Remove this Banner Ad

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
Not sure if anyone else watches... thread might thud.

Japanese media predicting Hawks again for Pac league and Japan series. Carp the tip for Cen league. Bit of talk around Yakult. I saw Balentien in a warm up match but he looked out of shape. As a Yakult fan, I wonder which Yamada will turn up this season.

Good timezone to watch live from Australia.

DB - D 18:30
T - S 18:00
C - G 18:00
F - B 18:30
M - E 18:30
H - L 18:30

Japan times

Not sure if anyone else watches... thread might thud.

Japanese media predicting Hawks again for Pac league and Japan series. Carp the tip for Cen league. Bit of talk around Yakult. I saw Balentien in a warm up match but he looked out of shape. As a Yakult fan, I wonder which Yamada will turn up this season.

Good timezone to watch live from Australia.

DB - D 18:30
T - S 18:00
C - G 18:00
F - B 18:30
M - E 18:30
H - L 18:30

Japan times
Any tips on finding the starting pitcher for each game? I agree, though, the Japan, and even Korea Leagues, are quite fun to follow.

Pro yakyu news is on FujiOne about 4 times a day. I am sure I have seen it mentioned.

It might also be on the app for each team.

As I don't bet on the outcome, I am happy to watch whoever turns up.

I'm going to Japan in August, planning to see some Tokyo Yakult Swallows games with my mate who lives there. He reckons Meiji Jingu Stadium in Shinjuku (Swallows home stadium) has way better atmosphere than Yomiuri Giants games at Tokyo Dome, just a soulless indoor stadium.

Keen to see the Hanshin Tigers when I'm in Osaka and maybe Hiroshima Toyo Carp too

Meiji Jingu 1 is awesome that time of year but it could rain. Its right next to Chichibunomiya (home of Japan Rugby), Jingu 2 (for college games) and Kokuritsu Kyogijo (the national stadium currently being rebuilt for the Olympics.) This big area was kind of the Homebush of the first Tokyo Olympics . There is a batting centre in the park where you can hire a bat and try having a few hits. Great fun. There is also a massive outdoor yakiniku restaurant that operates on an all you can eat / all you can drink basis - great place to drink with young Japanese people. Enter the park from Shinanomachi station to see all this.

Tokyo dome is a bit sterile. (Giants are to Japanese baseball what McDonalds are to dining, in my view. So its appropriate to have them there.) That said, the whole Tokyo dome development is something that a lot of other cities need to copy. They have put a massive stadium into a complex with a 4 star hotel, two large shopping centres, bowling alley, bars, restaurants and they have interspersed it all with the rides of a theme park. Instead of paying to go into the theme park you buy a wristband and walk between the shops etc and the rides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back