Pick two

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Treacy and Liam Henry for me.

We need Treacy to come good otherwise we’ve only got one KPF for the future.

The Liam Henry that was advertised could be a big difference maker that could be the difference between top six and top four, top four and a Grand Final etc.

Josh Treacy and Liam Henry for me.

We need Treacy to come good otherwise we’ve only got one KPF for the future.

The Liam Henry that was advertised could be a big difference maker that could be the difference between top six and top four, top four and a Grand Final etc.
Liam was a win for Carlton..
I'm resigned to the fact and I won't be shedding another tear or ounce of anxiety..
Well played Carlton. 😭

Im going to say Fyfe and Jackson.
Jackson has genuine potential to become THE best player in the competition. If he does he will be unstoppable anywhere on the field causing mayhem.
Fyfe with 50 goals would feel like 100 and lift the team on his shoulders to premiership glory Hollywood style.

Im going to say Fyfe and Jackson.
Jackson has genuine potential to become THE best player in the competition. If he does he will be unstoppable anywhere on the field causing mayhem.
Fyfe with 50 goals would feel like 100 and lift the team on his shoulders to premiership glory Hollywood style.

Not sure about best player in the competition tbh. Having that he’s got the potential to be the type of player no one else has which could be just as much as a weapon.

Not sure about best player in the competition tbh. Having that he’s got the potential to be the type of player no one else has which could be just as much as a weapon.

If he breaks out he just might. His athletic profile plus a 25% improvement in output in all round performance would turn him from potental into juggernaut.

Matt Johnson and either Jye Amiss or Josh Traecy.

Johnson is a mid. Should of got a game in 2022, even if it was off the bench. Could be anything.

Freo has depth in the tall forward line. Luke Jackson and Matt Taberner can play as the Full forward being double teamed.

Josh Corbett at 190cm can play as CHF or as a 3rd tall. So can Amiss and Tracy. But with development, one of Amiss or Traecy needs to get a good 10-15 games in 2023 to strengthen the forward line.

Jackson & Freddy or Freddie Jackson if that’s your kinda jam…

Jackson because he could be anything, love to see him become a genuine threat when he’s forward. Take the pressure of Tabs an Amiss. Plus make the 2 first rounders seem like unders especially if we finish higher by result of him dominating.

And even tho I think Freddy had a breakout year id like to think there’s a more in him. There’s a lot of talk about moving him up onto a wing, but I’d prefer the club tried to use him like the lions use Cameron. Similar attributes. Isolate him one out in the 50 and watch him put the Jets on to beat his man more often.
If CC can boot 54, I’d dare say that Freddy could net 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...i want to see a cup this year.
I was going to say this, if it's a forward looking 'two' then hard to past some combination of Amiss/Treacy/Sturt.

If it's about 2023 then I'd pick Amiss and Fyfe, the former delivering to his potential this early would radically change our forward line, and I truly believe people forget how good Fyfe was, he's disruptive when he's going.

Matt Johnson and either Jye Amiss or Josh Traecy.

Johnson is a mid. Should of got a game in 2022, even if it was off the bench. Could be anything.

Freo has depth in the tall forward line. Luke Jackson and Matt Taberner can play as the Full forward being double teamed.

Josh Corbett at 190cm can play as CHF or as a 3rd tall. So can Amiss and Tracy. But with development, one of Amiss or Traecy needs to get a good 10-15 games in 2023 to strengthen the forward line.
What game do you think Johnson should have played?

It's funny, when I think about who I really want to go well, I'm overly influenced by who I'm most worried about not making it. I need Jackson to make it because I don't think I could handle another Freo trade fail. And Henry...he could be an absolute star. He looks like he has all the skills, seems super dedicated, but just struggles to impose himself on the contest. He reminds me a little of Jack Watts in that way but really hope the extra muscle and another year of development fixes the issue.

So yeah, based solely on my neurosis rather than reality, Jackson and Henry.

What game do you think Johnson should have played?
Various home games I can think of..... But one of...

Our early home game vs North Melbourne where Tracy and Amiss. We were always gonna win that.

Any game vs the swans, Collingwood or Melbourne. I had a gut feeling we were gonna lose to swans and demons at home regardless.

Johnson should of got a debut game in 2022. He will in 2023

Treacy and Johnson. If both are fit this yet I reckon they’ll cement their spots in the 22 (23) and become real contributors.

id love it to be Amiss, but I think he’s realistically another season or 2 away Despite the promising signs last year

Cox and shooter

Coxy - oh how they laughed at me when I said you will be our best player when Fyfe drops away as a torrent of s**t rained down about your attitude and lackadaisical nature along with a few ‘ I hope I never see him in a Freo jumper again ‘ comments thrown in …….it’s within your reach mate

Shooter - my DH brother wanted you gone before the finals …. idiot , I’m pretty sure I’m adopted and no one told me. So there we were , looking like being held scoreless in a AFL semifinal and who steps up and at least prevented another high watermark of embarrassment for the Dockers ?

Shooter S Shultz that’s who

Fyfe - To reinvent himself as a weapon in the forward line. Nothing would feel more right than to see our two warriors Fyfe & Walters lead that forward line to the ultimate success.

Switta - Always 0-100 and maximum effort he just needs to stay on the park to have that breakout AA season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back