Number 41 - Paul Duffield

Remove this Banner Ad

fre_duffield_gallery__470x334.jpg

One of the great things about the overseas internet footy subscription thingy I have is that I can watch last year's replays as I please. One of the most pleasing things about all of the games I've watched is the performance of the Duffman. Knows exactly where to find the ball, gets it, runs up the guts and executes some absolutely immaculate foot passes to the half forwards and forwards. He has to play every game this year and barring injury or a brain explosion from the selectors, he will finish top five in the Doig. Bookmark it.

Good call BigKev, reckon you're onto something there. Duffy's finish to the year was very, very impressive, if he can carry on with that form he'll be a very good player.

Loved his season to date.
Should be in the running for the B&F.

What's Duffman up to? This was a guy that I'd pretty much never heard of, yet when I saw Freo on the TV last year he seemed to have taken "best player in the universe" pills and was getting 30+ touches from half back.

Was that a fluke, or is this guy a real superstar that nobody (in Vic) has heard of? Have no heard boo about him in 6 months.

He'd been on our list for a few years but only shown glimpses. Harvey gave him a chance early in the year, Duff dropped his head in a game and got dropped. Came back and absolutely tore it up, now one of our best players and in our leadership group.

He looks to have kept his 2009 form so far this pre-season, if he keeps it up or maybe even improves I could see him making AA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back