Patrick Dangerfield Vs Tim Watson

which player would you rank higher in your Player rankings?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

theasian

Team Captain
May 19, 2012
Colombo
AFL Club
Sydney
Who will you rate higher in your player rankings??

Both explosive mids who could kick a goal.

Watson is widely regarded as the 2nd best Midfielder of the 80s.

Dangerfield is probably the 2nd best player of his generation.

In your opinion has Dangerfield gone past Tim Watson as a player?

I feel like one was power and speed, the other was speed and guile.

Good comparison though regarding the 2nd best of their generation.

Watson felt like he was ahead of his time as a player. Went with Watson just because bias, and memory as a kid

I still reckon Pendlebury has had a better career than Dangerfield.

Never saw Watson in his prime. Probably have to go with Dangerfield based on what he has been able to accomplish at the back-end of his career as arguably Geelong's best finals performer in a premiership team.

Watson was certainly ahead of his time . I think it's a very close call. That's why cerated the poll.

Just felt that wih Danger winning the premiership and putting in a good performance in the final would carry him over the edge.

Watson was certainly ahead of his time . I think it's a very close call. That's why cerated the poll.

Just felt that wih Danger winning the premiership and putting in a good performance in the final would carry him over the edge.
Watson played in 3 premierships and was in the mix for the Norm Smith in two of them!!
It’s a very good comparison.

I voted Tim Watson
Tough call, but Dangerfield's goal kicking has been mediocre, and Watson comes across as a more grounded individual who I think would actually make a club better with his understated off-field involvement
Dangerfield is too self-obsessed for mine

Watson played in a hard era as well. Dangerfield's era is more professional and over-sanitised. Watson was brilliant and in an era that was semi-professional, he was very comparable to Dangerfield. Had Watson had Dangerfield's perks of the modern eta, he'd have played 350 games

I probably am biased, because I think Dangerfield is a huge knob who drinks his own bathwater. I get the feeling that the premiership was about him and his desire to win one, and was too much focused on him. I hate that
Tim Watson is a dork, but he's more genuine without the razzamatazz of the camera

I think I have issues...

Back