NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

That's quite a few serves on Flanagan there, bloke. What gives?

Not so much as serving it up at Flanagan than insulted by the NT news article. To say that Flanagan is the #1 coach in the NTFL is ridiculous while there are still blokes like McLean and Motlop about.

Not so much as serving it up at Flanagan than insulted by the NT news article. To say that Flanagan is the #1 coach in the NTFL is ridiculous while there are still blokes like McLean and Motlop about.

If all this has come over an article in the pointless NT News it doesn't suprise me. Not Flannos fault. Blame those clowns that cover footy up there. Grey Morris has absolutely no idea about the game and he should be dragged over used syringes for his hopeless coverage, the laughable match reviews and the better players he continues to serve up over the years. Does anyone actually see him at the footy?????? I hope he isn't because if is at the same game as the rest of us i don't know what he is looking at.

Take a bit of pride in the coverage of the game up there and give it its due reward NT News and Journos:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

If all this has come over an article in the pointless NT News it doesn't suprise me. Not Flannos fault. Blame those clowns that cover footy up there. Grey Morris has absolutely no idea about the game and he should be dragged over used syringes for his hopeless coverage, the laughable match reviews and the better players he continues to serve up over the years. Does anyone actually see him at the footy?????? I hope he isn't because if is at the same game as the rest of us i don't know what he is looking at.

Take a bit of pride in the coverage of the game up there and give it its due reward NT News and Journos:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

That's quite a few serves on Morris there, bloke. What gives?

That's quite a few serves on Morris there, bloke. What gives?[/quote]

He and they need to lift their game. Sit beside someone who knows the game and and write about what really happens out there. Give the game those who deserve the credit out on the paddock their due reward, instead of just name dropping and dribbling.

He and they need to lift their game. Sit beside someone who knows the game and and write about what really happens out there. Give the game those who deserve the credit out on the paddock their due reward, instead of just name dropping and dribbling.

I was being faecitious (spelling?), Ed.

To be fair, I think Morris does an Ok job, maybe game coverage is not his strong point but his coverage of the game in other departments goes alright.

I was being faecitious (spelling?), Ed.

To be fair, I think Morris does an Ok job, maybe game coverage is not his strong point but his coverage of the game in other departments goes alright.

Sorry Seabas, hard to pick up tone of voice off a screen:thumbsu: . His coverage of games is shocking, he has been caught out numerous times writing about how super guys were in games they didn't even play in!!! Just a name dropper, and i'm not sure about his football background but you would expect someone in his position would have a general knowledge about the way a game pans out and who the real contributors are. Annoys me my friend and i'm not even up there anymore.

Sorry Seabas, hard to pick up tone of voice off a screen:thumbsu: . His coverage of games is shocking, he has been caught out numerous times writing about how super guys were in games they didn't even play in!!! Just a name dropper, and i'm not sure about his football background but you would expect someone in his position would have a general knowledge about the way a game pans out and who the real contributors are. Annoys me my friend and i'm not even up there anymore.
You seem to know a fair bit about what's going on up there mate. Not a bad effort when you live in Victoria.

wanderers beat waratahs by 4 points!
105 to 101

nightcliff lost to st marys by about 40 points

Wow, there's a turn up for the books, both games. What were the crowds like at TIO, fiddy (post-Tiwi Bombers)?

About a 1/2 to 1/3 of what had been there for the Tiwi games but there's no actual numbers in the media today.......all it says was a depressingly small crowd which was certainly the case.

The first game slowly built up to a classic with the lead changing 4 times during the last quarter after Wanderers had been in front all day.

Whilst the second game was more like a training run for St Mary's with plenty of circle work for both sides and the majority of Tiger players falling back into their old habits of wanting someone else to do the hard stuff.

You seem to know a fair bit about what's going on up there mate. Not a bad effort when you live in Victoria.

Played up there the last 6 seasons FD17, but had enough of back to back seasons. Have a soft spot for the comp, but not the way it's run and promoted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where we can get the results for the NTFL?
Net site is not a goer!

The net site is working fine for me - http://ntfl.aflnt.com.au/?s=results - you may just need to click on the fixture link first as it could be defaulting to the next round.

WANDERERS 16.9-105
WARATAH 15.11-101

ST MARYS 14.10-94
NIGHTCLIFF 5.12-42

SOUTHERN DISTRICTS 8.18-66
PALMERSTON MAGPIES 5.6-36

DARWIN - Bye

Just thought id do a mid-season report on the NTFL seein that it has hit the half way point of the competition!

Ladder as of tonight!

1.Sth Districts 8W 1L 32 Points
Should win the minor premiership comfortabley after a great start to the season so far. But the only concerns i have is if the Crocs have peaked too early? Starting to jell nicely and should be in a Grand Final with the class of Ah Mat,White,Wedding,McLean,Cannard,Archibald and thier young brigade of juniors. 'Mago' McLean is a legend turning a team of easy beats to a real flag hopeful in a matter of 6 months.

2. Waratahs 6W 2L 1D 26 Points
Before the season started there was a lot of interest in who the Warriors would get fromVictoria to play with them this season. The answer was alot! They've picked and got back at least 15 players from last season to help them this season. I'll mention a couple who have really caught my eye so far, Brad Rayson from the VFL, Chris Atkins, David Annable, Seirakowski,Shannon Millward and Kain Robins have really shone so far and look to improve along the way. Should be them or Wanderers for the 2nd chance and would help if Papangrimini and Ullungurra do play the rest of the season after thier stint with thier Island.

3. Wanderers 4W 4L 1D 18 Points
Myself and alot of others predicted the Eagles to have a pretty misrable season before a ball had even been bounced. But i've got to take my hat off to the Eagles as they have again proved all of us wrong. They have won when they had no hope and the have lost when they should have won easily, But with Simon Munkara,Emphrem Tipugwuti and Relton Roberts arriving last week the Eagles look the real deal and will cause teams alot of headaches with the flair and toughness they've got in thier ranks. The big key in the Eagles favour is the form of young giant Ruckman Brad Stephenson who regurly gives the likes of Burgoyne, Karpany, Calma, Simon first use of the ball from he's great tap work. Will be in a battle with Waratahs for 2nd spot.

4. Nightcliff 4W 5L 16 Points
Well what can i say here! Not alot of expectations put on the Tigers who are rebuilding after the McLean era. New coach, New team and it will take them a year to blend in and get to know each other alot better than thier doing know. Still have the like of Bonson.Campbell,Peris,Bailey there to lead the side and with the Burunga boys starting to mature could prove me and others wrong. Will be in a battle with St Marys for 4th spot, Should be interesting.

5. Palmerston 2W 7L 8 Points
The Magpies have improved in the last couple of weeks after a good win against St Marys and 2 close looses to Tiwi and Sth Districts. Wont make the finals but could prove me wrong with the like of Imbi,Frank,Masters and Berts all trying hard so far.

6 St Marys 2W 6L 8 Points
The Saints will diffently be a chance for the flag after a slow start to the season. With the Tiwi boys back in the Green and Gold showcasing thier flair and skill the Saints will be an exciting prospect during the latter part of the season. Macfarlane and Smith form a great ruck duo and the Vallejo's in defence should get them into the finals.

7. Darwin 1W 8L 4 Points
Nothing to say here! Lucky to get a win on the board against a woeful Eagles outfit. Rebuilding time here!

Well thats my view on the season so far! Look forward to your comments!:D :cool:

sth districts (147)
darwin (39)

wanderers (102)
nightcliff (90)

waratahs (93)
palmerston (54)

I see O'toole has been in good touch since he's arrived up there...where has Majo' been playing him !?
Colin Wilson has'nt been amongst the best for St Mary's this year to date...Is there any reason to that, or he's just had a low start to the season !?

I see O'toole has been in good touch since he's arrived up there...where has Majo' been playing him !?
Colin Wilson has'nt been amongst the best for St Mary's this year to date...Is there any reason to that, or he's just had a low start to the season !?

he has been playing in the backline so far. pushed up and played a lil in the forward last weekend!

ROUND 10 RESULTS

WANDERERS 21.8.134
PALMERSTON 11.5.71

WAND: Thorne 5, S.Motlop, Stephensen 3, Karpany, Marika 2, Thompson, Munkara, Mansell, Dundevic, Beaumont, McCarty
PALM: Ewing 4, Berno 3, Williams, Wilson, Hannah, Tomlinson

DARWIN 4.4.28
WARATAHS 20.18.138

DAR: Hayes, Yarran, Stokes, Hayes
TAHS: G.Puruntatameri 7, Atkins 3, Bruce, Annable 2, Matthews, O'Sullivan, May, Rayson, Mules, Coatsworth

SOUTHERN DISTRICTS 12.11.83
ST. MARYS 14.11.95

S.DIS: Wedding 5, Walker 2, Feeney, McLean, Whitehurst, Cannard, Bolton
ST.M: Gardiner, Wilson, MacFarlane, R.Kantilla 2, Hale, Vallejo, Flesfader, Rioli, Farmer, Priest

BYE: Nightcliff

LADDER
1 SOUTHERN DISTRICTS 10 8 2 0 0 0 1121 556 201.62 32
2 WARATAH 10 7 2 1 0 0 1052 683 154.03 30
3 WANDERERS 10 5 4 1 0 0 927 964 96.16 22
4 NIGHTCLIFF 9 4 5 0 1 0 748 782 95.65 16
---------------------------------------------------------------
5 ST MARYS 9 3 6 0 1 0 493 726 67.91 12
6 PALMERSTON MAGPIES 10 2 8 0 0 0 724 974 74.33 8
7 DARWIN 9 1 8 0 1 0 502 1078 46.57 4

You hit that nail on the head with that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back