Zuma

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2010
long ago in the museum with his friends
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
out last week and set to be Pauls first top 3 Album on ARIA for many years. It’s a strong collection of nicely crafted styles and sounds very impressive from a 76 year old.

Here are my initial impressions of the songs in order:

Opening Station - instrumental piece sounds of a station building into a choir

I don’t know - an elegantly haunting piano line introduces this gorgeous contemplative ballad with some nice lyrics

Come on to me - a sprightly pop rocker and sure fire hit that will have you signing along and humming the chorus. Featured in Carpool Kareoke with James Corden

Happy with you - a whistful Mother Natures grandfather happy with where he is in life. A couple of nice tempo changes

Who cares - will be a live staple from
The album starts with distortion then chugs into a zz top groove with a spirited paul vocal calling out haters in general. You will love it

Fuh you - cheeky and clever pop song. One republic sounding in a good way thanks to Ryan Tedder but it’s great to hear Paul try his hand at a more contemporary pop sound. I just want it for you sounds like something else

confidante - another grower strummed on acoustic this one is about a guitar with some nice sounds

People want peace - thought it would be preachy and grandstanding but he pulls of something really nice to listen to a simple release from their suffering people want peace. Can’t argue.

Hand in hand - a heartfelt piano love ode this song is exceptional complete with panpipes

Dominoes - an intriguingly tuneful pop song with a killer chorus. Hasn’t lost it

Back in Brazil - a nice groove jam to dance away to

Do it now - some nice harpsichord and melody line. What his dad always told him

Caesar rock - weird and wonderful tune in the spirit of RAM

Despite repeated warnings - got to listen to this tale quite apparent who he is portraying in this song. Many interesting twists and turns musically almost like a mini musical just under 7 minutes! Yes we can do it now!

Station 2 - reprise of the 1st song returning to the Station and choir with a busker playing the riff of the next song

Hunt you down/naked/c link - medley of songs to finish. Riff rocker which changes into ode to a koala bear style love the vocal here. Ends with a smokey blues guitar jam

The pop master who keeps giving,
IF you love music do yourself a favour

The last McCartney solo album I liked let alone loved was Flaming Pie, which is now over 20 years old :eek:

I’m sceptical but will give it a listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back