Society/Culture People are offended. Should geelong be stripped of the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

They have broken the mcgs offensive behaviour laws. Lots of people are offended. Will selwood and dangers careers be forever tarnished by this?

now you may say those who are offended are being ridiculous and showing terrible logical reasoning. And you would in my subjective view be effing right.

But how are we to objectively determine which offense is just and what is not?

If we are going to be a society that punishes people for offending people rather then for intent or physical/financial outcomes then how do we determine which offense is just and which is not? I dont think there is a way.

the question for you.

do you believe offense of others alone is a just basis to punish someone for their behaviours?

and if your answer is yes to above, is all offense justified and punishable or just some offense? And if you answer yes to the latter how do you determine justified offense vs unjustified?

Geelong fans desperate for attention. I’ll admit also, papers and media were pretty quick to not give a s**t and move on also. BF fans clinging to some sort of recognition.

Some people make a real effort to find offense in minutiae. I thought it was pretty funny.

In the right context nothing should be out of bounds, including jokes about minority groups. Intent is the most important thing.

I love how the OP managed to do another whiny right wing culture warrior post which could have contained full on rwnj bingo with "woke" "cancel culture" "sjw" liberally applied but managed instead to be another low grade ridiculous straw man comparison to attempt by slack logic to justify assholes being assholes and being honest to god offensive campaigners without using those terms.

That, I think, shows some degree of linguistic skill if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back