Number 33 - Ben Bucovaz (pick 56 2008 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, he's a great player, a legend of the GFC and I believe has won at least one Player MVP award.

But being respected and liked are two different things, and I for one don't believe that he'd be readily accepted outside the environs of Geelong

evidence?

Unfortunately I think the "I for one" is the only realistic bit there; 18 clubs would welcome him, and beat the door down trying to get him.

But i am curious, do you think he is not liked or not respected, because every aspect of his game looks like he is both liked and respected by his team-mates, and other coaches strategies indicate a fair amount of respect. And I couldn't really give a stuff if he is liked or not. Heaps of footballers are not liked. In fact, the less Scarlett for example, is liked (outside of the club), the better. Ablett Snr wasn't liked much either and team-mates would fear the bible bashing they would get if they had to room with him on interstate games.

evidence?

Purely anecdotal - a former work colleague who's a GFC member and who has not missed a home game at Kardinya in the last 11 years (at least). And almost identical feedback from a Geelong mate from Ballarat.

As you say, there are other players such as Scarlett who are not liked outside their team. It's my opinion that they run the risk of having made a rod for their backs when they contemplate moving clubs.

As concrete evidence I offer up the "No D***heads" policy instituted by the Swans.

Bucovaz to be Rookie listed, another chance for him . We must see something in him that we like, coming off 2 injury intrerupted years, but lets just hope he can get his body right coz when he was injury free he was pretty close to a debut last year. Did anyone see any of his games for East last year?

Bucovaz to be Rookie listed, another chance for him . We must see something in him that we like, coming off 2 injury intrerupted years, but lets just hope he can get his body right coz when he was injury free he was pretty close to a debut last year. Did anyone see any of his games for East last year?

Have Adelaide said they'll pick him up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back