Past 26. Harrison Macreadie

Remove this Banner Ad

The interest in this bloke has died out a bit since the press conference video rolled out, and I can't help but notice that the BF podcast touched on a perceived issue with Harrison.

I recommend everybody go back and watch the press conference again: watch his pacing of his speech patterns, and his concentration and eye contact. He has a lisp and a rough looking head, but I don't think it's fair to suggest anything else, at all.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-11-30/press-conference-polson-macreadie (from 1:55 onwards)
By the very virtue of making the referencing you are immediately assuming something. Dont rate this comment at all.

The interest in this bloke has died out a bit since the press conference video rolled out, and I can't help but notice that the BF podcast touched on a perceived issue with Harrison.

I recommend everybody go back and watch the press conference again: watch his pacing of his speech patterns, and his concentration and eye contact. He has a lisp and a rough looking head, but I don't think it's fair to suggest anything else, at all.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-11-30/press-conference-polson-macreadie (from 1:55 onwards)
So what your suggesting is to not judge a book by it's cover?

Ground breaking!

Well I was trying to be polite about it, but everyone is now being dumb and assuming I'm trying to suggest something. A Forrest Gump joke was made on the podcast, I'm rebutting the joke.

Incredible half-reading and pile on of my post though, when we need a salvo of outrage, I'll hit you guys up.

Well I was trying to be polite about it, but everyone is now being dumb and assuming I'm trying to suggest something. A Forrest Gump joke was made on the podcast, I'm rebutting the joke.

Incredible half-reading and pile on of my post though, when we need a salvo of outrage, I'll hit you guys up.
I don't think you said anything wrong mate, some people on here sometimes I feel just want to pick a fight or reply for the sake of replying... I once had a negative opinion on Walker and I got roasted!!

I don't think you said anything wrong mate, some people on here sometimes I feel just want to pick a fight or reply for the sake of replying... I once had a negative opinion on Walker and I got roasted!!
I don't mind a bit of fire, but people were quoting me as though I'd said the exact opposite of what I was saying.

SOS would've had an eye on this kid since U16 days and known exactly what he's getting here. ;)

Lol c'mon Jim, this is a little absurd

He's got a bit of the Gomer Pile's about him

0a1a79d04ddb23ed916ae18e02b49a9b.jpg

Some kids are born with confidence and the gift of the gab. Some have to work on it and still struggle (I'm in this category myself).
You can't just pluck a kid out of school and expect them to be a natural in front of a camera. I'd be more interested in how he is behind closed doors with his teammates and how he plays on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got a bit of the Gomer Pile's about him

0a1a79d04ddb23ed916ae18e02b49a9b.jpg

Gomer was the one I was going to say on the podcast but thought it might be a bit too outdated for most. Bit country, always smiling.

I did go to great pains to explain it away as excitement and he was paired up with the best speaker of all the recruits in Polson.

Mea culpa.

In the podcast I deliberately made mention of his performance in the press conference, but only because he was in stark contrast to Polson, who was an incredibly slick performer.

I don't remember exactly what was said, but I do remember feeling that section of the podcast turned a bit nastier than I/we had planned. I regretted it immediately and wasn't sure if it could be edited out of the podcast.

As others have said; He looks like a good talent, and as long as he puts in the hard yards, I'm a fan.

Side note: not everybody is a natural public speaker, regardless of age. Even harsher to expect an 18yo kid to shine in an interview.

Anyways, HMac MKII...good luck buddy, I am excited to see you at our club (and you look excited to be here). May you have long, successful career at Carlton!

I thought he spoke and performed well in that interview as have all the recruits. Very impressed
I'm really excited by Harrison and think we have picked up a beauty!

Actually I thought the same thing. For a country kid I thought he handled himself admirably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah probably not the best pairing the highly articulate CP with the shy-ish country kid.

I took more out of CP's really slick performance - hopefully that translates to on-field footy IQ

The Gomer reference was pretty funny, plenty of newbies speak like HMac did....remember Ant Rocca's 1st appearance on the footy show when the Pies recruited him, made HMac seem like CP!!!

Gomer-ness aside, the thing I did take out of his interview was just how genuinely happy he was to be picked up by us and excitedly recalling how he hoped GWS didn't match the bid...the joy of youth eh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back