TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just downloaded the Xbone app. It looks decent. Hopefully those who have only tried the webpage can use this...wonder if a PS4 version is in the works too?

It ******* better be!

Renegotiated my Foxtel package today. Mentioned to the guy that it looks like Foxtel (Bein)are going to lose the CL to Optus. He replied that Foxtel are still in for the EPL rights. Told him, haven't you heard the news that Optus has got that already. He replied that's not official yet and Foxtel are still trying.!! The lengths Foxtel will go to, to retain subscribers is incredible.

Renegotiated my Foxtel package today. Mentioned to the guy that it looks like Foxtel (Bein)are going to lose the CL to Optus. He replied that Foxtel are still in for the EPL rights. Told him, haven't you heard the news that Optus has got that already. He replied that's not official yet and Foxtel are still trying.!! The lengths Foxtel will go to, to retain subscribers is incredible.

Wow, you couldn’t even make a Perth joke out of that conversation. Lol.

You on the $39 HD package now?

Quite hilarious how they try and say it is for new customers only.

I was given substantial credit twice at the start of the last 2 EPL seasons because I complained to them about losing EPL rights to a bunch of drongos at Optus.

Quite hilarious how they try and say it is for new customers only.

I was given substantial credit twice at the start of the last 2 EPL seasons because I complained to them about losing EPL rights to a bunch of drongos at Optus.
Haha. I bitched and moaned as well last couple of years. I didn't even really have to negotiate this time. Just asked for it, they said yes. I mentioned the free IQ3 that was being offered to new subscribers which supposedly expired a while back and the guy threw that into the deal as well. Easy. He then said the deal is on for 12 months,no contract, and if better deals come up in the meantime, i can contact them and get it. I was half expecting steak knives thrown in as well. :)
They are desperate.

BeIN sports’ Silence and Optus making mentions in the news sounds like it’s well advanced to me...interesting times ahead on main UCL matchdays with 11 Optus Channels available to play all games and that highlights channel thingy too maybe...makes the Fetch box pretty attractive. Chances of getting BT Sports coverage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the trick will be for non-Optus customers who aren't interested in a full time subscription is to sign up to the 14 day free trial to best align with the group stage and the quarters depending on your priorities, and then the Semis and Finals are all on SBS so no Optus sport required?

A little OT, but of interest nonetheless...

Amazon has purchased its first Premier League television rights package as the online giant launches a threat against Sky Sports and BT Sport in a ground breaking shift in domestic broadcasting.

In the division of Premier League TV rights for the 2019 to 2022 period two packages were still to be purchased following the initial bidding phase in February.

Amazon has now secured one of the remaining packages with BT Sport taking the other.

WHO HAS BOUGHT WHAT?

BT SPORT – £975million

32 – matches at 12.30pm on Saturday

15 – matches from two midweek fixture programmes

5 – matches from the split weekend

SKY SPORTS – £3.579bn

32 – matches at 5.30pm on Saturday

8 – matches at 7.45pm on Saturday

32 – matches at 2pm on Sunday

32 – matches at 4pm on Sunday

24 – matches at either 8pm on Monday or 7.30pm/8pm on Friday

AMAZON

20 – matches on Boxing Day and from one midweek fixture programme

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ision-rights-package.html?ito=social-facebook

Not really impressed with the streaming quality of Optus Sport’s coverage for the World Cup.

Tested it with the HDMI into the TV - hoping that explains the poor quality.

Anyone know if it’s any good with the Chromecast (or Apple TV)?

Not really impressed with the streaming quality of Optus Sport’s coverage for the World Cup.

I think the OptusSport website is meant for PC while the $5 fetch box is meant for TV.

Has anyone tried streaming two devices at the same time from the one account? With the World Cup I'd like to have two on the go when at work but apparently you can't do it?

Has anyone tried streaming two devices at the same time from the one account? With the World Cup I'd like to have two on the go when at work but apparently you can't do it?

I've tried and yeah you can't.

Would you need two? There's never two games on at the same time?

I've ordered a Fetch mini which should arrive in time for the weekend, been airplaying through the iPad until now which hasn't been too bad quality-wise but it'll be nice to have something permanently connected to the TV.

Always worked perfectly for me using Apple TV. Chromecast was alright but found the quality would stutter more often.

I've tried and yeah you can't.

Would you need two? There's never two games on at the same time?

are the final group games simultaneous?
Billy answered half of it. Also would like to have two replays going at the same time at work the following days, my boss knows I'm a tragic so instead of me taking time off is happy for me to just do as much as I can whilst keeping an eye on the games.

Thats a bit crap you can't use it like that, once I get NBN I'll have the Fetch box so I assume you can watch it on that but still watch it on a device simultaneously?

I assume you mean two Fetches?

I'm pretty sure I've watched a game on my PC and a different one on my phone before. Same account. Two devices. Maybe something changed with an update?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back