Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Harris00 said:
Clarke would not kick more than 60 goals in O&M. WRFL does not even come close to that standard of footy. Have seen stand out players from WRFL go into DVFL and EDFL an really struggle to get a kick and then sook and go back to WRFL.

mate seen plenty of country footballers and players from other metro comps come to wrfl and p iss off with their tail between their legs coz it's too tough, clarke plays for nothing and could command good money at any club in any comp with his record

chopsewie said:
Only scene this bloke play a few games but one of the best leads and kicks i have ever scene . he plays on small grounds in the wrfl were the forward line is crowded 95% of the time and still seems to find space on a lead. put him on a big open ground that rarely gets crowded like o and m bush footy this bloke would kick 150 and a great footy brain this bloke is worth 25000 per year in the bush

Hey choppie

I think you are well off the mark on this comment. Clarke is a good player, i am not doubting this, however if i had it my way there would be around 8-10 forwards from the GV alone that i would pick before him.

I take my hat off to him though, what an assett he is to the club if it is true that he plays for nothing.

by tough i think you mean conjested. played in the comp and i agree that it is tough for a forward to find space but the wrfl is not tougher than any country league. i was talked to by blokes from dvfl and edfl clubs and they both said wrfl is the laughing stock of metro football. clarke wouldnt kick 100 in major country leagues. good player though

hillsy said:
by tough i think you mean conjested. played in the comp and i agree that it is tough for a forward to find space but the wrfl is not tougher than any country league. i was talked to by blokes from dvfl and edfl clubs and they both said wrfl is the laughing stock of metro football. clarke wouldnt kick 100 in major country leagues. good player though

wrfl shouldn't be laughed at our club have beaten many good sides from other leagues in practice matches over the years, the problem is the bottom 2 or 3 sides really drop right off the pace
we played a edfl finalist last year and it was embarrassing how scared they were in a game that played in good spirits on their home deck but agree that some comps are spending big money hence making those leagues a bit stronger

No ones having a go at the WRFL, but the post was saying a bloke kicking 80 goals in that league would kick 150 in the "O&M bush footy" because the grounds were bigger and he'd have a more open forward line.

Grounds are bigger, but you're also going to be playing on some very good defenders in the O&M. The league is rated a fair bit higher up than the WRFL and that's no disrespect to the league or the player concerned.

cold pies said:
wrfl shouldn't be laughed at our club have beaten many good sides from other leagues in practice matches over the years,
Surely you dont take practice matches into account cold pies. Practice match form means s h i t.

TuskenRaider said:
No ones having a go at the WRFL, but the post was saying a bloke kicking 80 goals in that league would kick 150 in the "O&M bush footy" because the grounds were bigger and he'd have a more open forward line.

Grounds are bigger, but you're also going to be playing on some very good defenders in the O&M. The league is rated a fair bit higher up than the WRFL and that's no disrespect to the league or the player concerned.

TUSKEN could you please tell me where the ranking system is on leagues as i can't seem to find it?
A friend of mine who won a sandover medal now playing in the OM and previsouly in the GV is very dissapointed in the standard of the leagues,he says while there are some quality players running around the depth of most teams is not great.
Also agree there is no way that clarke would kick 150 in the GV i think it was just a mate supporting another's ability even though he has kicked 72 in 11 games this year

well a bloke who is good enough to win a sandover medal probabaly would find it easier in those leagues.

FOOTYBOSS said:
Surely you dont take practice matches into account cold pies. Practice match form means s h i t.

what else can you go by, practice games are the only opportunities you get to play against other comps now with no interleague anymore and more often than not you try to play against top sides to prepare well for the season ahead
you cant take a lot out of these matches but you do get a little bit of an idea

hillsy said:
i found on the wrfl thread that ROCK07 is none other than mr clarke himself

WELL DONE EINSTEIN

everyone knows who i am mate i have never hid form who i am and openly say it all the time,but i never said i could kick 150 in that league but im sure i could do well never the less.

ROCK07 said:
WELL DONE EINSTEIN

everyone knows who i am mate i have never hid form who i am and openly say it all the time,but i never said i could kick 150 in that league but im sure i could do well never the less.
ROCK07, you wouldnt even get a spot in the forward line of the best GV Teams. Euroa, Seymour, Benalla all have awesome forward lines and you wouldnt even get a run so get off talking yourself up mate and just realise you are a good player in a dreadful comp and thats all you will ever be!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PLAYER69 said:
ROCK07, you wouldnt even get a spot in the forward line of the best GV Teams. Euroa, Seymour, Benalla all have awesome forward lines and you wouldnt even get a run so get off talking yourself up mate and just realise you are a good player in a dreadful comp and thats all you will ever be!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Poor form... Have you ever seen this guy play??? The WRFL may not be the strongest comp going around, but ill tell you what, anyone who can still kick 70 goals in the season would make a GV team no worries.. Walk up start to a GV team....

I personally dont know, nor have seen Clarke play... But from all accounts is a very talented footballer.... So to make the call that you have is well out of place.. Unless of course you can personally tell us all how you have played on him and he didn't get a kick.. Doubt you will though...

roge_3 said:
Poor form... Have you ever seen this guy play??? The WRFL may not be the strongest comp going around, but ill tell you what, anyone who can still kick 70 goals in the season would make a GV team no worries.. Walk up start to a GV team....

I personally dont know, nor have seen Clarke play... But from all accounts is a very talented footballer.... So to make the call that you have is well out of place.. Unless of course you can personally tell us all how you have played on him and he didn't get a kick.. Doubt you will though...
He would get a game in the bottom 6 sides but that is it! Dont have to see the bloke play as the league is terrible so say no more! Most key forwards in the GV or O & M would kick at least a ton in that Sh*t:eek:

PLAYER69 said:

After having played both of these leagues, I can categorically say that Clarke would slot into one of these three mentioned sides. I'm sure having Clarke stand next to Grainger, Saad, Symes, and I'll throw in Singh, then whoever the opposition happened to be on that day would definitely have their hands full.

So 69, please do not speak about something that you have no idea about. Go crawl back under whatever rock it is you crawled out from ya goose.

Skut17 said:
After having played both of these leagues, I can categorically say that Clarke would slot into one of these three mentioned sides. I'm sure having Clarke stand next to Grainger, Saad, Symes, and I'll throw in Singh, then whoever the opposition happened to be on that day would definitely have their hands full.

So 69, please do not speak about something that you have no idea about. Go crawl back under whatever rock it is you crawled out from ya goose.
He wouldnt slot into Euroa with Grainger, Janz, Hyatt, Bamford, Gilliland and Hilton all starting forwards and at seymour a forward line of saad, gordon, pilling, Colbert, Liddell, and shotner. As i have prevoiusly stated he would maybe come off the bench but that would be about it especially at these 2 sides. Sure he can play footy but it is not hard to kick goals against no opposition!

PLAYER69 said:
He wouldnt slot into Euroa with Grainger, Janz, Hyatt, Bamford, Gilliland and Hilton all starting forwards and at seymour a forward line of saad, gordon, pilling, Colbert, Liddell, and shotner. As i have prevoiusly stated he would maybe come off the bench but that would be about it especially at these 2 sides. Sure he can play footy but it is not hard to kick goals against no opposition!
Hold on a sec..... We starting to backpeddle a little?

roge_3 said:

Well said and must agree
On the bit about how FOOTYBOSS said that you cant take praccie matches into it, well what else is there?? we played Keilor which are a fair club and we had to be told not to go to hard from the umps an Keilors request they were 3 players short of there best and we were a few short of our best and we beat them so althought its a praccie you get a small idea and thats what we have to go on cause like Coldpies said theres no inter leauge any more

ringo1 said:
Bromage played for Morwell and I think he then went and played in the Omeo league for Bucchan? or the east Gippy league for Bairnsdale.
Great bloke and do ever reckon he has dropped a thing in his life great hands and has great advice for our players ita a pleasure having him down there

We played against Lawence Angwin a few weeks back and surely he is not on huge money with the efforts he put in on that day. He wasn't interested.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back