Offseason illicit drug tests - now with new thread title

Remove this Banner Ad

Give the flag to the team who hasn't had one player test positive in the last 18 months.

Had a player couple years back tell me how he dropped 5kgs in the off season while away on holidays and was pretty happy about it, If he was just on the piss for holidays he would have come back 5kgs heavier and probably been smashed by his club for being unprofessional.

What about that gag order years back when the drug results blew down the footpath . We all know the club . Soft as a feather the AFL . I hate drugs would rather have zero tolerance . Send the right message Ban the players
Its a mental health pandemic DRUGS . Only morons use them

Haha wake up and get in the real world.

Haha wake up and get in the real world.
In my bus charter business i wouldnt have an employee who takes drugs . Thats real . Rio Tinto where I used to work test regularly . Zero tolerance .

Phil Walsh . Killed by a druggie . Port player jumps off a roof in America died. Chad Fletcher nearly died in america . How much depression in ex Hawks players . Hay Chick the ruckman that left and went to Norf. Cousins kerr ablett snr .

Last edited:
In my bus charter business i wouldnt have an employee who takes drugs . Thats real . Rio Tinto where I used to work test regularly . Zero tolerance .

Phil Walsh . Killed by a druggie . Port player jumps off a roof in America died. Chad Fletcher nearly died in america . How much depression in ex Hawks players . Hay Chick the ruckman that left and went to Norf. Cousins kerr ablett snr .

Dude calm down. They're football players on holidays.

Don't really get the whole music around this. It happens in society so of course it happens in football. Personally I reckon they should just scrap the testing for the illicit substances although the clubs could continue the educational programs if they so wish.

Don't really get the whole music around this. It happens in society so of course it happens in football. Personally I reckon they should just scrap the testing for the illicit substances although the clubs could continue the educational programs if they so wish.

The AFL neatly created a rope to hang themselves with in this illicit drugs policy. We'll test but do nothing about it........one thing I learnt in management is don't ask questions if you are not prepared to act on the answers.

Btw, nicely timed leak at the start of the season so that all the media get a subject to fill their newspapers, TV and radio shows with.

I've got many a story of current players and what they get up to at certain clubs in Melbourne, NSW and QLD that a few of my mates manage. Stories about players getting ejected after misbehaving on the gear, etc, etc.

It's quite sad actually to see because these blokes are supposed to be role models for the kids who look up to them.

Surprises me that so many have got done in this manner. Surely the majority of players would've worked out how to do some lines in the off-season discretely, otherwise surely there would be a ton of players with 3 strikes by now?

When you are looking after your drug affected kids kids and suffer from the crimes that spin off it has nothing to do with morals . You will wake up to the crap world drugs are
Alcohol abuse is also awful. Even the over consumption of sugar kills millions of people. That's not reason enough to ban things.

If the system was sane we would decriminalize all drug use, and fully regulate and legalize most drug use. And the money saved on the failed war on drugs would be spent treating drug abuse as a health issue, not a criminal issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprises me that so many have got done in this manner. Surely the majority of players would've worked out how to do some lines in the off-season discretely, otherwise surely there would be a ton of players with 3 strikes by now?
No... Offseason doesn't count towards the 3 strikes. Add to that it is supposed to be confidential, why would they care.
They got nothing to be afraid of. They only have to worry that nothing finds their way to Instagram.

I really couldn't give a stuff if players take illicit drugs providing it doesn't affect their performance on the field and they don't end up with massive addiction problems like Ben Cousins.

It's naïve to think you can stop all AFL players from indulging in it, that's never going to happen.

Time for slobbos nocturnal activities to come under scrutiny.

Photograph and shame him.

It will probably just be photos of Robbo doing a late night Maccas or KFC run, not that incriminating unless he's drink driving.

This is the new hair testing - substances taken weeks earlier show up in these tests which don't in urine tests. Players have gotten used to off season meaning no consequences.

I agree every club would have some.
It is delicious to watch Ed squirm. Watch the PR king water this down bit by bit, day by day to reverse any damage.
I don't know why he's worried though 75% of the Collingwood faithful are on drugs.

And proud of it ;)

Alcohol abuse is also awful. Even the over consumption of sugar kills millions of people. That's not reason enough to ban things.

If the system was sane we would decriminalize all drug use, and fully regulate and legalize most drug use. And the money saved on the failed war on drugs would be spent treating drug abuse as a health issue, not a criminal issue.

You running in the next election or are your opinions just that, opinions which have no substance? Because if you aren't prepared or any of those who believe that aren't prepared to run, keep pushing your pointless opinion!

I really couldn't give a stuff if players take illicit drugs providing it doesn't affect their performance on the field and they don't end up with massive addiction problems like Ben Cousins.

It's naïve to think you can stop all AFL players from indulging in it, that's never going to happen.

It will probably just be photos of Robbo doing a late night Mackers or KFC run, not that incriminating unless he's drink driving.

You don't give a stuff but the AFL want to protect the image of the game so they can negotiate billion dollar deals, which means the players can earn on average $300k per annum. Without that image it could cost them income, what do you think the players thoughts would be if they lost a $100k or two because of the image they are creating?

You running in the next election or are your opinions just that, opinions which have no substance? Because if you aren't prepared or any of those who believe that aren't prepared to run, keep pushing your pointless opinion!
You do realise we don't vote for laws at election time right?

Really, you do realise the controlling government implements laws, or did you think they magically appear by little green men and they become law that we all agree is the right way to go?
Yes I do, your argument seems to be drugs are against the law because we voted for the government though.
The only other thing you tend to say is go run for office because apparently discussing issues on a forum shouldn't be done.

Yes I do, your argument seems to be drugs are against the law because we voted for the government though.
The only other thing you tend to say is go run for office because apparently discussing issues on a forum shouldn't be done.

They can be discussed no problems but the fact is the majority of people in Australua are comfortable with them being illegal for obvious reasons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back