NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news. Condolences to the young fellas family.

0,1658,5380552,00.jpg

Footy champ loses fight for life
By NIGEL ADLAM
6 Feb 2007

http://ntnews.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,21178020%5E13569,00.html

ONE of the Territory's brightest young footballers has died of cancer at the age of 19.

Mark McCasker had hoped he would recover to play for Southern Districts in the NTFL again.

"It wasn't to be,'' his father and club president Ray said last night.

"I would have done anything to save him.''

Mr McCasker, who owns the Virginia Tavern, on the outskirts of Darwin, said a doctor had predicted Mark would survive and be ready for pre-season training.

"We really thought he would get well.''

Mark was diagnosed with cancer during the June long weekend last year. He died at a Melbourne private hospital on Sunday night.

Mark, who lived in the Territory from the age of three, captained the NT primary school side and went on to join the NT Institute of Sport.

"Many kids love football, but he was mad about it,'' Mr McCasker said.

"Whenever we drove anywhere, the first thing he would throw in the car was a footy.''

The Territory's youth Australian rules football coach Damian Hale said: "This is a terrible tragedy. He comes from an outstanding Territory family -- his mum and dad are rippers. They were willing to spend every cent they had to get him well.''

One of Mark's mates, Tom Fiddock, flew to Melbourne to be with him when he died.

Mark will be buried near his birthplace on Phillip Island on Friday.

Absolute trajedy. Hearts go out to the family and the whole NT footy community. Blokes shouldn't go so early

Can anyone who watched or has knowledge of the Tiwi Bombers please tell me how Mark Lee-Thompson, Sylverius Tipungwuti and Angelo Orsto can play. I heard Lee-Thompson is a freak and was invited to train at Sydney. Any info on all three would be great.

Can anyone who watched or has knowledge of the Tiwi Bombers please tell me how Mark Lee-Thompson, Sylverius Tipungwuti and Angelo Orsto can play. I heard Lee-Thompson is a freak and was invited to train at Sydney. Any info on all three would be great.

just got a question about the Tiwi Bombers to add to this are they playing again this year? I loved watching there games and why are they not playing the full season?:confused:

just got a question about the Tiwi Bombers to add to this are they playing again this year? I loved watching there games and why are they not playing the full season?:confused:

Will not be playing again this year.

A number of their players are tied to current clubs.

Not that I see it happening but I have heard a few people wanting to know why some other strong community areas in the Top End haven't also been given the same opportunity as the Tiwis have.

The biggest test will be how the local clubs handle things as most of them would lose players to new 'community based' clubs.

AFLNT currently conducting a survey on clubs opinions on admitting the Tiwi Bombers.

I would say AFLNT would want them in but the clubs wont.

do you think some clubs would struggle for numbers if they joined and I beleive they were formed due to Dean Rioli influence. I am not sure but I believe Essendon must of helped out in some way (Re: jumbers)

do you think some clubs would struggle for numbers if they joined and I beleive they were formed due to Dean Rioli influence. I am not sure but I believe Essendon must of helped out in some way (Re: jumbers)

Some of the clubs are struggling at the moment for numbers. Both Palmerston and Darwin forfeited reserve grade games last weekend.

Essendon provided jumpers for the Tiwi Bombers and they also received some sponsorship from the NT government I think.

Any player interested in moving to Merimbula in the south coast of new south wales. the beaches are lovely in Merimbula and a very quite and relaxing town that is very peaceful. send PM if interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ash wedding has 104 goals at the end of the season!!

Massive effort for a bloke who played back pocket/half back flank in the for Kerang in the CMFL. Why wouldnt they play him in front of the big sticks down here???
Well they must have had a better option then Wedding there.....:confused: Did they or did'nt they, ridiculous really when he's been a plentiful goalkicker for districts over the past two seasons !? what was his reasons last year for leaving West Adelaide early in the SANFL season....does anyone know.

Well they must have had a better option then Wedding there.....:confused: Did they or did'nt they, ridiculous really when he's been a plentiful goalkicker for districts over the past two seasons !? what was his reasons last year for leaving West Adelaide early in the SANFL season....does anyone know.

Couldnt cope with the training demands at Westies!

Couldnt cope with the training demands at Westies!
How do Kerang handle him over the years, you wouldv expect he's on good coin, was is he a good trainer there !? same with him at Districts, knowing how much a disaplinerian (spelling) Mclean is.Whats he like on the track there.

How do Kerang handle him over the years, you wouldv expect he's on good coin, was is he a good trainer there !? same with him at Districts, knowing how much a disaplinerian (spelling) Mclean is.Whats he like on the track there.

yeh doesnt miss many trainin sessions at all! if hes not trainin hes there doing something!

I wouldn't have thought that there was anyone in Kerandgs line up that would have been a better option in the goal square. Was a bit strange, having said that he did play good footy down back

I wouldn't have thought that there was anyone in Kerandgs line up that would have been a better option in the goal square. Was a bit strange, having said that he did play good footy down back
Actually having looked in the CMFL where Kerang is, they did have a couple of guns in there fwd line, both of them kicked welll over 100 goals each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back