Player Watch Pick #59 (2022) - Kyle Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips thinks there is something special about Kyle, rates him a real steal, genuine 200cm, lightning quick, good agility, good power in terms of jumping capacity. Admittedly skinny and will take a bit of development time. Likened him to Toby Thurstans in terms of stage of development at drafting.

Phillips thinks there is something special about Kyle, rates him a real steal, genuine 200cm, lightning quick, good agility, good power in terms of jumping capacity. Admittedly skinny and will take a bit of development time. Likened him to Toby Thurstans in terms of stage of development at drafting.
Hope he doesn't take 6 years to debut like Toby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds a bit like a taller Matthew Bishop. 👍

Brenton Phillips is an excellent judge of talent.
View attachment 1567355

2d9a4c19cac9a0a93a44c78f8d2e9558.jpg

Talking to someone earlier in the week who has a bit to do with the club who is adamant Kyle Marshall is clearly the pick of our draftees long term.
Apparently does everthing at a really high standard.
Has anyone noticed it him at the open sessions?
At the open training sessions Scully is the clear standout and then McCallam. Kyle moves well but he needs to put on some muscle be able to compete with key forwards. In the latest open training match practice I noticed a big step up in his reading of the play, intercepting and ability to get involved in generating some attack from defence. He looked very promising in that session and more confident in himself.

Talking to someone earlier in the week who has a bit to do with the club who is adamant Kyle Marshall is clearly the pick of our draftees long term.
Apparently does everthing at a really high standard.
Has anyone noticed it him at the open sessions?
Yeah, very good long termer

Anyone who runs like he does in and at his height gets me excited

Yeah, very good long termer

Anyone who runs like he does in and at his height gets me excited
Looking forward to seeing him at the Trial Game.
As a 200cm KPD you would think he will be one of the first to get an opportunity based on a needs basis.
Just depends on how quickly he can develop a body that can withstand an AFL game.

Is he the sort who might have benefited from being able to play some reserves footy as the SANFL might be too much initially?

Once upon a time. Trying to think of an sanfl forward line that would be all that intimidating nowadays? I'm guessing he's healthy and put on a few kilos in a professional environment?
He's training with Marshall/SPP etc?
He's probably OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back