NTFL footy thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OneEyedPie7

All Australian
Mar 21, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Talking point gotta be Sonny Whiting kicking 16 against the Swans. You would have to think East Devonport will struggle to survive after this season, I played reserves against them and we won by 257 points. Real shame for the NTFL if they go because they have been a very good club in the comp.

No George Mclaughlin isn't playing for east devonport anymore. Had an argument with chris reynolds (former reserves coach) during pre season and i'm pretty sure he isn't playing footy at all this year.

Talking point gotta be Sonny Whiting kicking 16 against the Swans. You would have to think East Devonport will struggle to survive after this season, I played reserves against them and we won by 257 points. Real shame for the NTFL if they go because they have been a very good club in the comp.

While Sonny is a very talented player, keep in perspective who the opposition is!!

Yeah East's have been a competitive club before 1998 (their last GF appearance, which they lost to South Launceston), since then they've gone totally off the cliff, they slowly but surely lost their key personnel over the last 9 seasons, and have become a total laughing stock.

Whilst some coaches get scathing in the paper about East's and how woeful they are, it might be harsh, but it's true!

Yeah i reckon they will fold. They should have linked up with Devonport at the start of the season and they could have kept some of their identity. But now they will have nothing. George Mclaughlin couldn't get a kick in a power station.

Yeah i reckon they will fold. They should have linked up with Devonport at the start of the season and they could have kept some of their identity. But now they will have nothing. George Mclaughlin couldn't get a kick in a power station.

Interesting terminology there Ball n Chain .. I probably would have gone with Karate Fight.

Not sure there'd be much need to be kicking things around in a power station .. could be kind of dangerous really .. you know, with all the live wires and all:D

Hi fellas just wondering how a few local people from Ararat, Vic are going. David Law who is coach of the Pengwin football club and players Pat Kelly and joe Waring. Cheers.:)

We will find out this weekend as they come up against the undefeated Devonport. Seems to me that the Kelly boys are overrated and all they want to do is fight. Don't think they are worth the $450 a game they are getting. Is there any truth to the rumour that the current Burnie President is resigning at the end of the year now that the cricket is back at west park?

Hey just wondering how a mate of mine Tim Wheeler went in the game he played for Hillwood a while back.. Anyone see the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back