Certified Legendary Thread O'Meara? Oh yeah.

Remove this Banner Ad

theonico

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
a Facebook post indicates the Suns have basically given up trying to sign him and he looks destined for Melbourne when his contract expires at the end of 2016, in which parallel universe would he not join Clarko????

Why would he go there?
Perhaps they know more than we do.

Maybe Jaeger suffers thought altering brain trauma during 2016.

Perhaps they know more than we do.

Maybe Jaeger suffers thought altering brain trauma during 2016.
I'll try some of that.

Maybe it will help me to believe that Geelong supporters aren't whingers. Or Essendon supporters aren't deluded. Or crows fans aren't di*kheads.

You'll need the 'Hirdy special' to accomplish that...
Cool! I can glow in the dark too! I've always wanted to be a nightlight for my kids.

Cool! I can glow in the dark too! I've always wanted to be a nightlight for my kids.
The Hirdy special also comes with a free boner as a side effect ....so probably not suitable for the kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he go there?

a Facebook post indicates the Suns have basically given up trying to sign him and he looks destined for Melbourne when his contract expires at the end of 2016, in which parallel universe would he not join Clarko????

In my opinion, I think we will have to be seen as not bottoming out in order for us to be of serious interest to him (or any other promising young player/FA). In order to do that our kids (O'Rourke, Howe, Sicily, Lovell, Burton, Miles, Litherland, Hartung, Hardwick) will have to get game time and show that they have something and that the future is bright at the HFC. If I was a young player looking to return to Melbourne I would be eyeing up the Dogs, Saints, Pies and maybe even Melbourne as clubs tracking upwards. I doubt he would want to join a club that is at 1 o'clock on the premiership clock and facing a 5yr rebuild.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I think we will have to be seen as not bottoming out in order for us to be of serious interest to him (or any other promising young player/FA). In order to do that our kids (O'Rourke, Howe, Sicily, Lovell, Burton, Miles, Litherland, Hartung, Hardwick) will have to get game time and show that they have something and that the future is bright at the HFC. If I was a young player looking to return to Melbourne I would be eyeing up the Dogs, Saints, Pies and maybe even Melbourne as clubs tracking upwards. I doubt he would want to join a club that is at 1 o'clock on the premiership clock and facing a 5yr rebuild.

No chance the Pies have enough cap space for another big recruit. Ditto Geelong, and North must be getting pretty tight too. We only need to have 1-2 retirees and we can fit him in next year. We also have the draft picks, and maybe even some players that Gold Coast would be looking for.

It seems to be a big jump to go from JOM wants to move to Melbourne to JOM wants to play for Hawthorn. There are quite a few clubs who would throw the kitchen sink at him if he has fully recovered from his knee injury.
A fully fit JOM would be wonderful addition to the Hawks but I seem to recall many blind optimists were convinced Dangerfield was also coming to the Hawks and we all know how that panned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back