Peninsula Thread -2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I have moved to the south eastern area of melbourne from WA. A family member played in the peninsula league in the MPNFL & said it was a good competition. Looking for a club to play with this year. I'm a handy player, who has played in junior representative sides. Any suggestions?

I have moved to the south eastern area of melbourne from WA. A family member played in the peninsula league in the MPNFL & said it was a good competition. Looking for a club to play with this year. I'm a handy player, who has played in junior representative sides. Any suggestions?

I would look at one of the challenging clubs like Karingal, Mt Eliza or Bonbeach. If you go to YCW expect to be playing in the magoos all year however you will get a fair shot at the ones with Karingal or even Pines (who might be the big improver this year). forget Langy or Seaford who only look after their paid players. Chelsea will be smashed every week. check out the mpnfl website for a full list of clubs and checkout the closest to where you live or work. Best bet is for Karingal who will be top three this year again.

I would look at one of the challenging clubs like Karingal, Mt Eliza or Bonbeach. If you go to YCW expect to be playing in the magoos all year however you will get a fair shot at the ones with Karingal or even Pines (who might be the big improver this year). forget Langy or Seaford who only look after their paid players. Chelsea will be smashed every week. check out the mpnfl website for a full list of clubs and checkout the closest to where you live or work. Best bet is for Karingal who will be top three this year again.

As jake said above, depends on what type a player you are also. Different clubs have different needs, karingal, mt.eliza, bonbeach would be a good choice if your looking to play finals. If your a key position player chelsea would be perfect, have lost both their gun fowards in damon & worner. Pines are young and on the up, edi asp have recruited a few guns.

im an avid supporter of MPNFL Football and after many years of playing and now supporting local football my advice to anyone pursuing a new club in this divisional area would be firstly to understand what level of football you play at, this ill then indicate to you which league to look into. if you are looking for a quality standard semi professional local competition then peninsula league is for you. for a more relaxed approach to your football then Nepean is where you need to be.
i have been perusing Local football for many seasons and upon sneakily viewing a few clubs train post xmas this year i suggest YCW to be the cream once again, Bonbeach suggestedly have recruited heavily however i see little difference. Mt Eliza to drop away, although they seem to have a few recruits. a heavily tattooed recruit certainly will be picked up or at least heavily Looked at by Frankston Dolphins.

what are the predictions for season 2013?

think mornington will improve and push for the 5.seaford to struggle after losing luke smith to noble park and kraska maybe gone aswell.chelsea to go winless after chapple has left them in a mess.cant see anyone getting near ycw again.luke damon to edi-asp may improve them but by all reports is struggling with his knees.beau muston ex hawthorn and box hill off to langwarrin.

Essendon District Football League (EDFL) Mornington Football Netball Club Franchina, Anthony Pending 2013-02-01
is this the former carlton player?

What was shaping up as a one-horse race has changed dramatically after Ash Eames suffered a year ending (career ending???) knee injury on Saturday at Karingal. Possibly both ACL and PCL knee. Karingal showed how vulnerable the Stonecats may become by kicking the next 6 unanswered and it was only the force ten gale wind that saved YCW. shades of "if it bleeds - we can kill it".

Hate to burst your bubble mate but ash has only done a PCL so out for 6-8 and will be back in plenty of time to be firing for finals which means YC will still be the team to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting bonbeach calhan Macqueen to have another big year up forward and potentially play not as deep as he did in 2013. Expecting the addition of another big forward into the sharks forward line could be the difference. Macdonald and Macqueen contributed over 120 goals then add another forward in for 2014 that could fix their grand final problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back