Picola & District FL 3rds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

whats the latest in the north west comp looks like deni and berrigan are the 2 sides to beat blighty have deffently droped of from last year and strathy arnt doing to bad picked up a couple of handy new fooballers will be very interesting come the end of the year:thumbsu:

whats the latest in the north west comp looks like deni and berrigan are the 2 sides to beat blighty have deffently droped of from last year and strathy arnt doing to bad picked up a couple of handy new fooballers will be very interesting come the end of the year:thumbsu:

dunno mate, go check out the thread on the north comp. since the league split i pretty much lost interest in the north side. but i did notice berrigan is going well. is their going to be a thirds south east vs north west interleague game? would be good to compare the different divisions

I was talking to the interleague coach scott greig i cant see there being a game with SE v NW but there will be a trial match at the selection day.

This there is a squad of 40 picked to play/train in may the squad should be in the book next week.

Katandra will get up by 8 goals v kutunga this week, after a poor game V Waaia think big camo would of trained the boys hard.

as for dookie we have 4-6 out of our side this week v katty.

number of players will be in the ones and there is a hand full sidelined due to injury.

will be a great game definately game of the round but i think katandra have too many bigger bodies that can run i think katunga will struggle containing them. kats by 2 goals i reckon.
once again katandra struggled to be at their best in only winning by 5 points. the kats had plenty of injuries throughout the match, cam hickey, tyson marsden came off at some stage, sidebottom only played about 5 minutes of thirds. but besides this, katunga have plenty of run from their midfield in elliot small and jarred hicks, our midfield probably isnt fast enough.
if katandra keep playing like this, i say enjoy 2nd spot while it lasts

Hank2 good teams seem to win games even when they are playing bad football, e.g. last years grand final tunga should have smashed dookie we played the worst game of the year but got over the line.

So maybe it’s a good sign for the Kats if they can still win when playing bad.

Dookie result was probably the best this year for the team, missing
(c)Andy O’Connor Seniors
Kaiden Antonovitch Seniors
Alexis Lucetcini Away
Jimmy O injured
Jimmy Harma Injured
Ben Feldtman Injured
Mitch Hayes Rested
(VC)Jacob O’Connor only played 10mins due split head

With all these players out all the younger players had to step up and they did, which just shows the depth we currently have.

Picked up a new player James Claney, not the most gifted player but is 6ft 4 and very strong.

Hank2 good teams seem to win games even when they are playing bad football, e.g. last years grand final tunga should have smashed dookie we played the worst game of the year but got over the line.

So maybe it’s a good sign for the Kats if they can still win when playing bad.

Dookie result was probably the best this year for the team, missing
(c)Andy O’Connor Seniors
Kaiden Antonovitch Seniors
Alexis Lucetcini Away
Jimmy O injured
Jimmy Harma Injured
Ben Feldtman Injured
Mitch Hayes Rested
(VC)Jacob O’Connor only played 10mins due split head

With all these players out all the younger players had to step up and they did, which just shows the depth we currently have.

Picked up a new player James Claney, not the most gifted player but is 6ft 4 and very strong.

If he is anything like he is at cricket then he is a spud

As i said not the most gifted player but 6ft 4 maybe 90-100kgs going to be hard to match up on, gives us now 5 ruckmen.

Even if his a spud he will still make our side stronger, with big scott greig n the other coaches at dookie training him he might turn out 1 of ur best forwards.

heard today that there was a massive brawl in the dookie tungamah game which ended up havin a kid put into a seizure and rushed into hospital..guessing the game got called off coz now katandra are on top of the ladder and it says it was a drawn game..any info on this strawny?

There have been so many stories going around about what happen Saturday.

I can’t say to much as i think it has now gone to an investigation.
It was not an all in it was one on one, and the Tunga boy came off second best.

Full credit has to go to the trainers who looked after the player.
As i said cant say to much but i think there will be some very interesting results from the investigation.

This week take on the Kats for top spot; I think Antonowicz will be back from the ones not sure about Andy O’Connor.

Yeah but it was just very unlucky in what happen. Stay tuned because this will be a very long investigation.

There have been so many stories going around about what happen Saturday.

I can’t say to much as i think it has now gone to an investigation.
It was not an all in it was one on one, and the Tunga boy came off second best.

Full credit has to go to the trainers who looked after the player.
As i said cant say to much but i think there will be some very interesting results from the investigation.

This week take on the Kats for top spot; I think Antonowicz will be back from the ones not sure about Andy O’Connor.

Yeah but it was just very unlucky in what happen. Stay tuned because this will be a very long investigation.

na fair enough mate..has the kid involved been suspended by the club or are they just leaving it up to the league to sort it out?

Im not sure what the go is with the club or the league. Its going to be a very long week.

But our focus is now shifted to this weeks game, best way for the club to bounce back is to get a win over the katandra.

Its going to be a very good game wats everyones thoughts on this game and also tunga shepp east.

Im not sure what the go is with the club or the league. Its going to be a very long week.

But our focus is now shifted to this weeks game, best way for the club to bounce back is to get a win over the katandra.

Its going to be a very good game wats everyones thoughts on this game and also tunga shepp east.

Dookie will beat Katandra by 7 goals. Katandra have had a fairly easy draw up untill this week. Katandra's closest game was a 5 point win over katunga, who currently sit 4th. other than that game, katandra have flogged all the lower sides. katandra are playing dookie and shepp east in the next 2 weeks, so i would expect them to lose both these games by 5-10 goals and will drop to third on the ladder. Shepp east will be to strong for tungamah and katunga will beat rennie. i think the hardest tip this round is the waaia v katty game. i would like to see waaia get a win but katty will be to strong with the likes of ollie ross and tom clurey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will be a great game i reckon..if katandra can finally pull together 4 qtrs of strong hard football id say it will be a very close game thats our biggest downfall at the moment. will andy oconnor and kaiden antowitczh be comin back down to 3rds?
i think shepp east will be to strong for tunga they looked very poor when we played them they should get up by over 6 goals :thumbsu:

I cant see andy being dropped any time soon they love him up in the ones. Im 90% sure Kaiden Antonowicz will be back this week and except for andy i think we are at full strength.

Will see where both sides are at this weekend but think dookie will be to strong just with depth of the side being the only reason.

I cant see andy being dropped any time soon they love him up in the ones. Im 90% sure Kaiden Antonowicz will be back this week and except for andy i think we are at full strength.

Will see where both sides are at this weekend but think dookie will be to strong just with depth of the side being the only reason.
also dookies spine is a lot bigger than ours with bovell, dimitropoulas,feldtman, ed mackenzie,declan ryan. and as you said, you have 5 ruckmen now.
no one is barely over 6 foot except sidebottom, plus your midfield is faster.

Dookie V Katandra seemed like a finals match with both teams going hard all day.
It score didnt reflect how hard the game was from a dookie point of view.
We lost Jimmy Ocallagen with a shoulder so would say he will miss about 4-5 weeks. ben feldtman is still another 6-8 weeks off from playing.

Sam Wellims and andy o'connor both will hold there spots in the ones i wouls say.

Shepp east V Katandra will be a very good game if katandra can kick the first 3 goals they will break east as they seem to drop there heads easy and go the man.

Dookie V Katandra seemed like a finals match with both teams going hard all day.
It score didnt reflect how hard the game was from a dookie point of view.
We lost Jimmy Ocallagen with a shoulder so would say he will miss about 4-5 weeks. ben feldtman is still another 6-8 weeks off from playing.

Sam Wellims and andy o'connor both will hold there spots in the ones i wouls say.

Shepp east V Katandra will be a very good game if katandra can kick the first 3 goals they will break east as they seem to drop there heads easy and go the man.

yeah spot on strawny katandra waisted alot of oppurtunities when they had possesion of the footy we probly had 50% of the play but just waisted our oppurtunities and dookie just used it alot better than us

Any news from the investigation into the Tunga-Dookie match? I've heard there were some txt msgs flying round before the game? Any truth to the rumor?

Im not sure bout the texts, I know the tunga boys had alot of angry feelings towards dookie because the grandfinal last year. Not sure if they took it as far a threats over the phone.
i just wish the investigation would hurry up. Its been 3 weeks and still nothing pretty poor i think.

Lets get off this topic until the final report comes out.

Dookie srtuggled Vs kutunga last week with 7 top players out due to bushrangers 1s and injury.
Elliot Small is a gun and would be happy to see him win the league medal.

Now that everyone has played each othe once whats everyones thoughts on the following.

TOP 5: Dookie Shepp East Katandra Kutunga Katty
Grandfinal:Dookie v Shepp East
Result: Dookie by 25points
League Medal: Elliot Small Lachy Sidebottom Kayden Antonowicz
Biggest Headline Of The Year: The Outcome of Dookie V Tunga investigation

Im not sure bout the texts, I know the tunga boys had alot of angry feelings towards dookie because the grandfinal last year. Not sure if they took it as far a threats over the phone.
i just wish the investigation would hurry up. Its been 3 weeks and still nothing pretty poor i think.

Lets get off this topic until the final report comes out.

Dookie srtuggled Vs kutunga last week with 7 top players out due to bushrangers 1s and injury.
Elliot Small is a gun and would be happy to see him win the league medal.

Now that everyone has played each othe once whats everyones thoughts on the following.

TOP 5: Dookie Shepp East Katandra Kutunga Katty
Grandfinal:Dookie v Shepp East
Result: Dookie by 25points
League Medal: Elliot Small Lachy Sidebottom Kayden Antonowicz
Biggest Headline Of The Year: The Outcome of Dookie V Tunga investigation
Hey Strawny who Dookie got in the U 18 Bushrangers ?
Your not getting confused with the U15 GM schoolboys who played on Sunday ?

heard the u17's interleague struggled on the weekend?
anybody want to give a report on the games, best players, players who shouldnt of been there, etc.
from what i've heard, there needs to be alot of improvement in this team if they are going to put up a good fight against the KDFL at deakin in a few weeks time.

heard the u17's interleague struggled on the weekend?
anybody want to give a report on the games, best players, players who shouldnt of been there, etc.
from what i've heard, there needs to be alot of improvement in this team if they are going to put up a good fight against the KDFL at deakin in a few weeks time.
yeh, we lost all three games oby about 3 goals, i think it shows that one training run wont cut it as i still dont know about 5 of the others names. we had 5 or 6 players out including vic country representative tom clurey, which would have been very handy. lachlan sidebottom got the bag, other solid performers i thought were andy o'connor, elliot small, kaiden antonovich and david low.

i wont say who shouldnt be in the team, cos its a bit harsh haha, but there will be a few who will struggle to keep their spot when the others come back in.
i think we may have won the second half of the match, we only started to play as a team from half time (putting on shephards, talking to eachother etc )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back