Unrestricted Free Agent Oliver Florent [UFA 2024]

Florents Future

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not knocking him, he is a solid footballer.

He’s just not worth $700k.

If he gets it he’s either had an unbelievable 2024, or his manager is a genius.

And a pretty ordinary one at that.

Different players, different clubs, different salary caps.

There is no comparison there to anyone unless they’re baiting. Which you were.
Why am I baiting?
Wasn't Williams a half back flanker?

Why am I baiting?
Because it’s seemingly what you do, more often than not.

Why? Not sure. Maybe you’re bored. Maybe you crave the attention.

Either way, stop it. You won’t be asked again.

Wasn't Williams a half back flanker?

Are Nick Coffield and Massimo D’Ambrosio half back flankers?

You didn’t raise Williams’ name because he’s a half back flanker.

Because it’s seemingly what you do, more often than not.

Why? Not sure. Maybe you’re bored. Maybe you crave the attention.

Either way, stop it. You won’t be asked again.

Are Nick Coffield and Massimo D’Ambrosio half back flankers?

You didn’t raise Williams’ name because he’s a half back flanker.
No I raised Williams because of his high price tag, is that ok?

No I raised Williams because of his high price tag, is that ok?
and a similar type player.. size, skills and pace
thought it was a very fair comparison..
but the landscape has changed with salary caps, long term deals, afl wanting more player movement etc

ps, I dont like the 'more player movement' push from the afl. Drafting and development is an art and clubs that are better at it should reap the rewards. Loyalty (from both club & player) is a good human trait and should be encouraged

If Florent wants midfield minutes I reckon he can get it at the Swans. We moved him to defence based off his form. He's had his best performances running out of defence so I can't see this being a factor.

It'll come down to money, and I don't think many clubs would be desperate for him.

He's a solid role player every premiership side has and needs.

I'd be happy for the Eagles to offer a 4 year contract on decent money with a front loaded incentive.

Will depend on what he wants and where he see's himself at the Swans in the next 3 years. Will he get squeezed out?

He's a solid role player every premiership side has and needs.

I'd be happy for the Eagles to offer a 4 year contract on decent money with a front loaded incentive.

Will depend on what he wants and where he see's himself at the Swans in the next 3 years. Will he get squeezed out?
I can't see him getting squeezed out at the Swans, very solid regular contributor. I wouldn't be shocked to see him pushed back into the midfield as well

I can't see him getting squeezed out at the Swans, very solid regular contributor. I wouldn't be shocked to see him pushed back into the midfield as well
I can’t see him being squeezed out either, but I think his experience in defence is a large part of that. The section of the ground that we will need to renovate soonest is defence because it’s where our biggest concentration of older players is - Rampe, Lloyd, Cunningham. We might have players to replace them but they are in the VFL with close to no senior experience and not yet AFL ready. The likes of Magor or Vickery. Possibly Mitchell or even Kirk could eventually play a small backman role. Or Corey Warner.

The introduction of Roberts indicates that the renovation has commenced, but as it continues the experience of Florent could be important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid foot soldier who Swans would want to keep but won't break the bank for.

Will someone come with 500-600 for him to prise him loose? Maybe but I doubt it.

Likely re-signs at the end of the season.

700k for Florent is wildly optimistic, no club would be offering anywhere near that.

Whats the average AFL wage now?

CBA increases etc.

Eagles have cash to burn and would pay $700k to lure a decent half back over West. Some clubs will be struggling to pay 95% of the cap. Eagles with half the list under 21 is one.

I consider Florent better than average so he should be on a better than average salary. He may take less at a contending club but at clubs with cap space to spend $700k is not silly money.

Last edited:
Seems a ideal fit for WCE. Ideally i want us to sign a free agent every year for the next 5 seasons really as thats the amount of salary cap we have free.

One of Florent/Cummings or Caleb Daniel for a pick downgrade suits me

Back