NTFL Season 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of an anti-climax me just updating this about 3 days before the GF, but oh well. Glad to see Nightcliff knocked off their perch. As much as I don't like Tahs, will be hoping for them to win instead of Saints. Always like seeing other clubs get a go in the GF and it should be a cracking game. Crazy how quick the season has flown by.
Yeah saints have won enough and are very arrogant, on a minor note league said would clamp down on bad behaviour after Palmy riot yet after prelim final buffs and saints punched on while still on the ground and.....crickets, what do you expect when two untouchable teams involved

Yeah saints have won enough and are very arrogant, on a minor note league said would clamp down on bad behaviour after Palmy riot yet after prelim final buffs and saints punched on while still on the ground and.....crickets, what do you expect when two untouchable teams involved

Growing up playing junior footy for Palmy, I was fairly blessed with 3 flags during my climb from Under 13's to Under 18's. Saints were always up there but luckily we seemed to have our measure on them. Saints seniors were always arrogant + winning everything, and seemed to get away with murder (+ the assistance on financial issues). Waratahs were always the arrogant ones through juniors, usually because it was all the rich Darwin High/Parap/Larrakeyah/Cullen Bay boys. Hated playing them, as they always managed to beat us in the home & away season; but thankfully we knocked them off in the finals every time. Their seniors team wasn't too bad, I guess because they never really won anything. Will never forget when they recruited Fev; and have to admit that there is no better ground to play or watch a game of footy in Darwin than Gardens Oval.

But even after all that, I just despise the Saints seniors team (maybe a tad jealous) and don't ever enjoying watching them or Nightcliff win flags. I hope Tahs come out and smash them

Growing up playing junior footy for Palmy, I was fairly blessed with 3 flags during my climb from Under 13's to Under 18's. Saints were always up there but luckily we seemed to have our measure on them. Saints seniors were always arrogant + winning everything, and seemed to get away with murder (+ the assistance on financial issues). Waratahs were always the arrogant ones through juniors, usually because it was all the rich Darwin High/Parap/Larrakeyah/Cullen Bay boys. Hated playing them, as they always managed to beat us in the home & away season; but thankfully we knocked them off in the finals every time. Their seniors team wasn't too bad, I guess because they never really won anything. Will never forget when they recruited Fev; and have to admit that there is no better ground to play or watch a game of footy in Darwin than Gardens Oval.

But even after all that, I just despise the Saints seniors team (maybe a tad jealous) and don't ever enjoying watching them or Nightcliff win flags. I hope Tahs come out and smash them
Yes saints always seem to get financial, league and umpire assistance, and they think rules don't apply to them, I must thank Tahs for getting Fev up, he was just out of AFL and watching a gun full forward at gardens on a Sunday was one of my great footy memories

Saints: cheats Nightcliff:$$$ Buffs: worst club Wanderers: becoming worst club, go Tiwi and pints

I feel like you left out your opinion on Palmerston out of respect for me. I would have to say Palmerston: Thugs fits in there haha

Yes I did leave palmy out due to respect and I know there are some good people out there trying to do good stuff so..... Palmerston: battling

Completely agree with you though. Battling on and off the field. If recruiting Eddie Betts, arguably the best and most popular recent retiree, couldn’t turn us around, we’re in a bit of strife. Hopefully over the off season there’s a big shift on culture. A whole season with Guthrie and Dennis, and a culture where people are happy and safe, could do us wonders.

If only other teams got baled out by the government twice,a slap on the wrist for systematic organised cheating last year and help from the umpires maybe they would.

Lol. Bitter much. Everyone has been bailed out. Palmerston for ages, districts and tiwi carried.

Palmerston should be a powerhouse but they aren’t. Utter total Failure.

Tiwi are an expensive failed experiment by the looks of it, unfortunately.

Tahs. Lol. Bailed out about 5 times. Gifted a club and whinge continually about everything and win sfa.

Wanderers are what they are.

Districts have a crack. Good on them.

Nightcliff have their s**t together (about time, not sure what they had been doing). Unless they lose the plot, they should be near it more or less permanently now.

Buffs like wanderers are what they are but much crazier.

Anyway. Cry more.

I get sick of the whinging. If you want to be better. Do what nightcliff did. Have a hard and honest look at why they weren’t as successful as they should have been and make the changes.

It took them a few years as the changes propagated thru but they stuck with it. Now they’ll be there or there abouts pretty much every year.

Do what Nightcliff did? So just pay lots of money and steal other clubs players? i don't think Tahs have been bailed out 5 times that's rubbish,they gave away prime land in Fannie bay and now share a council ground with a minor club, saints didn't pay taxes for years in the nineties but payed players and last year got caught blatantly cheating and made out they were heros cause they 'owned' their mistake, my question is the coaching staff obviously chose to cheat but was the football committee in on it as well cause they paid for plane fare for player who they apparently didn't know the whereabouts of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do what Nightcliff did? So just pay lots of money and steal other clubs players? i don't think Tahs have been bailed out 5 times that's rubbish,they gave away prime land in Fannie bay and now share a council ground with a minor club, saints didn't pay taxes for years in the nineties but payed players and last year got caught blatantly cheating and made out they were heros cause they 'owned' their mistake, my question is the coaching staff obviously chose to cheat but was the football committee in on it as well cause they paid for plane fare for player who they apparently didn't know the whereabouts of?
Cry more. Jesus. Saints hardly profited from anything last year and Nightcliff would have and did annihilate everybody else. and you got to watch saints lose a heart breaker. I would have thought that was worth it For you. But nope. 😭😭 the next season.

Nightcliff have built from underneath, yes they got a couple of players including a star from saints.

Palmo got the highest profile recruit for years, a still afl fit betts And did nothing, maybe lost by a little less. Woot. Great success.

Tahs. A GF every 22 years. What a beacon. And such aresholes about everything. Happy to see them lose, to anyone, anytime.

i was surrounded by Nightcliff and Buffs people yesterday. They seemed ok with tahs losing. That might tell you something.

Nightcliff have built from underneath, yes they got a couple of players including a star from saints.
Nightcliff used to build from underneath until they realised they signing a bunch of star players from around the NTFL and interstate was an easier way to win a flag. They've been bleeding good young talent for a few seasons now, Holt-Fitz is probably next to go

Saints knew last year they couldn't beat Nightcliff unless they broke the rules that everyone else abided by and planned exactly what they were doing,the league should have disqualified them from finals but it was too hard but didn't stop them trying to cheat again this year and blaming covid: always play the victim

Saints knew last year they couldn't beat Nightcliff unless they broke the rules that everyone else abided by and planned exactly what they were doing,the league should have disqualified them from finals but it was too hard but didn't stop them trying to cheat again this year and blaming covid: always play the victim
Lol that was a div 1 game against nightcliff who also did the same thing in the same game in an effort to get a game on.

If you want to see real tears what about when saints cried and cried until they got wanderers captain rubbed out in the finals for a hip and shoulder? Or after being looked after by umpires in grand finals for years they get beaten in one and coach abuses umpires on the ground? Plus you said Tahs have been bailed out at least 5 times: do you just lie when the truth is too much for you?

I missed the first quarter but at the ground the Saints looked cleaner inside and could therefore get the ball to a receiver on the outside in a good position far more often than Waratahs could. I feel like the game was decided by a few key moments and these went Saints way, just simple things like a missed tackle or a 50/50 contest lost killed Waratah.

The 50 metre penalties were out of control tho, so many goals directly or indirectly from these. Both teams were having to work so hard for a goal and it would take a bit of individual brilliance or great team play and so much work, then a nothing free kick results in a goal. I am not sure what the answer is but these 50m penalties are having too much influence on the game be it AFL, NTFL or wherever.

If you want to see real tears what about when saints cried and cried until they got wanderers captain rubbed out in the finals for a hip and shoulder? Or after being looked after by umpires in grand finals for years they get beaten in one and coach abuses umpires on the ground? Plus you said Tahs have been bailed out at least 5 times: do you just lie when the truth is too much for you?
How long have you been around the NTFL? Tahs have been a basket case for a large chunk of their history. They have been better in the last few years but before that. Lol.

That incident with the umpires went seriously close to costing chopper his job. Haley alluded to it in the call if you watch it.

Saints won, deal with it. They were way better Sat night. And had a lot of support from other clubs. Shows you how much people think of Tahs.

You must be a Waratah supporter. Only they can whinge this much.

Saints were way too good Saturday and even better the Saturday before, I don't barrack for Tahs I do have a soft spot for them as they brought Fev and Mark Jacko Jackson up here ( should be a clue how long I've been around NTFL) the majority of people wanted Tahs to lose but didn't want saints to win, you did say Tahs have been bailed out 5 times and that is a lie but don't let facts get in the way of a good story

Wow. They brought up fev. Woot. Recent past. The ntfl across all clubs have brought in stars. Some in the prime of their careers. Ie mark McClure and Kenny Hunter at north Darwin. Yes in the late 70s they rolled out for north Darwin. Michael Graham for saints, as good a player ever to lace up a boot here. And going further back bill Dempsey, billy roe, David kantilla etc

And the local kids much more interesting to me Matt whelan , Richie, mick long, Cyril , etc.

Uh huh, that went off on a different tangent, I guess we will never get to the bottom of the mythical Tahs being bailed out 5 times but we both know it never happened. After the Palmy riot the league said they would clamp down on bad behaviour (for the umpteenth time) there was a punch up after the buffs/saints under eighteens final but nothing and my old club Eagles are going to get their second player sent to jail for assault and drug offences, if the club isn't doing enough maybe the league should step in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back