News Riley Bonner departs for St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

So Riley should probably get the Rising Star nom this round? Sorry Roosy, he was better than Jayden Hunt.

It's called lack of system forcing players into a nothing kick. Is it really that hard to understand?
Yes

I don't think you understand what causes a system to break down, so it obviously is difficult to understand.

Tom Barrass of West Coast a certainty this week.

Would love to see Bonner play early next season and earn a nomination then. Hopefully he works his ass off in pre-season and comes into the round 1 side.
Barrass will get it and had a really good game but if it was on a single performance that Brayden Fiorrini had one of the best individual games from a youngster this season against us last night.

Really excited by how well Bonner did in his debut last night, the lad has a lot of composure down back, can defend/tackle & knows when to leave his opponent and go for an attacking run.

We all knew he's got a booming kick on him but that can become a real weapon once he gets a better feel for the speed of the game & despite playing his first game he wasn't afraid to take a kick out either which was impressive.

If he works his way into our best 22 early next year I don't see any reason not to play Hartlett more forward of centre, Riley has all the skills to do everything Harts does as a back flank/wingman probably better because he finds it more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I saw him tonight I was like 'WTF why is tanned Chad Wingard playing off half-back?? Damn you Hink...oh'

Pretty good first game. Looking forward to seeing more of him after another pre-season!
I immediately saw a young Grant Burchill..after a full pre season, second yr at the club, knowing the surrounds, players etc he will be a player. Composed great kick already happy to take the game on. Well done on game 1...another 200 to come and just slotted in without being flustered. P37 a STEAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back