Picola & District FL SE 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would of thought 2 sides playing a game in the pre season was a "traditional practice match". The side in question was never opposed to playing sides from the other comp but would of prefered to organise a game themselves. As it turned out the opposition was from the other side of the division. See the system works....
The system may work but could work better. I believe the league was thinking outside the box Mac and trying to develop a preseason type comp NW v SE that could very likely develop into a good money spinner for clubs/league as well as retain friendly rivalry between 2 divisions.
We have some clubs play Barooga night series often against other PDFL clubs, others like Jerilderie/rennie organising practice matches. Why not look to somehow capitalise on our two Division league??

The system may work but could work better. I believe the league was thinking outside the box Mac and trying to develop a preseason type comp NW v SE that could very likely develop into a good money spinner for clubs/league as well as retain friendly rivalry between 2 divisions.
We have some clubs play Barooga night series often against other PDFL clubs, others like Jerilderie/rennie organising practice matches. Why not look to somehow capitalise on our two Division league??
On the money side of things Wilty , the gold coin donation was proposed and will be put into a slush fund as such to assist members of the league ( from any club ) shall they fall on unfortunate times due to illness , accident
It was put to clubs who supported the idea and with some stating at the time although supporting the concept wouldn't be able to participate this season due to prior arrangements , which was understable and excepted .
Would have thought contributing , to help individuals in hard times , where possible , would have been at the fore front for all in community sport , oh how times have changed .

So what's the go out of the Waaia camp? They are either playing their cards very close to their chest or there isn't much happening (which I highly doubt).... They where so close last year & with all of Shepp East's & Rennie's player departures surely they'd have to be odds on favourites for the flag? I've heard a few stories on players going there but nothing in the clearances register, so are they just waiting till the season gets a little closer before they unveil their recruits or are they just going in with their current list thinking thats enough?? Any news on departures or retirements from them??
I've been asking for on here for weeks, and got donuts!... Maybe they are just unchanged from last year, which would still leave them ahead of the pack!

Or your right, they have their cards very close! So no one tries counter recruiting

Katty. 7 / 3 Denni . 9/13
Best Katty . J Hallam . David Cossar. Daniel Cossar
J Bigg N Clurey C Aldridge
Thanks for the update Micheena, that's not a bad effort, Deni will be a pretty strong outfit this year in the NW comp.... Where both sides at reasonable full strength? How was the game, good contest or still bit scrappy?? Cheers

Strathy played waaia tonight with waaia getting up by only 2 goals in the end I do believe waaia only had 2 players out with strathy having around 10 players out due to cricket commitments ?

Strathy played waaia tonight with waaia getting up by only 2 goals in the end I do believe waaia only had 2 players out with strathy having around 10 players out due to cricket commitments ?

So who were the 2 they were missing & who were the 10 u's were missing? Just to get a gauge??

Also I here Berrigan beat Katandra by 15+ goals??

That 15 +goals win over the kats by Berrigan does not surprise (smooth one).Kats have
lost quite a few players from last year.Have you heard of any new arrivals at Kat land (cheers)

That 15 +goals win over the kats by Berrigan does not surprise (smooth one).Kats have
lost quite a few players from last year.Have you heard of any new arrivals at Kat land (cheers)

Hey swoop, yeah I know the Kats will be up against it with all their losses & not many pick ups at this stage.... The only 2 I know of that have gone there are the obvious Peter Ralph (coach) play ruck/full forward & Mick Chisholm (use to play at Rumba?) will be a handy addition across forward & back flanks plus squirts in the mid but at 32/33yrs old maybe older how much can he do?? & I'm not sure on the other 4 names in the clearances?? But hopefully they group up & put in some respectable efforts throughout the year as I know it would be killing them by being in this position!!

So who were the 2 they were missing & who were the 10 u's were missing? Just to get a gauge??

Also I here Berrigan beat Katandra by 15+ goals??

from what i seen cowan didnt play not sure on who else waaia where missing, strathmerton looked to be missing downie. luke carter, daniels. did notice dallas crowe playing for strathy so add that to the list of shep east departures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what i seen cowan didnt play not sure on who else waaia where missing, strathmerton looked to be missing downie. luke carter, daniels. did notice dallas crowe playing for strathy so add that to the list of shep east departures
Yeah theres a clearance on the PDFL site for him to strathy for about the last week.... SP that's 3 strathy boys missing (& yes very handy 1's at that), but where's the other 7-10 I keep hearing about? Where they just 2's players the other missing names??

mover strathy went in without downie,carter,laidlaw,Daniels,luci,Bunge,M.cleary,s.laidlaw,j.shannon,Limbrick,iddles.c.scollyaruv

mover strathy went in without downie,carter,laidlaw,Daniels,luci,Bunge,M.cleary,s.laidlaw,j.shannon,Limbrick,iddles.c.scollyaruv

Thats a fair piece of the side missing for strathy. Practice matches do throw up some interesting results (even though waaia won). I think the North West will be as tight as it has even been this year..

Thats better TTTT, its easy for people to get on here & say "Oh such & such lost to a near full strength blah blah & they where missing 10 plus players themselves" but if comments like that are guna be made (Especially when the 2 teams are regarded as the 1's to watch in their divisions this year) people want names not numbers.... But thanks for clearing it up, yes they are all handy senior players so if they where missing thats actually a pretty good result by the strathy boys even tho they lost in a close 1 & if waaia where only "missing 2 senior players".... :thumbsu:

Hi Guys, I know that it is short notice but due to the cancelation of our praccy match this weekend, The Violet Town FC were wondering if any club would be interested in a 6 quarter hit out at your ground, this can be played on either Sat or Sun so if interested please send me a PM and we will see what we can sort out.Cheers

Katunga had a 10 goal+ loss to murch...
Thoughs? We're they full strength?
Murch were 5 players short "apparently"

4 players, was a great hit out with the weather being kind. Katunga were great hosts. They will trouble quite a few sides this year.

I dont see them troubling to many...
Reeves looked good when he moved forward, but their forward line didnt look dangerous enough
But in saying that it's still only march

4 players, was a great hit out with the weather being kind. Katunga were great hosts. They will trouble quite a few sides this year.
Katunga had a number of players out including 4 "A" graders including there Ruckman and CHF. Also didn't have Assistant coach Wellington due to a heavy hit 10 seconds into first quarter......Murchison were a very good side and no doubt will be heavily involved at the business end of the KDFL season.

Yeah
Katunga had a number of players out including 4 "A" graders including there Ruckman and CHF. Also didn't have Assistant coach Wellington due to a heavy hit 10 seconds into first quarter......Murchison were a very good side and no doubt will be heavily involved at the business end of the KDFL season.

Who were these Agrade players? Got some names for is? Yeah it was a big hit, very late! Bit disappointing to not see a single player remonstrate,

So it's nearly here & unless clubs are planning on an Easter weekend praccy match (which I highly doubt) this is our last weekend to hone the match day skills, adapt to game plans, & gel with new teammates! So who's got praccy matches tomorrow & where? & any news on last minute surprise signings?? :thumbsu:
Shepp east take one undera at undera
Katty are heading to tally to take them boys on
That's all I've heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back