Nuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love all kinds of nuts. If I have to put some fat in my body, may as well make it good fat.

Peanuts, Cashews, Pistachios, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Almonds

Problem is getting ripped off buying small quanitites at supermarkets when unable to get to the market.

What do people like and where do you buy them?

Pecans and cashews

I get them from the market in Oakleigh. Pecans for around $23/kg compared to $30/kg for the packaged ones from the supermarkets. Can also get vanilla beans for $3 each:cool:

Cashews, Macadamias and peanuts.

A supplier at our work also has started growing and selling nuts so we get them dirt cheap off him.

Peanuts generally, which is why occasionally browse the main AFL board. They go well with a few beers too.

Cashews are just TOO addictive, as are almonds.

Chucking some crushed peanuts into a satay always goes OK though, as long as you chuck them in before you eat them all.

Pistachios for mine - an uncle in the USA once brought a huge bag of Californian Pistashios to an ever so greatful nephew (not sure whether he could bring them into the country again though).

Speaking of these fine nuts (pistashios that is) a local deli here produced the finest snack i have had in ages - blocks of milk chocolate, Pistashio Nougat.

I love nuts. Umm. Perhaps I should rephrase that.

I like cashews in Chinese stirfries (made a nice one the other night), all nuts by themselves, nuts mixed with seeds and dried fruit as a snack ... it's all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back