FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Was one of the worst ones I reckon. Didn't even get asked about 04, focused way to much on his coaching.

No comments on the Vossy open mike? Mustn't have been very good then...
It was far too short and there is discussion on the club board. It's hard for me to be objective as I am a one eyed Voss fan. In reality it didn't tell us much that we didn't already know. The playing aspect of his career was cut short and questions were spliced over each other when you wanted to hear more - particularly around Aker.

Could have been much better and was poor in terms of the way it was edited.

Voss interview was close to the worst Open Mike..... No real answers and not much on his playing career

If he's not a premiership coach in waiting, then Melbourne aren't an embarrassment to the game.
?

Premiership coach in waiting? Surely he's done as a coach. There aren't many coaches who have been given the arse, not coached for a year, then got another senior gig again. Malthouse is one but he had runs on the board as a 3 time premiership coach.

And not every gun player makes a good coach - Watson, Primus, plus others that escape me.

?

Premiership coach in waiting? Surely he's done as a coach. There aren't many coaches who have been given the arse, not coached for a year, then got another senior gig again. Malthouse is one but he had runs on the board as a 3 time premiership coach.

And not every gun player makes a good coach - Watson, Primus, plus others that escape me.
Tony Shaw

If he's not a premiership coach in waiting, then Melbourne aren't an embarrassment to the game.

i think he would be good for a club that was prime for a flag don't think he is suited for rebuilding a club.

Like the Buckley open mike to much time on coaching and not enough on the playing side. Almost like the grand finals never happened, could of gone for another 15 minutes easily.

The interview ran well and i think he answered everything 100% honest just the main focus was in the wrong areas.

?

True. Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but he reminds me of those motivational coaches ala Sheedy, Blight, etc who commanded respect but also created belief.

By the sounds of things, there was lots going wrong at Brisbane. Given that, his coaching record was pretty decent. I think he could do well at a well resourced club.

No disrespect to Buckley or Worsfold, but I think the difference b/w Voss and these two is that they worked at power house clubs with all the resources and good administrations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Voss interview, as the coaching job was so fresh its understandable the interview covers alot o that. that bit was boring. i liked his playing days bit.

Interesting to hear about Walls and how tough he was (i had already heard this but its still interesting) but how he turned voss into the hungry player he turned out to be. Stopped him in his tracks when he had a go at him for not becoming the player they thought he could be.

Voss spoke well and was honest. Interesting that he was offered $100k a year from collingwood at a very young age (17?). Would have been nice to hear about the early days at brisbane then into the three peat and how it evolved.

Why is he going to be on? Is he about to take up a commentary role at Fox?

Are they going to spend 30 minutes talking about his rug, or what it was like to be the oldest looking young bloke in the AFL?

Imagine questions going along...
* What was it like being drafted interstate?
* What was it like being delisted twice?
* How did you manage to butcher the 04 Prelim?
* What are your thoughts on the bump rule?
* Tell us about your days at Hawthorn
* How is your coaching career going?

Imagine questions going along...
* What was it like being drafted interstate?
* What was it like being delisted twice?
* How did you manage to butcher the 04 Prelim?
* What are your thoughts on the bump rule?
* Tell us about your days at Hawthorn
* How is your coaching career going?

Your forgot "So Brent, any idea how to fill the remaining 27 minutes of this program?"

?

I tend to think Voss will be a very good, very great coach the second time around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back