Opinion O'Shanassy Street

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as such, but am working on it

Good start by you, writing a footy tactics book with a (nipple) twist.

images

I am happy to give either of you the rights to ghostwrite my memoir "campaigners I've Known: An eon on BigFooty"

Yeah good one. Again.

Good on you for finding some way to finish every one of those pieces in a positive way. Its one of the reasons what you do is really good. The writing is so nice to read, the humour is ... so necessary this year

and funny as. The way you paint those pictures with words is at gift.

But what's truly .... great, i guess, is even after a weekend like that you can write in a way that is positive and finds then celebrates some good about the team.

That is what really makes it worthwhile.

If you stick at it and keep writing with such passion then in the next few years I hope (and am confident that) lots of North supporters and more than a few others will read your stuff. Especially once we start challenging again. If things turn out as they should we won't be down for long but i'm glad I was here to read O'Shanassay Street when we were.

it helps me keep my head up. Thanks.
Pretty much explained how i feel after reading it,i was in hysterics reading the last one and felt alot better afterwards just like every other one.

Great again SM. I'm amazed how you find the time to speak in such detail about everything from fads to individual players and game moments. You have a talent old boy! :thumbsu:

Many would call it good old fashioned shite talking

Hey SM, Have you thought about combining each of the weekly blogs into a book similar to what the Footy Almanac do with their weekly game reports at the end of each season?

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/

I have thought about it. Am also considering converting them to podcast form over the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have thought about it. Am also considering converting them to podcast form over the off season.
If you are seriously considering a book, you could do worse than get in touch with Almanac head honcho John Harms. The Almanac itself is just part of their output; they're interested in all sorts of fan writing and they have access to a whole bunch of publishing infrastructure - editors, printers, distribution, an existing audience - that could make your life easier. They might view it as a bit too niche but you won't know if you don't ask.

If this eventuates, can you do the podcasts after a few drinks in your best Orson Welles voice?

If this eventuates, can you do the podcasts after a few drinks in your best Orson Welles voice?

Honestly, you're not far off. My brother is a voice actor, am thinking of getting him involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back