NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

The Knox Penalty looks to be all smoke and mirrors. Mind you with all the sexual judgment how can we have a male show called Mr Vermont? :p

Funny you raise that, I did see it during the week and will admit I raised an eyebrow. Go back 30 years and I reckon heaps of clubs had this style of function where the blokes put on a “performance” and the girls all got pissed and carried on. I reckon very very few would still have them, times have just changed.

Funny you raise that, I did see it during the week and will admit I raised an eyebrow. Go back 30 years and I reckon heaps of clubs had this style of function where the blokes put on a “performance” and the girls all got pissed and carried on. I reckon very very few would still have them, times have just changed.

Won’t dob in the club, but attended one ladies night (far less than 30 years ago lol) that a professional stripper also attended in nothing but a bow tie.

There are rules around the width of the boundary from the fence etc and having tables and other things inside the fence.

If they’ve broken those guidelines they’re probably liable.

Quite possible (even probable) that no practical changes occur, but I’d imagine if Templeton is successful in his legal pursuit a lot of councils, leagues and clubs might shit themselves a bit about whether or not they’re crossing their I’s and dotting their T’s.
Regardless of outcome I think it will trigger a review of things like fence heights, distance of fence from boundary, padding etc. I know in this instance it seems like it was the water drum(?) but could just as easily been a seated player/official who didn’t get out of the way instead.

Another sunny Saturday of football, I'm starting to forget what rain even looks like.

• Balwyn continuing to get the job done on top.
  • Vermont win their 4th game in row and enter the top 5 for the first time this year.
  • Noble Park lose their 4th game in a row and drop out of the top 5 for the first time this year.
  • Mitcham huge winners against Beaconsfield and are now 3rd on the ladder.
  • Wantirna South just had to beat Mooroolbark to keep any hope alive of staying in Div 1, and didn't.
  • Park Orchards way out in front and don't look like losing.
  • Croydon after defeating Boronia have lost 2 in a row.
  • Waverly Blues have snuck under the radar a little now 7-1, 2 games clear in 2nd position and equal points with Boronia. And have The Basin to this week.
  • East Burwood, just when i talk you up you go and lose to Heathmont and finals will be tough now. Must beat Lilydale this week.
  • Heathmont great win gives them some breathing space and leaves The Basin 2 games clear on the bottom.
  • Fairpark playing super competitive football but sitting on the bottom with 1 win. Cant see them getting relegated but must start winning.
  • Knox strong 10 goal win against FTG gets them back on track after a couple of turbulent weeks.
  • The Div 3 top 3 have broken away from the rest.
  • Croydon North win! Big winners over Nunawading.
  • Nunawading we talked up your improvement and then you go and do this.
  • Whitehorse holding top spot with a big win against Chirnside Park.

Croydon are 4 goals worse off without Fraser Smith and Andrew Carter playing, they did well to only fall short by 16 points. Skills yesterday were shit by both teams (for that division), Waverley Blues superior with tackling and foot speed.

Croydon are 4 goals worse off without Fraser Smith and Andrew Carter playing, they did well to only fall short by 16 points. Skills yesterday were shit by both teams (for that division), Waverley Blues superior with tackling and foot speed.
Very Croydon like to lead off with the excuses.

Who Beats Donvale in 3rd Div? They've lost 1 game in in their last 28 and heard they had 8 of the best 22 out yesterday.

Other than Surrey Park nobody has got that close in 2 years

It doesn't look like anyone currently. But we all thought the same with South Belgrave last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave us a big fright today. They had a chance to go 9 points up in the last but missed. We kicked the last 3 goals of the game and we were home.

Cant believe they have only won 1 game.
I was watching the live scores. Barring disastrous injuries / lots of players going to Europe I can't see Fairpark going down

I personally find it really hard to know what a punishment should be at local level. If the behaviour was confined to a small number of players, you can boot them out. Say 5 or less.

But more than that, what do you do? Suspend them all for a long period? Stop them fielding a side, which costs all the clubs in the league a game against them?

I’m sure there were degrees of involvement. Who did what? Who cops it? With shit behaviour there were typically ringleaders and then those that are just “there”. Should they cop a huge suspension for not actually doing anything, but just not speaking up? Any reserves side could have players from 18 to 40yo in it. We talk about “active bystanders” and other guff, but how do we judge what action some introverted young bloke should take against his own leaders? It’s a big ask.

Very complex issue.

^^No one knows how many players, will they make a few the "scapegoats"? Then there's an Official that no one is naming, that tarnishes every official involved in the Reserves. It's not over yet and no doubt the media is sniffing around for a story.

I personally find it really hard to know what a punishment should be at local level. If the behaviour was confined to a small number of players, you can boot them out. Say 5 or less.

But more than that, what do you do? Suspend them all for a long period? Stop them fielding a side, which costs all the clubs in the league a game against them?

I’m sure there were degrees of involvement. Who did what? Who cops it? With shit behaviour there were typically ringleaders and then those that are just “there”. Should they cop a huge suspension for not actually doing anything, but just not speaking up? Any reserves side could have players from 18 to 40yo in it. We talk about “active bystanders” and other guff, but how do we judge what action some introverted young bloke should take against his own leaders? It’s a big ask.

Very complex issue.
I'd hope that they consulted their Women's team for their thoughts on what was appropriate and went from there. It's easy to make big statements about what should happen when it doesn't directly affect your club. It seems like a pretty balanced response to me, and the suspended fine hangs over the club's head for a while. That's a substantial risk at this level.

^^No one knows how many players, will they make a few the "scapegoats"? Then there's an Official that no one is naming, that tarnishes every official involved in the Reserves. It's not over yet and no doubt the media is sniffing around for a story.
They played with 18 on the weekend per the match day run down & there are a couple of fill ins within that 18.

The day of the incident they played with 23. That perhaps provides an idea as to potential numbers that are having a 6 week spell. More than a few?

They played with 18 on the weekend per the match day run down & there are a couple of fill ins within that 18.

The day of the incident they played with 23. That perhaps provides an idea as to potential numbers that are having a 6 week spell. More than a few?
9 names missing from the previous game +1 official, though some could be out injured, on holiday etc. Likely more than a few.

Anyone heading out to watch the kids interleague tommorrow ?

I'm going to watch nephew play in the U15 boys

Max Hall from Montrose via Box Hill drafted by the Saints with pick 4.

Hall and Smit from Montrose.

Add to that the Wizard last year, not bad by the red and the blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back