NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

fiddy said:
Southern Districts vs Darwin
Goals - S'Districts: A Wedding 9

Good to see Ash Wedding picking up where he left off from last season, right amongst the goals.

Heard a whisper ABC2 may televise ALL the Tiwi Bomber's games on Sat arvos. Don't quote me, just a rumour.

Can any of you of you tell me how Shaun Gilbert and Nook Mansell are going from the Wanderers

Also, is Tim Inkster following Majo to the Crocs? Saw him win a flag with the (SANFL) W-WT Eagles last weekend.

And is it true 4,500 people flocked to Marrara to watch the Tiwi v St Marys game? (Which was the first of a triple-header.)

Sebastian Balboa said:
Also, is Tim Inkster following Majo to the Crocs? Saw him win a flag with the (SANFL) W-WT Eagles last weekend.

And is it true 4,500 people flocked to Marrara to watch the Tiwi v St Marys game? (Which was the first of a triple-header.)

nah i don't think he is. the crowd was more like 2000 i think might of been more though!

BIGANT said:
There's a few notable names that are back amongst all teams, alot of unknowns to !? I'd say more quality names still to come too....
Nightcliff.....who's who not one of em i've heard !

Looks like Warren Berto is still playing at Nightcliffe. He was the only one I could pick. I think someone asked before, but if someone knew the ins and outs it would be much appreciated.. Cheers

Skut17 said:
Looks like Warren Berto is still playing at Nightcliffe. He was the only one I could pick. I think someone asked before, but if someone knew the ins and outs it would be much appreciated.. Cheers

the first round normally has alot of players that were at the clubs last year and wouldn't be very accurate with what players were playing.

fiddy said:
probably should of put this with the scores as well.

Best - Waratahs: D O'Sullivan D Annable A Hoban D Neal F Matthews
Palmerston: J Frank A Reti A Williams J Cockatoo S Croxford

Good to see Davey O"SUllivan was best on in the 1st game. Must fit and free of hamstring trouble. Can seriously play the boy.

Sebastian Balboa said:
Just checked the digital guide: ABC2 will be showing an NTFL match at 4pm on Saturday. Which game that is, I don't know but could be the Tiwi v St Marys game.

Upcoming game son ABC2 (I think there is a pattern going here)
October 21 Tiwi Islands vs St Marys
October 28 Tiwi Islands vs Darwin
November 4 Tiwi Islands vs Nightcliff

Districts must be going all out. Gedder Atdkins back playing, bill feeny, few more arrivals yet. Whats the limit on the check book?

You would hope that a lot of the guys who have been there the last few years toughing it out aren't pushed aside and forgotten.

Ed Deline said:
Districts must be going all out. Gedder Atdkins back playing, bill feeny, few more arrivals yet. Whats the limit on the check book?

You would hope that a lot of the guys who have been there the last few years toughing it out aren't pushed aside and forgotten.

Yes, that's the dilemma facing clubs with a new coach and new blood looking for success -- the prospect of resentment among those who did the hard yards. Hopefully Majo should be able to gell it all together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sebastian Balboa said:
Yes, that's the dilemma facing clubs with a new coach and new blood looking for success -- the prospect of resentment among those who did the hard yards. Hopefully Majo should be able to gell it all together.

most of the players that played last year are back at the club and doing well. the club has probably haded a few players aswell but the majority played there last year.

kdiddle said:
kain robins...winner of bendigo B&F to suit up for warratahs

2005 NCFL b&f james coatsworth to also suit up for the warratahs, also believe he made Queensland Rep side for state championships this year whilst playing with cairns saints

Sebastian Balboa said:
Yes, that's the dilemma facing clubs with a new coach and new blood looking for success -- the prospect of resentment among those who did the hard yards. Hopefully Majo should be able to gell it all together.[/quote]

Mag was the man quoted throughout his time at Nightcliff as saying that success was secondary to developing kids and teaching them how to play the game, some say this was an excuse due to the fact they went missing come finals time. Don't get me wrong played under him and he was great for me personally but success is everything up there and after the near misses the boy would be milking this opportunity to get his name on the cup. A lot of pressure on him to do this after all the innuendo about coin being thrown about.

Ed Deline said:
Mag was the man quoted throughout his time at Nightcliff as saying that success was secondary to developing kids and teaching them how to play the game, some say this was an excuse due to the fact they went missing come finals time. Don't get me wrong played under him and he was great for me personally but success is everything up there and after the near misses the boy would be milking this opportunity to get his name on the cup. A lot of pressure on him to do this after all the innuendo about coin being thrown about.
Yeh, he had a pretty lean run in the finals there with the Tigers. Lost a grannie a few prelims, semis. Couldn't take a trick there for a while.

How you reckon Gilly will go at the Buffs?

Sebastian Balboa said:
Yeh, he had a pretty lean run in the finals there with the Tigers. Lost a grannie a few prelims, semis. Couldn't take a trick there for a while.

How you reckon Gilly will go at the Buffs?
Just changing the subject for a moment....i wonder if our fellow posters in the territory might be able to 'cut & paste' all teams from the Darwin 'local' each friday would be good.It would stop all this ongoing inuendo from us 'southerners' each week about who's playing up there and who's not !? :D :D :D :rolleyes: ....

BIGANT said:
Just changing the subject for a moment....i wonder if our fellow posters in the territory might be able to 'cut & paste' all teams from the Darwin 'local' each friday would be good.It would stop all this ongoing inuendo from us 'southerners' each week about who's playing up there and who's not !? :D :D :D :rolleyes: ....

Yeh great idea mate anyone willing to do this for us?

BIGANT said:

yeah i will give it ago but they don't normally put each team anymore they put the squad in that played the week before. ill do what i can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back