What the heck? Oh Wayne ... snortle

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember hearing that when Jimmy Bartel won his award for campaigning against domestic violence, it was Wayne Carey who presented him with the award. If true that's about as tone deaf as it gets.
I don't think so - he received the Jim Stynes award and that's presented by Jim's kids/wife

I don't think so - he received the Jim Stynes award and that's presented by Jim's kids/wife
Well I hope that was the case. I've tried to find photos or footage of him receiving the award but haven't been able to find any.

Yes NMFC did treat him badly - they covered up & downplayed his indiscretions for years as he was a gun player (as many other clubs have done since day dot).

If only they had pulled him up from the start just maybe some of his proven indiscretions would never have happened and he would have turned out a better person.

Very common with star players. They got away with murder.

Oh boo hoo. Plenty of us have had worse upbringings than Carey but chose to work on our issues in order to function in society.

Bringing up his crap childhood is a massive cop out.
Another salty and jealous Toigs supporter.

He never used his upbringing as an excuse. Others have.

Its merely an extract from his book. And his childhood was horrific.

Bring on Wigney!!

I can't be the only one who finds it amusing that he's soft launched a podcast called The Truth Hurts by rolling out the the crushed up anti-inflammatories story again
But he said it doesn't affect him anymore, it affects his whatever aged kids and family the most, which is heartbreaking.

So he brings more attention to them and himself by making a podcast about it.

This man is one of the great bullshitters of all time.

People still worship Gary Ablett and Ted Whitten.
Apparently Bradman was fair prick too.
I could be wrong (so please correct me if so) but Bradman's issues were more so he was just mean to people. No actual crimes or anything like that. I believe Ian Chappelle and Keith Miller are 2 players that had issues with Bradman

I could be wrong (so please correct me if so) but Bradman's issues were more so he was just mean to people. No actual crimes or anything like that. I believe Ian Chappelle and Keith Miller are 2 players that had issues with Bradman
He had dodgy business dealings and it was felt he was protected by people in power who wanted to see him succeed. The article in the Australian about this I cannot find on the web. In fact the web history of his dodgy buisness seems to be have been Erased. It was said he should have been charged with insider trading .

Last edited:

He was elitist- travelled 1st class to England on the boat while the rest travelled 2nd class - Tiger O’Reilly (A real Irish lad), really disliked him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another salty and jealous Toigs supporter.

He never used his upbringing as an excuse. Others have.

Its merely an extract from his book. And his childhood was horrific.

Bring on Wigney!!
I never said Wayne used it as an excuse.

As you said, others have. That is what I was responding to.

Not sure who I support has anything to do with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back