NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone actually know what they get paid? I would happily Goal umpire on a saturday ( too unfit to umpire) if it was worth it. would happily go to a training session every now and then but after playing footy for 30 years i dont think its the hardest job in the world

Goal Umpires range $43 in U19s to $81 in senior football

Not very much at all, $81 would be Premier and it’s a sliding scale based on division.

Probably the lowest in the state. For comparison the Ammo’s pay about $110 for Premier goal umpire these days.

It is appalling from what I saw yesterday Bunk. The guys umpiring were not up to it and it impacted on the contest.

I have watched not a lot of Eastern footy this year and from what I have seen the standard is deplorable. Where is the accountability on the league and coaching staff on where umpiring is heading. Seems like they have been far more focused on empire building and including clubs such as Beaconsfield and Berwick who have given nothing to the league. The league even has a full time staff member overseeing umpiring and therefore in a much better place than most of their counterparts.

I know umpiring is challenging for many reasons but surely there needs to be more focus on the standard, coaching and developing an environment that people want to be part of. It appears the league is going backwards rapidly in this area.

Don’t really understand the comment around Beaconsfield and Berwick giving nothing to the league? New additions that will find their level playing field given the multiple divisions. Don’t see any difference to many others like Silvan, Sth Belgrave and others on the periphery.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Only heard the last few seconds on 3aw but anyone know the story about some unsavoury comments directed at female players at the Donvale/Knox game
Apparently knox players were lining up for donvale womens and rating them on appearence, sticking out legs to trip them and so forth. Have heard it was their under 19 players but unconfirmed. Disgusting behaviour from all involved, especially with recent news RE gender based violence and all EFNL teams following AFL in pre game circle to recognise the issues at hand. I expect AFL Vic and the EFNL will come down hard on these players, as they should. Knox have released a statement on their FB condemning the behaviour also.

Apparently knox players were lining up for donvale womens and rating them on appearence, sticking out legs to trip them and so forth. Have heard it was their under 19 players but unconfirmed. Disgusting behaviour from all involved, especially with recent news RE gender based violence and all EFNL teams following AFL in pre game circle to recognise the issues at hand. I expect AFL Vic and the EFNL will come down hard on these players, as they should. Knox have released a statement on their FB condemning the behaviour also.
Absolutely disgusting if true.

Does anyone actually know what they get paid? I would happily Goal umpire on a saturday ( too unfit to umpire) if it was worth it. would happily go to a training session every now and then but after playing footy for 30 years i dont think its the hardest job in the world
Check here.
https://efnl.org.au/faq-becoming-an-umpire/
As mentioned earlier $81 Seniors, down to $43 U19's and no need to declare it on your tax.
Interesting that the uniform costs more than you get paid. You do get a free uniform your first year.
Goal Umpire Uniform
Long Sleeve Shirt: $45
Cap $17
Jacket $75
I have a retired friend who over winter umpired 3 times a week (Sat Seniors, Sun Juniors and mid week school competitions) as a good way to supplement his super. He's now transferred to goal umpiring doing much the same. He does the same for cricket over summer. A cricket umpire gets around $160 for the afternoon.

Last edited:
Yarra Valley students?

Of all the times for this to be highlighted. 🤦‍♂️

Also - The Outer East league has confirmed two of its clubs are being investigated by AFL Victoria as part of a statewide crackdown on player payments.

Last edited:
Of all the times for this to be highlighted. 🤦‍♂️

Also - The Outer East league has confirmed two of its clubs are being investigated by AFL Victoria as part of a statewide crackdown on player payments.
If powelltown maybe stevie wonder has been recruiting for them lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is an article about it on Fox Footy so id imagine Knox are in a world of trouble.

This has glen waverley hawks written all over it.
Sponsors will pull the plug, Junior club parents will threaten to pull kids, Shock if their own womens team dont walk.

As far as I know its their u19s? Wonder what they will do.

YVG expelled the two students in charge of that debacle, and they had only been at the school for one year on fresh scholarships.

This has glen waverley hawks written all over it.
Sponsors will pull the plug, Junior club parents will threaten to pull kids, Shock if their own womens team dont walk.

As far as I know its their u19s? Wonder what they will do.

YVG expelled the two students in charge of that debacle, and they had only been at the school for one year on fresh scholarships.

Shocking behaviour but doesn’t have the shock factor and shared video aspect of the Glen Waverley issue. Think they’ll be okay.

s**t it’s hard though. Stuff like this used to involve stern conversations and a few phone calls. Now clubs which are built and run b my hard working volunteers are dragged through the mud over the actions of some dickhead 18yo. The media love this stuff because it’s “football related” which means heaps of clicks.

Shocking behaviour but doesn’t have the shock factor and shared video aspect of the Glen Waverley issue. Think they’ll be okay.

s**t it’s hard though. Stuff like this used to involve stern conversations and a few phone calls. Now clubs which are built and run b my hard working volunteers are dragged through the mud over the actions of some dickhead 18yo. The media love this stuff because it’s “football related” which means heaps of clicks.
Yep spot on. I was shocked the YVG news made it to the front page, pure clickbait, and the perps were never getting away without being expelled.

100% agree about the poor lifeblood of the club. they def dont need this.

Not a good week or time to be doing this kinda crap. i still feel like heads will roll, watch and see I suppose

Yep spot on. I was shocked the YVG news made it to the front page, pure clickbait, and the perps were never getting away without being expelled.

100% agree about the poor lifeblood of the club. they def dont need this.

Not a good week or time to be doing this kinda crap. i still feel like heads will roll, watch and see I suppose

The moralising media s**t me up the wall. They don’t give a flying heck what happened to those girls. It’s all about clickbait, they’ll dump a world of s**t on anybody at all if there’s clicks in it.

I suspect Knox will commit to running some sort of "Respect" program for their male players, and that's about where it will end (beyond the apologies). Possibly some players stood down internally for a couple of weeks
Already some movements at Knox FNC with certain individuals told to move on and given open clearances if they wish to play elsewhere.

Feel for the President who was blindsided by the actions of the team that were nothing short of a disgrace. Was speaking to someone privy to what went on and they didn't even do it discreetly. Apparently was very obvious for all to see.

This is going to cause some issues at the club with relationships soured, sponsors already informing the club they are out and a divide amongst a club already struggling occurring.

The damage is significant and the amount of negative publicity isn't good. At least the President and committee got on the front foot.

Already some movements at Knox FNC with certain individuals told to move on and given open clearances if they wish to play elsewhere.

Feel for the President who was blindsided by the actions of the team that were nothing short of a disgrace. Was speaking to someone privy to what went on and they didn't even do it discreetly. Apparently was very obvious for all to see.

This is going to cause some issues at the club with relationships soured, sponsors already informing the club they are out and a divide amongst a club already struggling occurring.

The damage is significant and the amount of negative publicity isn't good. At least the President and committee got on the front foot.
This is a very serious issue in society and one can only hope that there is some learning to come out of it across the football world.

Women are being murdered, by men, who were supposed to care for them, every week.

Sporting clubs have an important role to play in stopping any sort of misogynistic behaviour whenever we see it.

We can make an important difference and I am sure the people at Knox will do everything they can to deal with this matter.

All of our clubs are so much better for the introduction of female football into the Association. Fingers crossed this is an isolated incident.

I'm pleased to hear that they're treating it seriously. I feel for their President and committee too - from what I've seen they're good people and this is a s**t situation not of their making. Their public response was quick & sensible.

I suspect Knox will commit to running some sort of "Respect" program for their male players, and that's about where it will end (beyond the apologies). Possibly some players stood down internally for a couple of weeks

Wasn't it the entire u19s team? If i was a paying sponsor I'd want more than that. Shocking to be linked with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back