News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool let’s also trade a delisted Riley Grundy for Dylan Shiel since we’re being absolutely mental about things.

KEY OFF-SEASON DATES

October 30 - November 6: AFL Free Agency period
November 4-12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: First list lodgement
November 27: Second list lodgement
November 30: AFL Draft nominations close
TBC: AFL Draft and Rookie Draft
TBC: Final list lodgement and TPP estimates

Dodobrain is going to get wrecked by CD..

View attachment 998107

woman-throwing-papers-office-under-260nw-453487288.jpg

This is an odd point to make if you're anti-Fantasia. I don't trust Fantasia to get on the park consistently. I don't necessarily trust him to rack up high disposal numbers, or to put on elite defensive pressure. But that last quarter against Richmond was the exact time that we could've have benefited from a player like Fantasia. His strength is creating goals from nothing.
That last quarter grinds my gears because although the the likes of Lycett, Hammer, Boak and Burton on one leg having a good season, they were the villains that let us down.

Port won't trade Hayes.

Essendon have more to lose than Port has to gain if Port don't agree to a trade this year. Fantasia's a restricted free agent next year. Pick him up for nothing next season (unless they match of course).

If that happens, mark that down as another example of a Dodoro stuff-up due to his 'winner at all costs' attitude.

I hope we appreciate how good Hayes is going to be.
We don't need to trade out Lycett this year, but we do need to make it clear to him over the pre-season that next year it isn't automatically going to be Lycett + backup. There are a fair number of sub-par rucks at other sides, we need to be playing Hayes + Ladhams as a combination against some of those (along with alternating Ladhams and Hayes with Lycett for other games).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually am starting to feel a little sorry for Dodo at present. Trade week doesn’t even start until Wednesday and the deal is expected to be done already

Doesn’t sound like Bonner is keen on leaving so that’s the obvious deal not happening.

He’s not actually wrong. If Fantasia gets back to his best he’s another player who can play forward and rotate through the midfield. He improves our list more than a late draft pick would, and has shown some ability to work with a key forward like Daniher.

Lots of group think about Fantasia. I think a lot of his issues stem from being at Essendon rather than his actual ability as a player, and he’ll surprise people.
That's what I thought about Toumpas.

This is why I didn’t want us to go near this guy

over-rated contracted flaky has been (if that) at a popular Vic club.

the media is all in when it comes to creating this ******* fairytale where he’s supposedly a gun player and port would be getting a bargain only paying pick 26 for him.

also, fu** the idea of giving away pick 26 cause we’ve finally gotten an nga when the afls other clubs have benefited from farcical sh*t we’ve missed out on for decades.

we didn’t fight our asses off to get into the afl to be soft**** losers.

I don’t want orazio, but if he wants to come to Port, ******* grow a pair and tell them they can take the same late pick they would offer us if it was reversed or they fu** off.
Dan Butler went for pick 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back