Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes our loss to the Swans not look so bad. They are the real deal!

The only game we should be really disappointed about to date this season was the Bulldogs game, but that was immediately addressed with a raft of changes that ushered in the new academy era so it almost felt necessary in a way.
We shouldn't of lost to the Bulldogs. They are not a good team. Will be filthy at that one all year.

They are not a good team. So frustrating we got utterly jumped by them

They know how to score over 80+ most weeks which was too much for us to handle when we played.

We need more volume up front

But yeah shocking loss looking at it now

Well, they had no Weightman tonight. Take him out and that might have been enough on its own to even it up. They also kicked unnervingly straight to ice the game in the first quarter (a trend several teams have had against us!)

Bulldogs are a solid team in key areas. But they do lose to much lower teams semi-regularly, hilariously.

They know how to score over 80+ most weeks which was too much for us to handle when we played.

We need more volume up front

But yeah shocking loss looking at it now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference between Geelong and us is they got jumped early and their midfield dominated yet they lost by 6 points, not 60.

We are no chance next week unless they all step off the plane and immediately seize up due to the humidity on their aging bodies.

The difference between Geelong and us is they got jumped early and their midfield dominated yet they lost by 6 points, not 60.

We are no chance next week unless they all step off the plane and immediately seize up due to the humidity on their aging bodies.
I think the conditions will play a part is your favour.

No Hawkins or Cameron next week for Geelong.
We are absolutely losing aren't we.
No Patrick Dangerfield. No Jeremy Cameron. No Tom Hawkins. Lost their last two matches.

We probably won't get a better opportunity to knock off a top 4 team all year when you consider the conditions should suit us. Prime time nationally televised Thursday night game to open Indigenous Round. Surely Dimma can get the boys up for it. Surely.

No Patrick Dangerfield. No Jeremy Cameron. No Tom Hawkins. Lost their last two matches.

We probably won't get a better opportunity to knock off a top 4 team all year when you consider the conditions should suit us. Prime time nationally televised Thursday night game to open Indigenous Round. Surely Dimma can get the boys up for it. Surely.
Just like the Brisbane game then.

I can’t see us not completely sh*tting the bed in a prime time game, especially if we get any ‘Geelong are vulnerable with their outs’ in the media this week.

Hopefully tonight gives me a bit of optimism in the conditions.

Just like the Brisbane game then.
This is what happens when you're in the position we're in right now and you're trying to climb the ladder. You keep winning the games you should win (i.e West Coast & North) and then you eventually get a shot at a big club like Geelong. Eventually, the tide should turn and a game like this becomes the catalyst for bigger and better things later in the season.

Are we ready to take this opportunity? Obviously we have to beat North tonight, but assuming that happens then we find ourselves 9 weeks into a new game plan/system that's supposed to take 10 weeks to really shine through. GWS and Collingwood both started their runs around week 10 and we are about to enter week 9. I don't know if we're ready, but the opportunity is certainly there. GWS had some pretty ordinary losses to the Saints and Bulldogs in the lead up to their strong run in 2023 and Collingwood was the same in losses to the Dogs and Tigers before going on a strong run of wins. The Giants were 3-5 going into round 9 and the Pies were 4-4 going into round 9.

Bizarrely, we're following a very similar path to both GWS in 2023 and Collingwood in 2022 so far.

No Hawkins or Cameron next week for Geelong.
We are absolutely losing aren't we.
It was shocking watching Cameron hit into head twice during the game (after second one with 5min to go he was visibly dazed) and Cats and AFL claiming all was OK, no test needed during the game.

Haha, on 5 days break and half age and experience.

This is what happens when you're in the position we're in right now and you're trying to climb the ladder. You keep winning the games you should win (i.e West Coast & North) and then you eventually get a shot at a big club like Geelong. Eventually, the tide should turn and a game like this becomes the catalyst for bigger and better things later in the season.

Are we ready to take this opportunity? Obviously we have to beat North tonight, but assuming that happens then we find ourselves 9 weeks into a new game plan/system that's supposed to take 10 weeks to really shine through. GWS and Collingwood both started their runs around week 10 and we are about to enter week 9. I don't know if we're ready, but the opportunity is certainly there. GWS had some pretty ordinary losses to the Saints and Bulldogs in the lead up to their strong run in 2023 and Collingwood was the same in losses to the Dogs and Tigers before going on a strong run of wins. The Giants were 3-5 going into round 9 and the Pies were 4-4 going into round 9.

Bizarrely, we're following a very similar path to both GWS in 2023 and Collingwood in 2022 so far.
We do not have lists as good as Collingwood or GWS. Expecting this game plan that doesn't suit the make up of our list to just click in 10 weeks is a load of horseshit. If you believe that's what's going to just magically happen I have some bridges for sale.
Think we will stay around the 10-11 wins for the season and Dimma and co will have to make some wholesale list changes end of the year.

Has any teams star full forward been named to play against the suns this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back