Paul Koulouriotis

Remove this Banner Ad

diamond8 said:
Koula has had 20+ possessions in both VFL games since his return. Would definitely be in the mix still.
he isn't a bad player koula but I just don't think he is in our best 22. put it this way - if he is in the side with the players that we have got I don't think we could be travelling that well. that is my opinion at the moment awyway, and he may very well surprise me.

jmain14 said:
he isn't a bad player koula but I just don't think he is in our best 22. put it this way - if he is in the side with the players that we have got I don't think we could be travelling that well. that is my opinion at the moment awyway, and he may very well surprise me.

I watched the VFL last week was not impressed with Koula think he needs many more weeks in the reserves.

crazy_big_al said:
What is going on with him???

Is he hurt??? Or just playing like poo like always???

He's fine, thanks for asking.

He's getting over a minor hamstring injury and has been playing in the VFL, as others have mentioned. Opinions on his performance are varied, however, I believe he's never played "like poo", and therefore I can't make a comparison that would be comprehensible to you.

I thought there were much worse than Koula last week in the VFL.

He would be in the mix, but I'd suggest he won't get picked at the moment. My guess will be probably Round 9, as long as he's playing well that is.

*koulagirl said:
He's fine, thanks for asking.

He's getting over a minor hamstring injury and has been playing in the VFL, as others have mentioned. Opinions on his performance are varied, however, I believe he's never played "like poo", and therefore I can't make a comparison that would be comprehensible to you.

I think we all know that he was quite poo. His westies performances were rather poor. I was impressed with how he played last year for geelong, i was justr curious how he is going. I thought he may have got out of his poo playing days

crazy_big_al said:
I think we all know that he was quite poo. His westies performances were rather poor. I was impressed with how he played last year for geelong, i was justr curious how he is going. I thought he may have got out of his poo playing days

He didn't have any "poo playing days" to get out of. I fail to see how pushing for AFL selection while constantly being named in the best players and netting Magarey votes is akin to "poo".
His form last year, while an improvement, was not a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*koulagirl said:
He didn't have any "poo playing days" to get out of. I fail to see how pushing for AFL selection while constantly being named in the best players and netting Magarey votes is akin to "poo".
His form last year, while an improvement, was not a surprise.

I think u know that he did. He was not pushing for AFL selection really. He was like a list filler at Port. He got a few Magarey Medal votes but not many. He is soft and POO. it surprised most port people that he played well last year

crazy_big_al said:
I think u know that he did. He was not pushing for AFL selection really. He was like a list filler at Port. He got a few Magarey Medal votes but not many. He is soft and POO. it surprised most port people that he played well last year

I know that he didn't and that most people failed to realise that since they didn't go watch him every week, or at all, and based their opinions on a severe lack of information. He isn't soft, nor is he "poo". Not being a player of textbook perfection does not equal "poo".
I still fail to see how anyone who actually paid attention to him could be surprised that he played well. Perhaps the supporters concerned refused to truly see Paul's playing abilities, or maybe they just made assumptions based on the lack of information I mentioned above.

nananana catman said:
Good VFL player, but not good enough to consistently cut it at AFL level.

I agree and will probably be delisted at season's end. No fault of his, but you got to cut at least 5 players off your list every year and geelong don't seem to have any standouts for axing apart from him and perhaps Rahilly.

*koulagirl said:
I know that he didn't and that most people failed to realise that since they didn't go watch him every week, or at all, and based their opinions on a severe lack of information. He isn't soft, nor is he "poo". Not being a player of textbook perfection does not equal "poo".
I still fail to see how anyone who actually paid attention to him could be surprised that he played well. Perhaps the supporters concerned refused to truly see Paul's playing abilities, or maybe they just made assumptions based on the lack of information I mentioned above.

But how would you know how Koula's going if you live In Adelaide and the dude is playing in victoria now ?

celtic_pride said:
I agree and will probably be delisted at season's end. No fault of his, but you got to cut at least 5 players off your list every year and geelong don't seem to have any standouts for axing apart from him and perhaps Rahilly.

I can think of about 10 players who'd be delisted before Koula.

celtic_pride said:
But how would you know how Koula's going if you live In Adelaide and the dude is playing in victoria now ?

Living in Adelaide doesn't mean that I can't find out how he's going and build a complete picture from taking into account various reports through friends and connections. Nor does it prevent me from going to watch him play.

*koulagirl said:
I wouldn't say ten, but he wouldn't be in the bottom five.

Of the top of my head,he'd be in front of these players to stay on the list :

Rahilly,Slade,Thurley,Chambers,Haynes,Lonergan,McCarthy,Spencer [haven't included new recruits].
Then theres's 2 possible retirees [Ricco and Sando]

If Ricco retired at the end of the year,Koula would be the player most likely to take his spot.

JUBJUB said:
Of the top of my head,he'd be in front of these players to stay on the list :

Rahilly,Slade,Thurley,Chambers,Haynes,Lonergan,McCarthy,Spencer [haven't included new recruits].
Then theres's 2 possible retirees [Ricco and Sando]

If Ricco retired at the end of the year,Koula would be the player most likely to take his spot.

Thurley's untried at AFL level, and Rahilly's having an unusually good season, from what I can tell. I think that Paul would be at the same level as some of those players right now, however you're right - if Ricco retires, Paul would be the most logical replacement.

He's not out of contract this year, however, so I guess that skews things as it would be more difficult for him to be traded or delisted due to issues of termination of contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back