NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

Mago may be a good coach but his teams seem to let him down at the business end of the season.

I once was told that the success of a coach depended on his management of the 3 player stack. Any coach can get some kind of performance from the superstars (1st in the stack), Most coaches can get something from the consistants (2nd in the stack), but the best coaches are the ones who get performances from the inconsistants (you know, the ones who sway between a's and b's - being the third stack). While performance in finals is important, and Mago hasnt been able to wrap the big one up just yet, on a week to week basis he gets the 3rd stack players to perform..... In comparison, Mago has more experience and coaching know how then Flanagan has in his little finger.

The Tahs and Crocs games were the ones I was thinking the Tiwis could lose. The Palmerston game result was a surprise, could have gone to the Magpies.

Should be a good game between Tiwi and the Crocs in January for the mid-season 'grand final'.

bestyoucanget said:
Darren Flanagan from Palmerston Magpies CANNOT and WILLNOT ever have the title of #1 NTFL coach while Mago McLean is still in the game.

bestyoucanget said:
Mago has more experience and coaching know how then Flanagan has in his little finger.

That's quite a few serves on Flanagan there, bloke. What gives?

His name is Saul Caddy. I think he is about 27-28 yrs old. About 6'2 and 100 kgs. Is super quick and very aggessive. Would be one of the top 3 CHF's in Metro Melbourne. Spent some time at Richmond and the Western Bulldogs. Takes an awesome grab on the lead, exceptional hands overhead.

Not a quick player in Darwin footy. Struggled today in his first game but probably a lot different conditions to what he would be used to playing.

I once was told that the success of a coach depended on his management of the 3 player stack. Any coach can get some kind of performance from the superstars (1st in the stack), Most coaches can get something from the consistants (2nd in the stack), but the best coaches are the ones who get performances from the inconsistants (you know, the ones who sway between a's and b's - being the third stack). While performance in finals is important, and Mago hasnt been able to wrap the big one up just yet, on a week to week basis he gets the 3rd stack players to perform..... In comparison, Mago has more experience and coaching know how then Flanagan has in his little finger.[/quote]

I was once told that performance in finals is everything, stop contradicting yourself. And i think you'd find Flanno wouldn't put himself up beside Mago anyway, so ease up.

results rd 7

Districts 5.3 12.6 18.8 23.9 (147)
Tiwi 4.1 8.4 11.6 16.12 (108)

Darwin 7.2 10.5 12.9 14.9 (93)
Wanderers 2.1 5.2 6.3 9.7 (61)

Palmerston 4.4 8.6 11.9 13.12 (90)
St Marys 2.1 4.4 7.5 10.6 (66)

Waratahs 4.3 9.5 13.6 17.9 (111)
Nightcliff 0.4 4.10 5.11 7.11 (53)

Anyone tell us if Mark "meggsy'' Duscher and Joshy "long prong" Longeri rocked up in the north yet? Know there is a lot of pubs between here and there so they may have had some detours!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me how a guy by the name of Matt Cannard is travelling up there. This is his second season with Districts and has been on the go back and forth during the Cairns season playing with South Cairns. Heard that he goes pretty well and is very focused with his committment.

Can anyone tell me how a guy by the name of Matt Cannard is travelling up there. This is his second season with Districts and has been on the go back and forth during the Cairns season playing with South Cairns. Heard that he goes pretty well and is very focused with his committment.

he is doing really well, loves the hard ball and has been one of the best for districts so far. is vice captain this year. he won the clubs B%F last year and has continued his good form.

he is doing really well, loves the hard ball and has been one of the best for districts so far. is vice captain this year. he won the clubs B%F last year and has continued his good form.

Not bad going for a player in his second year at a club to be rewarded with a vice captainacy, have heard good reports about him. Apparently played previously in the Bendigo League. Does he travel after NT season? or does he stay put

Not bad going for a player in his second year at a club to be rewarded with a vice captainacy, have heard good reports about him. Apparently played previously in the Bendigo League. Does he travel after NT season? or does he stay put

is having a baby soon so he will be staying put for a couple of years and then he will be doing some travelling!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone out there know of a bloke by the name of Simon Croxford. I'm pretty sure he is playing up there. Who is he playing for and how is he going? He works for the Army in Darwin. He is a good mate of mine from Melbourne.

Does anyone out there know of a bloke by the name of Simon Croxford. I'm pretty sure he is playing up there. Who is he playing for and how is he going? He works for the Army in Darwin. He is a good mate of mine from Melbourne.[/quote]

If he is your good mate ring him and ask him champ. I reckon half the blokes who get on here asking about ''my cousin this'' and ''my mate that'' are actually the people themselves looking to get their tyres pumped up. If you aren't, get on the phone and ask these cats yourselves!

I want to here about whats going on in the camps, such as Wanderers getting rolled by Buffs, and Corey Kurnoths tanty the other week.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how Andrew Loughman is going this year. I think he plays for St Marys. ta

Does anyone out there know of a bloke by the name of Simon Croxford. I'm pretty sure he is playing up there. Who is he playing for and how is he going? He works for the Army in Darwin. He is a good mate of mine from Melbourne.[/quote]

If he is your good mate ring him and ask him champ. I reckon half the blokes who get on here asking about ''my cousin this'' and ''my mate that'' are actually the people themselves looking to get their tyres pumped up. If you aren't, get on the phone and ask these cats yourselves!

I want to here about whats going on in the camps, such as Wanderers getting rolled by Buffs, and Corey Kurnoths tanty the other week.

Geez mate... I was just asking a question! You may be right about some blokes but believe me it was a genuie question. I am not him.

He is usually pretty modest about how he is going so I was just looking for an independent opinion.

Didn't mean to upset you!

Same question with Colin Wilson !? i have'nt seen his name mentioned of late in bp's & goalkickers !? Is it just form or injuries....

Missed one game a couple of weeks ago but back playing now didnt see the game last week.

Has been playing OK with Saints in a team thats been struggling.

They get a few Tiwi boys back this week which should improve the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back