NTFL 2017/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Absolute thriller of a game. Was amazing to commentate.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
Holy s**t.

Did buffs have money on districts? They blew about 8 or 9 chances in the last 5 minutes to at least level the scores. Parts blind panic, parts trying to be too cute, and parts hideous errors.

Matt Campbell should be smacked. Don’t demand the ball from a guy kicking from 55, 10m back of the mark, then deliver the ball to a 4 on 1 in the deep in the impossible pocket. Let the bloke deliver it to the top of the square and try and get something from there, either a mark or a rushed kick at goal or a panic kick out of defence to a good spot for you. He picked the worst option.

An absolute thriller of a grand final, wowee. You're right, definitely a spectacle! Fairly decent crowd for a Wednesday night too, 5443! That scramble for the last few minutes with the long bombs, spoils etc. was incredible. Well done to Southern Districts for holding on, Buffs never gave up

Holy s**t.

Did buffs have money on districts? They blew about 8 or 9 chances in the last 5 minutes to at least level the scores. Parts blind panic, parts trying to be too cute, and parts hideous errors.

Matt Campbell should be smacked. Don’t demand the ball from a guy kicking from 55, 10m back of the mark, then deliver the ball to a 4 on 1 in the deep in the impossible pocket. Let the bloke deliver it to the top of the square and try and get something from there, either a mark or a rushed kick at goal or a panic kick out of defence to a good spot for you. He picked the worst option.

The worst one was that shot by the big #20 guy in the 20th minute. Mark just outside 50, sold the dummy, tried the big run up and then blasted it out on the full. Grand final pressure just getting to them i suppose. A few sitters dropped inside 50 in that scramble as well

upload_2018-3-23_8-14-57.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
The worst one was that shot by the big #20 guy in the 20th minute. Mark just outside 50, sold the dummy, tried the big run up and then blasted it out on the full. Grand final pressure just getting to them i suppose. A few sitters dropped inside 50 in that scramble as well

View attachment 473381

He came second in the Nichols Medal and had a dominant season for the Buffs, but was just not good enough in the big dance.

He came second in the Nichols Medal and had a dominant season for the Buffs, but was just not good enough in the big dance.

Bit of a Taylor Walker / Josh Jenkins scenario i reckon haha was it you on commentary for the game?

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Bit of a Taylor Walker / Josh Jenkins scenario i reckon haha was it you on commentary for the game?

I was doing ABC commentary for radio not YouTube. Still very fun to commentate regardless. That goal in the last quarter from Stokes to keep them alive was breathtaking.

I was doing ABC commentary for radio not YouTube. Still very fun to commentate regardless. That goal in the last quarter from Stokes to keep them alive was breathtaking.

Ahh fair enough. I missed the start so wasn't sure who was on comms. That's awesome though!

Was certainly a grand final for the ages. Could imagine the atmosphere at the ground would have been pretty intense. In that commentary box too probably haha

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Ahh fair enough. I missed the start so wasn't sure who was on comms. That's awesome though!

Was certainly a grand final for the ages. Could imagine the atmosphere at the ground would have been pretty intense. In that commentary box too probably haha

We were going off, I couldn't shut up. The intensity was insane, players just forcing the ball forward at any costs. The confusion around the scoreboard being adjusted a couple of times throughout the game was a big factor as well. Rusca wasn't sure his team had won at the siren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back