People who don't enjoy motorsport are losers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes they are and you know it! I've just come across a lot of it just recently, on the boards on this site, listening to radio, dumb-arse b**** Rita Panahi, spent her time on SEN and MTR on friday smashing Bathurst, and motorsport generally. Whenever you hear this, do you ever get a sense of real hatred for it? I mean, if you don't like it, just shut the f*** up and move on. I've found there's a nasty edge when someone knocks motorsport, have a look at all the s*** (unfairly) the GP cops!

With sports I don't enjoy, I just work my way around it, accept that it may be topical, and give it respect (in my own way). But not some of the idiots that disrespect "our" sport! I'll use SEN for my examples. B**** Rita Panahi was, as I've stated, smashing Bathurst on friday, while at the same time crapping on about how great Rugby is! Taking in account that some of you may enjoy Rugby, there's no way someone can state motosport being boring while, at the same time, think Rugby is enjoyable? Im-pos-si-ble!

Mark Allen enjoys Golf and thinks motor racing is boring! What? You can't be serious! His mate, Mark Fine, who I've listened to enough to know he doesn't enjoy motorsport, but isn't a big enough fruitcake to openly pot it and even gives it some time on his show, however token it may be and that's cool, I respect that, not forcing him, or anyone to like it, it just seems that people who do whack it , really give it a real good hit, and are never given just as big a smack back, well, that stops now and starts with this thread...

You get some who just dont see it as a sport, dont see the strategy/skill of it.
Then you get some who have jumped on the green bandwagon.

Yes they are and you know it! I've just come across a lot of it just recently, on the boards on this site, listening to radio, dumb-arse b**** Rita Panahi, spent her time on SEN and MTR on friday smashing Bathurst, and motorsport generally. Whenever you hear this, do you ever get a sense of real hatred for it? I mean, if you don't like it, just shut the f*** up and move on. I've found there's a nasty edge when someone knocks motorsport, have a look at all the s*** (unfairly) the GP cops!

With sports I don't enjoy, I just work my way around it, accept that it may be topical, and give it respect (in my own way). But not some of the idiots that disrespect "our" sport! I'll use SEN for my examples. B**** Rita Panahi was, as I've stated, smashing Bathurst on friday, while at the same time crapping on about how great Rugby is! Taking in account that some of you may enjoy Rugby, there's no way someone can state motosport being boring while, at the same time, think Rugby is enjoyable? Im-pos-si-ble!

Mark Allen enjoys Golf and thinks motor racing is boring! What? You can't be serious! His mate, Mark Fine, who I've listened to enough to know he doesn't enjoy motorsport, but isn't a big enough fruitcake to openly pot it and even gives it some time on his show, however token it may be and that's cool, I respect that, not forcing him, or anyone to like it, it just seems that people who do whack it , really give it a real good hit, and are never given just as big a smack back, well, that stops now and starts with this thread...

Very well said. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Personally, I detest horse racing, and I'll do anything to avoid having to watch or listen to news or coverage about the Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup, Melbourne Cup ... whatever. But I don't go about bashing something I don't happen to enjoy.

Sure, there are people that don't like motorsports, but instead of bashing it, they should instead try giving it a wide berth ...

Good point. Motor sport appears second only to politicians for attracting viewers who do nothing but rubbish. Funny thing is we can live without politicians but not chequered flags.:eek:

Some really good points raised in this thread and motorsport often seems to be unfairly targeted and knocked. "Oh but they only drive around in circles" seems to be the common catchcry. And rugby is just a bunch of blokes running into each other throwing a ball around and diving on the ground. Netball is just chicks throwing a ball through a hoop, whoop-de-doo. Footy, so some guys run around kicking a ball, big deal. See how easy it is to over-simplify sport you don't like? Some people have no idea and should keep their trap shut.

You get some who just dont see it as a sport, dont see the strategy/skill of it.

That's really true. Also, so many people just don't get how physical motorsport actually is. I know I end up exhausted doing track days at Phillip Island and that's only doing 8 or 9 laps in 20 minute sessions at a fairly 'relaxed' pace. To be competitive at any semi-serious level you have to be very fit, physically and mentally. Troy Bayliss was reknowned for his incredible fitness to the point where it was said he was capable of competing and completing the Tour de France. Rita would do well to spend a day with Tander or Whincup and see how hard they train like any other sportsperson to get to the top of their profession. Should also send her out on a track (on her own of course with fireys and paramedics on standby) and tell her to cut 10 laps as fast as she can an see how exhausted she comes back in.

If you ever want someone to appreciate how hard motor racing can be (those who think its just driving...), make them watch this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-eiKYyVr2A

(btw - maybe someone who knows how could post it properly) cheers

To post it properly, grab the link from your browser..

You'll get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-eiKYyVr2A

the second last tab from left to right on the list of tabs on your add post box to the left of the last tab shh and the right of the # is the you tube tag .

When you press it you'll get you tube tags like you'd get quote tags when you use that

Paste the adrees in there. but only the part i'll highlight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-eiKYyVr2A

then press preview post to see if it worked..

If your youtube address has the & feature on the end get rid of that to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sxg39qPaA8&feature=relmfu

again the bit highlighted is all you need.

[YOUTUBE]G-eiKYyVr2A[/YOUTUBE]

And another thing that people so easily overlook.

In Australian football, if you make a mistake, you record a clanger. At worst give up a goal.

In motor racing if you make a mistake you almost certainly damage a minimum 30-50k maximum multi million dollar piece of equipment and worst case can very easily die or be maimed.

The precision demanded and potential consequences far outdo that of any ball sport.

And another thing that people so easily overlook.

In Australian football, if you make a mistake, you record a clanger. At worst give up a goal.

In motor racing if you make a mistake you almost certainly damage a minimum 30-50k maximum multi million dollar piece of equipment and worst case can very easily die or be maimed.

The precision demanded and potential consequences far outdo that of any ball sport.

Even then the money side is the least important aspect (for high profile motor racing at least). In motor racing, one mistake often means game over. Imagine if footy was like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a huge appreciation of what they do, tv doesnt do it justice, wasnt until I saw the V8s live up close that I realised how incredible they drive with such presicion and concentration.

The telecast has also improved giving greater insight. I couldnt sit and watch every race (i dont like it that much) but the coverage of Bathurst is just super I reckon. The behind the scenes coverage showing how technical and complicated these machines are makes it a lot more interesting.

Any opinions on Jill Singer's article, that it's our fault (the fans) for the death of Wheldon and Simoncelli? Were so morbid! :rolleyes:
It made me so angry the more I thought about it, I find it hard to convey in words. It was lazy journalism based on generalisations, prejudice and appalling heartlessness. Perhaps if she attended a round of this "legitimised form of road carnage" she would actually understand the attraction and what the fans actually go for. But that would require leaving her home office and risk being hurt living life. :mad:

If you think motorsport fans have it hard try being a football/soccer fan

At least your not told to go back to your own country where you belong because you follow motorsport....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back