Traded 2. Paddy Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

picked and traded like he was on the outer - but it's not the selection committee's job to extract the value, it's to win games. may have had more games with us next year, may have cemented a spot... but might have never been picked at all. he was withering on the vine.

will watch on with a lot of curiousity to see how you go (not so i can say told you so to anyone though). best of luck.

Well done Paddy, such a shame that you didn't get a good run at it. Best of luck at the aints..
Bigfooty will miss you and the additional content.

I have admired his willingness to do the hard work with seemingly no drop in attitude!!!

Would have liked him to stay but as others have said, it would have been to his own detriment.

Who knows in a year or two he may have become a consistent starter in our midfield but a young fella who has been on the list for 6yrs can’t wait for those maybes.

Just wish he didn’t end up at that club cos I really don’t want to see them succeed, but it is a bit of a Carlton tradition to see out your retirement at that club!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wishing Dow all the best. Some prolonged development but an AFL quality player that would be hitting his prime as Cripps/Hewett get older that we've essentially given away for 1/2 a packet of chips

Imo deserved to have played a lot more games over the past couple of years - particularly given the number of injuries we'd had through the midfield. Showed fantastic attitude to front up week in week out over the past couple of years despite the coach clearly having stamped his papers very early on.

All the best to Paddy. Would love him to establish himself at the saints for his own personal mental state and sense of achievement.

Paddy, good luck on your next stage. Hope you have a great time with the Saints. Glad it was not * as that would have really s**** me off.
Would have love for you to stay, thought you brought a difference to our midfield this year. One more year might have seen you a regular.

Good luck to you Paddy......... An ounce of luck is all you will need because you CAN PLAY.

After Fev , Eddie Betts and Hamill you are the one I think we will come to rue the most.

Was hoping Paddy would become a Premiership player this year and stay, but not to be. Seems like putting as many games as we did into ED at his expense was a massive waste.

Hope he does well in a side that never makes finals.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a heap of Paddy over the years, so I've spent the last couple weeks finding some highlights packages and reading what I can about him (like a true BigFooty nerd).

Gotta say it's nice to come over here and see some really great things being posted about Paddy. Clearly we're picking up a player who (no doubt has some deficiencies) but has great character and resolve.

I hope and honestly think that he's a good chance to slot into our midfield seamlessly.

And promise we'll take great care of him, see Paddy Ryder and Mason Wood who despite their small time with the club have been beloved and are basically cult figures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen a heap of Paddy over the years, so I've spent the last couple weeks finding some highlights packages and reading what I can about him (like a true BigFooty nerd).

Gotta say it's nice to come over here and see some really great things being posted about Paddy. Clearly we're picking up a player who (no doubt has some deficiencies) but has great character and resolve.

I hope and honestly think that he's a good chance to slot into our midfield seamlessly.

And promise we'll take great care of him, see Paddy Ryder and Mason Wood who despite their small time with the club have been beloved and are basically cult figures.
He might be more of a go figure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back