tempted to conclude it is impossible to prove you are right. But this would be a mistake. Your proof may be impeccable; the trouble may be that the other person is being bull-headed." (J Rachels)

just give up sjt1, its an obvious troll topic in which the goal posts keep getting moved every time you correct the 'facts.'

Anyone who states that Centrals have had almost no-one drafted to the AFL has zero knowledge of SANFL football and not worth debating with.

And yet this post is probably the most pointless one in the thread. You've added nothing but a cute little cheerleading routine.

I like the quote Dyertribe, the most apt paragraph you've posted. A good summation, if not a bit kind to Larry.

Maybe, maybe not. Some under 17s if good enough would be playing 19s, 19s playing reserves league etc. I think our reserves team for example has been pretty inconsistent over the last ten years. A lot of different factors at play. Players moving to other SANFL teams, due to potential lack of opportunity. Some playing in lesser leagues for money. I think Buckets and O'hara played locally over the last five years until enticed to give the SANFL another go. Then you have the varying impact of the college players, being in and out of the SANFL teams.
Only a couple each year can break into the league side. I could be wrong but I think there was 6 first time premiership players in the tream this year.
Probably a better indicator for any team is how many players in the league squad are from the local area.
It would be interesting to see each teams sucess at u17/u19 level.

This is from fullpoints footy. Giving the reserves premierships since 1999. Struggling to find u17/u19. Not sure too much can be made of the below, other than all the successful Premiership sides or Grand Finalists have had some success at reserves level, since 1999.

Year Premier Gardiner Medalist club
2000 wwt west
2001 wwt cd
2002 cd cd
2003 cd wwt/cd/nwd
2004 wwt na
2005 na sa
2006 na nwd
2007 glg sa/na
2008 sturt glg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back