NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

BIGANT said:
The name sounds familiar !?........where does he hail from.....
Ringa ding ding ! West Adelaide he plays for, unclear of what level seniors or reserves !? only 19 and was on Richmonds list previously.Is this a permanent move away from Westies or is he just up there to keep the fitness up.

BIGANT said:
Ringa ding ding ! West Adelaide he plays for, unclear of what level seniors or reserves !? only 19 and was on Richmonds list previously.Is this a permanent move away from Westies or is he just up there to keep the fitness up.

yeh he is up here for just the season only on a permet. should be a good inclusion though

they only put the squads in the paper today. so some of the teams have up to 30-35 players on it. not much help if you want to know who will be playing.

this weeks game
Tiwi vs Wanderers - shannon motlop playing again
St Marys vs Nightcliff
Darwin vs Waratahs
Sth Districts vs Palmerston

Results from Rd 2 Saturday

Tiwi 4.5 12.8 16.12 19.18 (132)
Darwin 1.2 1.6 4.10 9.13 (67)
Goals - Tiwi: W Pilakui 5 M Wilson 3 S Kerinauia 2 D Rioli 2 R Farmer A Whitlam F Puruntatameri T Simon R Pupangamirri F Daniels M Tipungwuti
Darwin: M Dhurrkay 5 M Burgoyne W Ramsay P Liddle D Chulung.

Best - Tiwi: W Rioli W Pilakui N Pangaraminni A Wonaeamirri F Daniels
Darwin: P Stokes J Peris C Sharples C Stokes M Dhurrkay

St Marys 3.4 8.7 10.9 14.10 (94)
Nightcliff 3.4 6.7 7.13 8.18 (66)
Goals - St Marys: O Henry 3 S Rioli 2 A Loughman 2 S Stanislaus 2 I Vallejo M Liddy V Dunn C Wilson J Cook
Nightcliff: N Farrell 2 J Wise 2 G Chivers M Derkson D Small R Roberts

Best - St Marys: L Stapleton O Henry R Hale M Dobbin S Rioli
Nightcliff: R Roberts N Farrell J Kickett M Gugliotta J Wise

Waratahs 3.4 7.7 8.8 11.10 (76)
Wanderers 4.1 5.5 6.8 10.16 (76)
Goals - Waratahs: G Puruntatameri 3 D Annable 3 B Rayson 2 J Calma-holt 2 A Hoban
Wanderers: S Motlop 2 M Motlop 2 D Miskin 2 G Dundevic ML Thompson J Jeffery J Burgoyne

Best - Waratahs: B Rayson G Puruntatameri P White D Annable T Tasman
Wanderers: M Motlop ML Thompson S Motlop N Mansell G Dundevic

fiddy said:
Results from Rd 2 Saturday

Tiwi 4.5 12.8 16.12 19.18 (132)
Darwin 1.2 1.6 4.10 9.13 (67)
Goals - Tiwi: W Pilakui 5 M Wilson 3 S Kerinauia 2 D Rioli 2 R Farmer A Whitlam F Puruntatameri T Simon R Pupangamirri F Daniels M Tipungwuti
Darwin: M Dhurrkay 5 M Burgoyne W Ramsay P Liddle D Chulung.

Best - Tiwi: W Rioli W Pilakui N Pangaraminni A Wonaeamirri F Daniels
Darwin: P Stokes J Peris C Sharples C Stokes M Dhurrkay

Eph Tipungwuti didn't play or was he well held?

fiddy said:
St Marys 3.4 8.7 10.9 14.10 (94)
Nightcliff 3.4 6.7 7.13 8.18 (66)
Goals - St Marys: O Henry 3 S Rioli 2 A Loughman 2 S Stanislaus 2 I Vallejo M Liddy V Dunn C Wilson J Cook
Nightcliff: N Farrell 2 J Wise 2 G Chivers M Derkson D Small R Roberts

Best - St Marys: L Stapleton O Henry R Hale M Dobbin S Rioli
Nightcliff: R Roberts N Farrell J Kickett M Gugliotta J Wise

Waratahs 3.4 7.7 8.8 11.10 (76)
Wanderers 4.1 5.5 6.8 10.16 (76)
Goals - Waratahs: G Puruntatameri 3 D Annable 3 B Rayson 2 J Calma-holt 2 A Hoban
Wanderers: S Motlop 2 M Motlop 2 D Miskin 2 G Dundevic ML Thompson J Jeffery J Burgoyne

Best - Waratahs: B Rayson G Puruntatameri P White D Annable T Tasman
Wanderers: M Motlop ML Thompson S Motlop N Mansell G Dundevic
How's that draw between the Tahs and the Eagles, eh?

Good work by the way, fiddy.

Sebastian Balboa said:
Eph Tipungwuti didn't play or was he well held?

yeah he didn't even touch the footy that much in the game. very quite game for his standards

hey fiddy, i absolutely love the work u are doing to keep us informed. it helps sooo much for us qlders, keep it up... by the way u hav a nice leap.

kind regards,
gavvy

Camma said:
hey fiddy, i absolutely love the work u are doing to keep us informed. it helps sooo much for us qlders, keep it up... by the way u hav a nice leap.

kind regards,
gavvy

thought u were from the NT Jethro?
Fittock cant jump anyway!
Nah jokes!

themagicfrog said:
My brother and his mate are comming up to play for the Magpies, could anyone give me some info on the club, eg. what they are like on and off field.
Thanks
Magic

The team is still in a rebuilding phase and is currently fielding a very young side (I heard the average is like 23). After last week and todays game (thrashings in both), its going to be a long season.

Coach: Darren Flanagan - Still making his mark on the club, and can really talk up a storm

Captain: James Park - I think its his second year with the club, hails from Vic (Heywood I think....)

Key Player: Jerry Frank - Years of NTFL experience, spirited, makes miracles happen on the field.

Palmerston are lacking a strong full forward (with jump and physical presence), and an experienced ruckman. They have already had 2 or 3 players out with injurys resulting from the first 2 games of the season.

Off the field Palmerston played their first home game today at their new oval, which wasnt too bad (the oval that is). As mentioned previously, the blokes have quite a few young ones in there, but all in all they are a pretty good bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bestyoucanget said:
The team is still in a rebuilding phase and is currently fielding a very young side (I heard the average is like 23). After last week and todays game (thrashings in both), its going to be a long season.

Coach: Darren Flanagan - Still making his mark on the club, and can really talk up a storm

Captain: James Park - I think its his second year with the club, hails from Vic (Heywood I think....)

Key Player: Jerry Frank - Years of NTFL experience, spirited, makes miracles happen on the field.

Palmerston are lacking a strong full forward (with jump and physical presence), and an experienced ruckman. They have already had 2 or 3 players out with injurys resulting from the first 2 games of the season.

Off the field Palmerston played their first home game today at their new oval, which wasnt too bad (the oval that is). As mentioned previously, the blokes have quite a few young ones in there, but all in all they are a pretty good bunch.

Thanks for that, My brother is Kane Goddard, normally plays on ball or up forward, his mate is Linton Congram I'm pretty sure he has been playing ruck.
Magic

I stumbled across the Tiwi-St Mary's game on ABC2 yesterday afternoon. (About 5 pm Melbourne time, I think).

What a treat! Very well called -- lots of information throughout the game about the players, coaches, etc.

The Tiwi Islanders were brilliant. I've suddenly become a HUGE fan of Ephram Tipungwuti (apologies if I haven't got that quite right). You'd look at him and say, "footy? No way", but he was as agile and quick crumbing, running, marking as anyone on the field. Even, um, burlier than Rioli, but had a lot more left at the end of the game. (Five goals in a howling wind -- not too shabby!)

Young David Kantilla (again, sp?) should have attracted some southern interest, too.

Anyhow, the ABC2 will be back on next week.

Any footy this time of year is a bonus, but this was about as entertaining as you'd ever want footy to be. Might have to move to Darwin.

Sandola said:
I stumbled across the Tiwi-St Mary's game on ABC2 yesterday afternoon. (About 5 pm Melbourne time, I think).

What a treat! Very well called -- lots of information throughout the game about the players, coaches, etc.

The Tiwi Islanders were brilliant. I've suddenly become a HUGE fan of Ephram Tipungwuti (apologies if I haven't got that quite right). You'd look at him and say, "footy? No way", but he was as agile and quick crumbing, running, marking as anyone on the field. Even, um, burlier than Rioli, but had a lot more left at the end of the game. (Five goals in a howling wind -- not too shabby!)

Young David Kantilla (again, sp?) should have attracted some southern interest, too.

Anyhow, the ABC2 will be back on next week.

Any footy this time of year is a bonus, but this was about as entertaining as you'd ever want footy to be. Might have to move to Darwin.

How about the commentator on Ephram: "You wouldn't think with those matchstick legs he'd be as agile as he is."

Should've seen him in last season's NTFL grand final (with his club Darwin Buffaloes). Uses his tank of a frame really well and is deceptive with his pace. Has a great footy brain too.

ABC2 are televising all the Tiwi Bombers' games (six to go) each Sat arvo, and by the looks of it a repeat on Sunday arvos too.

Thank God for Darwin footy (in the off-season)!

fiddy said:
yeh he is up here for just the season only on a permet. should be a good inclusion though

Fittock what is Archibalds Height and Weight?
How is Palmerstons Ruck and Midfield compared to Districts?

Sebastian Balboa said:
How about the commentator on Ephram: "You wouldn't think with those matchstick legs he'd be as agile as he is."

Should've seen him in last season's NTFL grand final (with his club Darwin Buffaloes). Uses his tank of a frame really well and is deceptive with his pace. Has a great footy brain too.

ABC2 are televising all the Tiwi Bombers' games (six to go) each Sat arvo, and by the looks of it a repeat on Sunday arvos too.

Thank God for Darwin footy (in the off-season)!

Any info on the district League. Have a brother by the name of Tim Beacham playing for Tracy Village. Just wondering how he went. He is also the new Football Operations Manager of the NTFL.

It certainly was enjoyable watching the Tiwi - St Marys game last night, a player that i had'nt seen in previous years w the 'green machine' was Loughman ! Is this his first year up there & where did they pick him up from...he can go a bit by the looks of it.
Secondly as reportedly earlier on here has either Justin Clarke arrived yet...& who is he suiting up for !? and the other supposedly player returning Luke O'Toole has he arrived yet.

BIGANT said:
a player that i had'nt seen in previous years w the 'green machine' was Loughman ! Is this his first year up there & where did they pick him up from...he can go a bit by the looks of it.
and the other supposedly player returning Luke O'Toole has he arrived yet.

Loughman moved over from wanderers after last year. yes luke O'Toole but not 100% sure who he is playing for yet.

Kanaka22 said:
Fittock what is Archibalds Height and Weight?
How is Palmerstons Ruck and Midfield compared to Districts?

he is about 6'3 and prolly around the 85-90 kgs.
niether team really has a permient ruckman but our midfield would be some what better i would think.

Yesterdays game results

Sth Districts 6.2 10.4 16.6 19.9 (123)
Palmerston 1.0 2.3 5.7 7.8 (50)

Goals - Sth Districts: A Wedding 6 M Rattley 3 K Archibald 2 B Feeney 2 J Rahilly 2 T Carrol D Keelan B AhMat P Fittock
Palmerston: B Berno 2 P Heenan J Park S Croxford A Williams M Perry

Best - Sth Districts: S Rusca M Cannard K Archibald A Wedding T Carrol
Palmerston: B Cardow J Cockatoo J Frank P Heenan A Reti

fiddy said:
Yesterdays game results

Sth Districts 6.2 10.4 16.6 19.9 (123)
Palmerston 1.0 2.3 5.7 7.8 (50)

Goals - Sth Districts: A Wedding 6 M Rattley 3 K Archibald 2 B Feeney 2 J Rahilly 2 T Carrol D Keelan B AhMat P Fittock
Palmerston: B Berno 2 P Heenan J Park S Croxford A Williams M Perry

Best - Sth Districts: S Rusca M Cannard K Archibald A Wedding T Carrol
Palmerston: B Cardow J Cockatoo J Frank P Heenan A Reti

J Rahilly !?!?......Thats not the James Rahilly that played for the cats a few season's ago is it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back