NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, Can someone tell me start end of the footy season in Darwin? Has it already commenced. Also if going up,, which would be the stronger sides to look for?
Do the footy clubs up there look after you as much as the ones in country vic? Job, house, remuneration?

Thanks

thomo44 said:
Hi, Can someone tell me start end of the footy season in Darwin? Has it already commenced. Also if going up,, which would be the stronger sides to look for?
Do the footy clubs up there look after you as much as the ones in country vic? Job, house, remuneration?

Thanks

The start of the football season starts this weekend. The strong clubs look like Waratahs, Tiwi (but are playing half the season), Southern Districts have picked up some players from other clubs aswell.

Some clubs look after their Tiwi players with house etc. But not many players get that sort of treatment NT footy doesnt have the finance available to be a highly classed league.

UMPIRES CARNIVAL RESULTS

POOL A: Darwin, Palmerston, Tiwi, Wanderers
POOL B: Nightcliff, St.Mary's, Southern Districts, Waratah

ROUND 1
DAR 5.10 def PALM 4.4
ST.M 5.7 lost to NICL 10.3
WAND 7.6 lost to TIWI 12.10
TAHS 11.2 def S.DIS 6.2

ROUND 2
DAR 4.8 lost to WAND 7.4
ST.M 5.4 lost to TAHS 10.4
PALM 3.0 lost to TIWI 13.10
NICL 5.5 lost to S.DIS 5.12

ROUND 3
DAR 2.4 lost to TIWI 12.3
ST.M 5.9 lost to S.DIS 7.10
PALM 6.4 lost to WAND 7.6
TAHS 15.0 def NICL 4.4

STANDINGS
POOL A

TIWI 3-0
WAND 2-1
DAR 1-2
PALM 0-3

POOL B
TAHS 3-0
S.DIS 2-1
NICL 1-2
ST.M 0-3

SEMI FINALS
TIWI 10.3 def S.DIS 3.5
WAND 2.3 lost to TAHS 13.7

GRAND FINAL
TIWI 11.7 def TAHS 4.7

Community/TEAFA competition went to Tiwi Community who knocked off Waratahs B 1.8.6 to 1.2.7 (They used the 9 pointers in this comp). Other teams in this comp were Tracy Villiage, Miwatj, Naiuyu Hawks, Wadeye, Western Aranda, Warruwi Storm, Timber Creek and Gunbalanya.

The BBQ Man said:
Welcome to the NT thread frogdog looking forward to your comments. It would have to be some sort of koo if Majo was to lure O'Toole, if he does fair chance Nalder will go to!!! TWO OF THE BEST!!!:thumbsu:

Speaking Of swan hill boys apparently Cole Hedwards is suppost to be getting big bucks to play up there any word just curious to find out if the rumors round our quiet little town are true???

season is starting tomoro with tiwi playing st marys, palmerston playing waratahs, sth districts playing darwin buffs and nightcliff playing wanderers

fiddy said:
season is starting tomoro with tiwi playing st marys, palmerston playing waratahs, sth districts playing darwin buffs and nightcliff playing wanderers

would love it if someone could keep us updated on Nightcliff. Our coach and a few players are spending the summer there

AJPAJP said:
would love it if someone could keep us updated on Nightcliff. Our coach and a few players are spending the summer there

sorry mate i dnt have much to do with nightcliff..i have alot to do with southern districts, but will let ya no how all the teams are traveling

flagpie said:
Can anyone tell me how big Courtney Findlay went for Waratahs in their practice match on the weekend??

How'd he look??

Heard he may have snagged a few??

Not sure, but if he's playing up north he will slay them.
Has got an excellent reputation as a high quality player who could take 10-15 marks a game and go forward and kick goals.
Quality tap ruckman also.
I am putting all AFL talent scouts on notice this bloke can play and maybe worth a trip north at some point to take a look.

howdy gents,
this question is for anyone who knows the goulburn valley league in vic as well as the NTFL...... Is there a big difference in the two leagues?
Would a senior player in GV get a run in the 1's in the NTFL?

Cheers

harsh said:
Not sure, but if he's playing up north he will slay them.
Has got an excellent reputation as a high quality player who could take 10-15 marks a game and go forward and kick goals.
Quality tap ruckman also.
I am putting all AFL talent scouts on notice this bloke can play and maybe worth a trip north at some point to take a look.
Is he still young enough to be picked up in the draft !?.........whats his playing background !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Whip said:
howdy gents,
this question is for anyone who knows the goulburn valley league in vic as well as the NTFL...... Is there a big difference in the two leagues?
Would a senior player in GV get a run in the 1's in the NTFL?

Cheers
S h i t here....Does'nt matter if you come from the GV GFL HFL BaFL & WBfl ya top 5/10 1's players would make it ! as long as they can put up & get used to playing in the Territory conditions !

BIGANT said:
S h i t here....Does'nt matter if you come from the GV GFL HFL BaFL & WBfl ya top 5/10 1's players would make it ! as long as they can put up & get used to playing in the Territory conditions !

BIGANT - can you tell me whether or not Brad MaCabe is playing for the wanderers this season has played the last 3 i think. Played at Kaniva-Leeor this year and won there Best and Fairest Easily. Also is Peter Mcfarlane playing for St Mary'st his year??

roaring tiger said:
BIGANT - can you tell me whether or not Brad MaCabe is playing for the wanderers this season has played the last 3 i think. Played at Kaniva-Leeor this year and won there Best and Fairest Easily. Also is Peter Mcfarlane playing for St Mary'st his year??
I think he is...i'm only going on that his portrait photo (McFarlane) is in St Marys website under player pic's for this oncoming season ! Not sure on MaCabe you speak of !? is he a gun....furthermore i'm unsure if Cooper is up there again for Waratahs !? as after another gr8 season he had w Kingston this season i've heard around the traps that a sanfl club was looking at him & a Mt.Gambier based WBfl side were also looking at him !
Might pay to look in the aflnt site for results, i've known for them (NT) to be slow putting each rounds results in each week ! so i'd check tomorrow or tomorrow night if your interested !? :D

southern districts smashed Darwin Buffaloes and waratahs smashed Palmerston

stmookeyj said:
I can tell you Nightcliff were too good for Wanderers and Tiwi easilly beat Saints.
Thats surprizing....!? After all the so called playing losses to Nightcliff.Who have they lost & who have they picked up....what about wanderers !?

Results from the weekend.

Tiwi 2.6 5.13 11.19 14.25 (109)
St Marys 3.5 4.7 6.8 11.9 (75)

Waratahs 4.3 14.3 17.5 22.10 (132)
Palmerston 2.1 6.4 10.6 13.8 (86)

Sth Districts 1.3 5.5 12.11 20.13 (133)
Darwin 3.3 6.3 7.3 7.4 (46)

Nightcliff 6.1 8.8 12.11 15.15 (105)
Wanderers 0.7 2.9 5.12 10.13 (73)

a few high scores to start the season off.

fiddy said:
Results from the weekend.

Tiwi 2.6 5.13 11.19 14.25 (109)
St Marys 3.5 4.7 6.8 11.9 (75)

Waratahs 4.3 14.3 17.5 22.10 (132)
Palmerston 2.1 6.4 10.6 13.8 (86)

Sth Districts 1.3 5.5 12.11 20.13 (133)
Darwin 3.3 6.3 7.3 7.4 (46)

Nightcliff 6.1 8.8 12.11 15.15 (105)
Wanderers 0.7 2.9 5.12 10.13 (73)

a few high scores to start the season off.
Some interesting results !? Whats the use of aflnt having a website thats got fixtures/results etc etc and they don't even up date it.It would be nice to see who's playing where & who's playing well & kicking goals.....Lift your game aflnt it's bad enough it's not on tv !!:thumbsdown:

probably should of put this with the scores as well.

Tiwi vs Saints
Goals - Tiwi: E Tipungwuti 5 D Kantilla 2 O Henry T Wilson W Pilakui S Munkara J Heenan M Wilson D Rioli
Saints: I Vallejo 2 V Dunn 2 D Gordon 2 S Rioli M Patterson P Grant E Gunderson A Loughman
Best - Tiwi:W Pilakui E Tipungwuti T Wilson S Munkara N Pangaraminni
Saints: M Dobbin I Villejo A Loughman S rioli D Gordon

Waratahs vs Palmerston
Goals - Waratahs: F Matthews 6 D Annable 4 K Bruce 3 G Puruntatameri 3 D McKenny 2 J Bury 2 G Ougton M Goodwin
Palmerston: A Williams 3 M perry 2 A reti 2 L Gale J Frank G Crawford S Croxford M Gartner B Berno
Best - Waratahs: D O'Sullivan D Annable A Hoban D Neal F Matthews
Palmerston: J Frank A Reti A Williams J Cockatoo S Croxford

Southern Districts vs Darwin
Goals - S'Districts: A Wedding 9 T Carrol 3 T Walker 2 J Rahilly S Rusca B AhMat G Atkins M McLean B McCasker
Darwin: K Betts 2 A Betts 2 W Baird A Russell R Fejo
Best - S'Districts: A Wedding G atkins M Rattley D Skipper T Fittock
Darwin: D Hayes C Stokes K Betts J Peris F Hazelbane

Nightcliff vs Wanderers
Goals - Nightcliff: M Carpio 4 A kelly 2 R Roberts 2 P Florence 2 S Carr G Chivers W Berto J Peckham R Issac
Wanderers: M Motlop 4 J Jeffery 2 J Roe S Thompson G Dundovic D Miskin
Best - Nightcliff: N Salter M Carpio P Florence B Moody R Roberts
Wanderers: M Motlop J Scrymgour J Jeffery G Dundovic S Gilbert

fiddy said:
probably should of put this with the scores as well.

Tiwi vs Saints
Goals - Tiwi: E Tipungwuti 5 D Kantilla 2 O Henry T Wilson W Pilakui S Munkara J Heenan M Wilson D Rioli
Saints: I Vallejo 2 V Dunn 2 D Gordon 2 S Rioli M Patterson P Grant E Gunderson A Loughman
Best - Tiwi:W Pilakui E Tipungwuti T Wilson S Munkara N Pangaraminni
Saints: M Dobbin I Villejo A Loughman S rioli D Gordon

Waratahs vs Palmerston
Goals - Waratahs: F Matthews 6 D Annable 4 K Bruce 3 G Puruntatameri 3 D McKenny 2 J Bury 2 G Ougton M Goodwin
Palmerston: A Williams 3 M perry 2 A reti 2 L Gale J Frank G Crawford S Croxford M Gartner B Berno
Best - Waratahs: D O'Sullivan D Annable A Hoban D Neal F Matthews
Palmerston: J Frank A Reti A Williams J Cockatoo S Croxford

Southern Districts vs Darwin
Goals - S'Districts: A Wedding 9 T Carrol 3 T Walker 2 J Rahilly S Rusca B AhMat G Atkins M McLean B McCasker
Darwin: K Betts 2 A Betts 2 W Baird A Russell R Fejo
Best - S'Districts: A Wedding G atkins M Rattley D Skipper T Fittock
Darwin: D Hayes C Stokes K Betts J Peris F Hazelbane

Nightcliff vs Wanderers
Goals - Nightcliff: M Carpio 4 A kelly 2 R Roberts 2 P Florence 2 S Carr G Chivers W Berto J Peckham R Issac
Wanderers: M Motlop 4 J Jeffery 2 J Roe S Thompson G Dundovic D Miskin
Best - Nightcliff: N Salter M Carpio P Florence B Moody R Roberts
Wanderers: M Motlop J Scrymgour J Jeffery G Dundovic S Gilbert

There's a few notable names that are back amongst all teams, alot of unknowns to !? I'd say more quality names still to come too....
Nightcliff.....who's who not one of em i've heard !

BIGANT said:
There's a few notable names that are back amongst all teams, alot of unknowns to !? I'd say more quality names still to come too....
Nightcliff.....who's who not one of em i've heard !

i think nightcliff have got a lot of new names that havn't played up here before. would have something to do with Mago not coaching there anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back