NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be staggered if Fairpark don't claim some scalps at home before the end of the season. They cracked in yesterday.

Keen to hear tomorrow's EFNL podcast too. Another round full of intriguing results.

Glad we have them up at Coldstream this week, not at Fairpark.

Norwood had fresh out of the AFL tom highmore play, (stiff to be delisted by STK i thought) Would have helped a fair bit.

Puts berwick under the pump. Comes down to their matchup to see who goes down Id imagine. Bet woods twos are hoping they go down, % of 1.67 could be a state wide worst % in any senior comp I reckon, absolutely brutal

Warrandyte get another win, starting to gel as a team after a tough start, they to are struggling for numbers, had to forfeit their u19s too who are usually quite strong

Another year goes on and it looks like Nuna and Croydon north can only be competitive with each other, forest hill not much better. Dunno how much longer they can go on like this

Norwood had fresh out of the AFL tom highmore play, (stiff to be delisted by STK i thought) Would have helped a fair bit.

Puts berwick under the pump. Comes down to their matchup to see who goes down Id imagine. Bet woods twos are hoping they go down, % of 1.67 could be a state wide worst % in any senior comp I reckon, absolutely brutal

Warrandyte get another win, starting to gel as a team after a tough start, they to are struggling for numbers, had to forfeit their u19s too who are usually quite strong

Another year goes on and it looks like Nuna and Croydon north can only be competitive with each other, forest hill not much better. Dunno how much longer they can go on like this
And Warrandyte U19,s forfeited to Knox U19,s, and we all know Knox reserves did not play.Coldstream U19,s also forfeited which meant 2 forfeits in D3 U19,s.Some worrying signs with reserves and U19 football and perhaps should be looking at sides playing 16 players a side on ground if a club can only field 18 players.

Last edited:

Anyone know what's happened to Forest Hill's juniors? Thought they had a decent amount of teams a few years ago and now nothing?

Anyone know what's happened to Forest Hill's juniors? Thought they had a decent amount of teams a few years ago and now nothing?
Forest Hill only have U17,s and I think their cricket club might have no juniors either.Vermont use their ground a lot for junior football at the moment and that might be one of your problems.To many clubs to close to each other with Blackburn,East Burwood and Mitcham not far away.

And Warrandyte U19,s forfeited to Knox U19,s, and we all know Knox reserves did not play.Coldstream U19,s also forfeited which meant 2 forfeits in D3 U19,s.Some worrying signs with reserves and U19 football and perhaps should be looking at sides playing 16 players a side on ground if a club can only field 18 players.

Pretty sure if either side wants to play 16 a side in Under 19 footy then they do it.

Any official news regarding Knox 2s this week? I see FTG are advertising their 2s v Knox at 12:30pm on their socials.

So presuming it was just a 1 week lay off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vale East Burwood Legend Bob Shaw, Bob passed away last night. 280 Games. Very Sad.
Very sad news indeed. Bob was one of the greats of EBFC. I was looking forward to seeing him at the reunion next month. A terrific player and person and a key player in the clubs very successful era in the 60's. 6 Premierships. Vale Bob, have a beer with Alan.

Last edited:
Any official news regarding Knox 2s this week? I see FTG are advertising their 2s v Knox at 12:30pm on their socials.

According to the EFNL's statement, they are overseeing the investigation process and the team would be stood down until it was completed. So I guess that the investigation has been completed. I wonder if the results will be published. If you compare the R7 team to the R9 team there are at least 6 players missing. There could be more or less depending on injuries, players taking a holiday, etc. players returning from injury and other people bought into the team to make up numbers. We await the EFNL and Knox's responses. Are the players suspended indefinitely, for a set period or until they have completed some sort of training course? Until then it's speculation on the players involved, all the names are there for both the R7 and R9 teams.

Forest Hill only have U17,s and I think their cricket club might have no juniors either.Vermont use their ground a lot for junior football at the moment and that might be one of your problems.To many clubs to close to each other with Blackburn,East Burwood and Mitcham not far away.
& yet in 6 months time someone will suggest to reducing the points again.
No valid reason will be presented perhaps other than my club survives only using these points.

Good way to send a club like this & it’s history to the brink. 😳 Some clubs have little choice but to recruit what they can to present a side each week.

Not directed at you old mate G just quoting due to the relevance of your post.

6 week penalty for an official. 😳
6 weeks for any player found guilty of etc
No mention of how many players were found guilty.
Permanent ban for players applicable if found to have done something similar in the next 2 years amongst other outcomes.

6 week penalty for an official. 😳
That is very ordinary.

I think it a pretty weak response from the league considering we now know an official and multiple players were involved.

A fake $10,000 fine is nothing. Some respect course. And they have have been able to choose who was to blame.

They should have deducted 16 points from their 1s, 2s and 19s. That would have made them feel it.

Not wrong when they say it could have serious ramifications for local footy.

I don’t know about that to be honest, seems like typical media talk.

There are rules around the width of the boundary from the fence etc and having tables and other things inside the fence.

If they’ve broken those guidelines they’re probably liable.

But I’m not sure what the ramifications for everybody else are. Just follow the rules and you will be okay.

The Knox Penalty looks to be all smoke and mirrors. Mind you with all the sexual judgment how can we have a male show called Mr Vermont? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back