Operation Get Tippett (Officially, finally, over)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The feature story on seven sports news was the Tippett and Dangerfield contracts and risk of them living for their home states.

Special mention was made concerning brisbane plans to again try a lure tippett back to QLD.

I can only see a few possible trades/options

1) trade involving 1st round pick
2) trade involving SA born Redden
3) offering a take it or leave it trade (2nd rd/compo)...likely to fail? If so activate the "luke ball" move = Offer huge 1st year contract to enable he falls in PSD

Thoughts?

Stupid question, but where does Tippett sit when it comes to free agency? I'm guessing he's not a free agent?

I am a massive fan of us going after Tippett. It really looks like he has worked hard over the pre season, and he has been in great form early on in the season. Can provide a Big marking option up forward and he can kick goals. Just needs to work on goal kicking and he can be a 40-60 goal a year player.

I thought gaining Tippett was a realistic possibility during the last horse-trading season.

I also thought that giving up Redden was a prerequisite before negotiations could even start?....a price the Lions weren't willing to pay

And I also thought that the chances of getting Tippett were going to be greatly enhanced after the current season because he would be out of contract (with the Crows)

That is, the Lions would be some sort of show of picking him up in 2013 without having to put Redden on the table.

Am I on the right track here?

I thought gaining Tippett was a realistic possibility during the last horse-trading season.

I also thought that giving up Redden was a prerequisite before negotiations could even start?....a price the Lions weren't willing to pay

And I also thought that the chances of getting Tippett were going to be greatly enhanced after the current season because he would be out of contract (with the Crows)

That is, the Lions would be some sort of show of picking him up in 2013 without having to put Redden on the table.

Am I on the right track here?
Kurt Tippett is not a part of free agency this year is he?

P.S. Do the mods think they could merge this into a brand new thread based on free agency as a whole, not just a Kurt Tippett thread? Thanks.

P.P.S. I just did some research and Kurt Tippett is only in his 6th year this year. Therefore he is not in free agent yet.

Most know where I stand on this.

Joel had his chances and even I am realistic enough to know that his crack at the big league has passed. Playing at West Adelaide might be as good as it gets for him now:p

Dunno LS.

I don't have a great knowledge of the Free Agency machinations........... but I'm sure some of our more learned colleagues on this board can probably fill me in.

BTW, I'm also a fan of going after Tippett, as long as we don't have to sell off the crown jewels in the process.

P.S. Do the mods think they could merge this into a brand new thread based on free agency as a whole, not just a Kurt Tippett thread? Thanks.

P.P.S. I just did some research and Kurt Tippett is only in his 6th year this year. Therefore he is not in free agent yet.

Oh, we are talking about Kurt:D

Lionshine, guess it depends how his contract was written:cool:;)

Dunno LS.

I don't have a great knowledge of the Free Agency machinations........... but I'm sure some of our more learned colleagues on this board can probably fill me in.

BTW, I'm also a fan of going after Tippett, as long as we don't have to sell off the crown jewels in the process.
Yeah, I would agree with that. I wouldn't not be against throwing some cash at him however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippett would be a good addition for Bris. Perhaps Sheldon and Hawksley could be given in exchange :)

Can we all make an agreement that if this does become a real thing this year, that we won't do to Adelaide what Freo did to us?

Who's we?

...........and what did Freo do to us anyway?

From my perspective, Freo were negotiating with Clark in good faith...and we were trying to get the best compo possible.

It was Clark who pulled the pin at 11.59pm and decided that $$$$ were more important than homesickness( or ill gannies)

Don't need him, got Longer. Need to keep the picks in this years superdraft also.

Need to keep the picks in this years superdraft also.

This is a slight worry to me.

Not sure what we would need to hand over, but if it involved our first round pick, even as a downgrade, I fear this board would go into meltdown:eek:

Don't need him, got Longer. Need to keep the picks in this years superdraft also.
Im not sure I agree with the part where you say we don't need him, but I agree we need to use our picks in this years draft and get them right! So not sure we can get Tippett this year based on that. We are not getting rid of Polec or Redden.

yes if he comes at the right price then :thumbsu: but dont sell the farm to get him , no redden trade no early draft pick. stick with ace and retz pick up a young gun forward in the draft if possible,

but if a deal can be done that does not risk our talent we do have then go for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back