Penny Wong

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor.white trash of asia..
More intelligent Asian nations.
I could go on.
If posters made blatant ethnocentric claims about Western nations societies on here they'd be lynched and banned.
I really detest how you mention white people in a negative light in most of your posts. Lift your game.
I find it really offensive.

Last edited:
Poor.white trash of asia..

“Risks becoming poor white trash of Asia” a quote from Lee Kwan Yew.
More intelligent Asian nations.

Proven scientific fact

I really detest how you mention white people in a negative light in most of your posts. Lift your game.

I don’t think it’s a negative or racist to say there’s improvements in Australian society that could be made by adopting more collectivist Asian cultural traits.

Of course there’s better general aspects of Australian culture over Asian ones, our (somewhat) better tolerance of LGBT is an example.

I never said we should go completely Asian but recognise the fact of where we are and where the demographics of this nation are headed, and adapt our culture away from the current primarily Anglo culture to a Eurasian one.

In a way Penny Wong and her family are an example of the Australia I would like, mixed race, LGBT friendly, well educated, multi lingual, liberal faith and multi faith (her family are Christian and Buddhist).

Not solely one way or the other.

Hmmm didn’t see much mention of this brilliant move by Wong and Labor (actually something they promised to do back in 2018 so shouldn’t have surprised anyone):

It’s hilarious to see the right wing in uproar over something Labor promised they would do and now returning to a stance held by almost every country on earth apart from the US and a few of their lackeys.

It’s also refreshing to see foreign policy conducted without having domestic political objectives as the priority.

Hmmm didn’t see much mention of this brilliant move by Wong and Labor (actually something they promised to do back in 2018 so shouldn’t have surprised anyone):

It’s hilarious to see the right wing in uproar over something Labor promised they would do and now returning to a stance held by almost every country on earth apart from the US and a few of their lackeys.

It’s also refreshing to see foreign policy conducted without having domestic political objectives as the priority.
There was no easy way to do this. If you consult - Jewish conservatives and right wing media were going to lose their s**t and try and stop it. You don't consult, Jewish conservatives and right wing media were going to lose their s**t, but at least it is already done.

Typical political booby trap left by Morrison. 99% of people barely care and a very loud minority were always going to make a s**t load of noise. And the only reason Morrison did it was to scoop up a few easy votes. "Everything is politics"

Meanwhile the status of occupied territories remains unresolved and a two state solution remains unresolved.

Last edited:
There was no easy way to do this. If you consult - Jewish conservatives and right wing media were going to lose their s**t and try and stop it. You don't consult, Jewish conservatives and right wing media were going to lose their s**t, but at least it is already done.

Australia barely has a relationship with Israel. Far more important to have good relations with our neighbours Indonesia and Malaysia and they were not happy with Morrison’s initial actions.

And the only reason Morrison did it was a scope up a few easy votes. "Everything is politics"

Yes Morrison did it in an attempt to win Wentworth (which is why Allegra Spender also criticised Labor over this, but no other teal).

But also for Morrison there is the evangelical element. Christian Evangelicals believe the Bible requires Israel to be in control of Jerusalem for end times prophecies to occur. No doubt that would’ve been in Morrison’s mind in this decision.

Glad to see the new Australian government places good relations with our neighbours above biblical end times prophecies.

I'm really happy this was done.
Absolutely pathetic brown-nosing and vote begging from scomo when he moved the embassy.

She got owned on the subject she tried to score points on and has been belittled
She proved that the Tories have a tin ear about this stuff. They are playing identity politics which I thought they hated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Brits still love to talk about the glories of Empire I don't think it's unfair for people to also point out that it wasn't all cricket, and gin and tonics particularly if you were a person of colour. Chuckfest 23 is going to turbo charge this debate in the next few months anyway, Wong is just ahead of the game as usual.

I don't disagree that the Brits need to do more about their extremely large role in western colonialism but it's pretty laughable that Wong thinks we're in a position to point fingers at anyone else in this country

I don't disagree that the Brits need to do more about their extremely large role in western colonialism but it's pretty laughable that Wong thinks we're in a position to point fingers at anyone else in this country
I am so, so sick of the accusation of hypocrisy being treated as meaningful criticism. "He who is without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus has a lot to answer for.

I am so, so sick of the accusation of hypocrisy being treated as meaningful criticism. "He who is without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus has a lot to answer for.
We talk a big game internationally but we don't back it up with actions at home.

Would she make the same speech here about Australia's history of colonialism?

I'm not saying you have to be squeaky clean to criticise others, after all if you do it you know what it looks like.

Nothing she said was incorrect, I agree with what she said, I'd like to hear her say the same things about us to our own media though

We talk a big game internationally but we don't back it up with actions at home.

Would she make the same speech here about Australia's history of colonialism?
Australia's shitty history of cultural and actual genocide against our indigenous population does not mean that the British don't owe a substantial debt for their own actions during their colonial era. Everything we have done can be laid at their feet; they put us here. We're still a British colony, even after Federation.

The point being: her potential hypocrisy doesn't touch the criticisms she made. A murderer might be profoundly hypocritical when they say that murder is wrong, but that doesn't mean they're incorrect when they say it. A flat earther might assert that the sun has come up, but their being a flat earther doesn't affect the observation.

Hypocrisy doesn't make one wrong.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

"Um... Jesus, the person's a cannibal, and is proud of it. You're proud of it, aren't you?"

"Yep. Would do it again. I'm thinking of doing it again right now. You banned pork, after all."

"Can I throw the stone now? Do I need to think of my status as a sinning mortal right this very moment? Isn't that what confession's for?"

"No, you misunderstand. You're all guilty of sin-"

"But there's got to be a limit, right? Am I, a humble person attending a stoning, going to be as culpable as a commander of an army or a serial cannibal or a rapist? When can I start to judge someone for what they've done?"

"Vengeance is mine, says the Lord!"

"Well, vengeance might be yours mate, but at some point you've kind of got to draw the line. After all, in roughly 1900 years a few priests might need a bit of judging them going on. One of them might even be an archbishop."

"..."
I'm not saying you have to be squeaky clean to criticise others, after all if you do it you know what it looks like.

Nothing she said was incorrect, I agree with what she said, I'd like to hear her say the same things about us to our own media though
So would I.

I had to search deeply for what Wong had said exactly that had triggered so much conservative rage, I’d thought she’d said she was glad the Queen was dead or something given how outraged they were.

What she said:

Drawing from her own past, Malaysian-born Senator Wong said countries with a colonial past like the UK would not find common ground if they remained “sheltered in narrower version” of their histories.

She recounted the story of how her father – descended from Hakka and Cantonese Chinese “laboured” for the British North Borneo company in tin mines and tobacco and timber plantations.

“Many worked as domestic servants for British colonists, as did my own grandmother,” Senator Wong said.

“Such stories can sometimes feel uncomfortable – for those whose stories they are, and for those who hear them.

“But understanding the past enables us to better share the present and the future.”

And, like most things Wong does, she’s totally correct.

I find it hilarious that the Anglosphere is arguing about how righteous they were to colonise Asia (and the world) and how Asians should remain forever subservient as a sign of gratitude.

If there’s one thing Asian nations can’t stand it’s westerners acting like colonialists. They don’t want to be lectured on their policy by the AUKUS. They want to run their part of the world and have no sympathy for those in far flung lands acting as if it’s their backyard. The ASEAN nations were mightily miffed when that was announced.

At least Wong got this right. We need to disassociate this nation with the Caucasian Anglosphere:

Senator Wong said that Australia now saw itself as “being in” and “being of” the Indo-Pacific.

GO PENNY! (Although I’d describe it more accurately as Indo-Asia-Pacific).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back