Joe Atley

Remove this Banner Ad

That sidestep looked awfully familiar, haven't seen it for a few years but the comparison to the skipper might not be too far off the mark.

Keep him in the side a few weeks Ken if he was overawed by 30k Eagles supporters give the lad a chance to hear NTUA in front of a packed Adelaide Oval full of fans cheering for him.

Watching the replay, he was better than I thought at the game. Caught holding the ball twice (one was bullshit) and made a horrendous turnover in the corridor but other than that he was pretty solid, especially with his in close handballs.

Watching the replay, he was better than I thought at the game. Caught holding the ball twice (one was bullshit) and made a horrendous turnover in the corridor but other than that he was pretty solid, especially with his in close handballs.
I watched the replay several times lol.
Joe's first touch was a quick handball to Boak who handballed to Wingard ............ Goal :D

I watched the replay several times lol.
Joe's first touch was a quick handball to Boak who handballed to Wingard ............ Goal :D
Nope, first touch was a quick give on the wing (like, right on the boundary line), with a follow up shepherd.

The other thing to note is that although he made a few mistakes, they were mistakes made right in the middle of packs against a midfield boasting high quality players like Shuey and Gaff to go with their two Brownlow medalists. It was hardly Ben Jacobs kicking the ball OOF in twenty metres of space or anything like that.

Doesn't look overawed. I love his niggle and that he is willing to give plenty. Seems like that kind of player that you respect but hate when they play for the opposition. Leave him in for a few more weeks Ken!
He's a real team player. Will develop beautifully. Hard for a predominantly inside player to stand out in his first year. SPP is a more rounded mid.

Just needs to find the right balance between handballing and kicking when in space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look overawed. I love his niggle and that he is willing to give plenty. Seems like that kind of player that you respect but hate when they play for the opposition. Leave him in for a few more weeks Ken!
Agree; will be important come finals - won't shirk the contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back