Number 33 - Ben Bucovaz (pick 56 2008 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very promising effort from the BB Gun as he will be affectionately known as for the rest of his freo days. Hope him and sibo both get the call up to league and its not inconceivable that he may get a game for freo sometime this year if he continues to impress, as he is on the main list.

Go BB. I'm really hoping he can play a few games this year as he looks very much a likely type. We could blood as many as 8 of our young guns this year which is a really exciting prospect.

BOG on the weekend, should move up into the senior side as early as next week hopefully

I think DockerA may have meant a call up to the Claremont League side :)

Can't wait to see the guy play, Looks like a good pick up by all accounts and we are certainly light on in the KPP department.

Yeah sorry should have been more clear, I meant the Claremont league side. Hopefully by years end we'll see him in purple but

Has anyone actually seen him in action? I'm curious what position he's playing, and size-wise will he ever be a key positon player or more of a flanker?

Just remember - whatever Buca becomes (and I think it will be a solid AFL player BTW), he was the "steak knives" in the Warnock trade... :thumbsu: :D :thumbsu:

Warnock + pick 69 (Rhys O'Keefe) for Pick 24 (Suban) + Pick 56 (Bucovaz) + Pick 72 (Ruffles).

:thumbsu:

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/80326/default.aspx

Ben Bucovaz (reserves)
Ben's been used both onball and forward so far, but this week he played exclusively forward. That's where he was recruited to play and it seemed to help him – he played an improved game. He led with more purpose and played smarter. His team was convincingly beaten and he had a few challenges, but he acquitted himself reasonably well. He's very close to playing league for Claremont, either this week or next week.

Very good to hear!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just skip the league side and play him at FF before the end of the year?
We've run out of options if Murphy getting 3 bites of the cherry is any indication...

Has anyone heard how young Bucovaz is coming along after his injury interupted year?
It seems as if he is a forgotton recruit as due to the sucesses of a number of other younger players last season. Am hoping his body allows him to show his talents this year.

Concerns me that he came to the club with a groin injury that he had picked up some months earlier. So, that's what, at least 18 months and it's still hasn't healed?

Hopefully he'll overcome it, but I also hope that he's fully focussed on his rehab programme as we don't want a Jesse Smith situation.

Concerns me that he came to the club with a groin injury that he had picked up some months earlier. So, that's what, at least 18 months and it's still hasn't healed?

Hopefully he'll overcome it, but I also hope that he's fully focussed on his rehab programme as we don't want a Jesse Smith situation.

But we would love another MacPharlin or a Judd or the right kind of Selwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back