Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingly 3 commissions in the state have commenced rationalisation 'STUDIES' prior to a game being played under the sustainability program ?
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sp...s/news-story/34f957255e87f1bd572d152098a1706d

So I'm reading their mind is made up there will be some "consultation" and then an announcement that this is what everyone has happily agreed to. Timelines will be established that somehow even if you want to object it just won't be possible as the deadline passed.

Who are they trying to sustain?

Anyone wanna have a crack at potential ladder predictions? mine would be
Picola
Toc
Strathy
Blighty
Deni
------------
Jerilderie
Berrigan
Mathoura
Yarraweyah

Razor ray chamberlain alias 'the roar is back' will be head umpiring consultant of course !
The major concern at this stage would be the umpires or ex umpires I have heard they have approached.
Picola
Toc
Strathy
Blighty
Deni
------------
Jerilderie
Berrigan
Mathoura
Yarraweyah

Strathy
Picola
Tocumwal
Mathoura
Berrigan
=======
Blighty
Deniliquin
Yarroweyah
Jerilderie

Jerilderie probably finish 6th but after so long at the top its their turn at the bottom.

The major concern at this stage would be the umpires or ex umpires I have heard they have approached.

Strathy
Picola
Tocumwal
Mathoura
Berrigan
=======
Blighty
Deniliquin
Yarroweyah
Jerilderie.

Jerilderie probably finish 6th but after so long at the top its their turn at the bottom.
Jerilderie will still play finals. Yes they have lost a few but there a a number of ex premiership players returning. Jtown and strathy have been 4-5 goals at least better than the next side over the last 3years. Yes I think they will come back to the pack a little but the rest have a lot of ground to make up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jerilderie will still play finals. Yes they have lost a few but there a a number of ex premiership players returning. Jtown and strathy have been 4-5 goals at least better than the next side over the last 3years. Yes I think they will come back to the pack a little but the rest have a lot of ground to make up.

I Heard they have lost up to a dozen of players from their Seniors with only 4-5 coming in.
Brodie A'Vard, Bode, Bond, Shaun and Josh Bryce, Gregory, Keating, Andrew and Dylan May all played in the Senior Grand Final & Portbury 2nds GF have all put in clearances. Its going to be hard to replace so many players.

Strathy have also lost a handful of good players as well, O'Connor, McMillan and Coburn to name a few.

It looks to be a very interesting season with all the Ins and Outs at so many clubs but I don't see Jerilderie been able to cover all their losses, Strathy to come back a little bit with hopefully all other clubs improving for a competitive 2016

I Heard they have lost up to a dozen of players from their Seniors with only 4-5 coming in.
Brodie A'Vard, Bode, Bond, Shaun and Josh Bryce, Gregory, Keating, Andrew and Dylan May all played in the Senior Grand Final & Portbury 2nds GF have all put in clearances. Its going to be hard to replace so many players.

Strathy have also lost a handful of good players as well, O'Connor, McMillan and Coburn to name a few.

It looks to be a very interesting season with all the Ins and Outs at so many clubs but I don't see Jerilderie been able to cover all their losses, Strathy to come back a little bit with hopefully all other clubs improving for a competitive 2016

Chris Marshall, Brad Parker, Darcy Bell, Jak Payne plus a few others. They only need to land 1 or 2 late ones (which they always do) and they will still be very very competitive.

Picola
Toc
Strathy
Blighty
Deni
------------
Jerilderie
Berrigan
Mathoura
Yarraweyah

Berrigan,,, played finals last year,,, from what i can see they have lost one top 6 player in Wallis, but have gained the 2 Middleton brothers back after stints with Finley and Hawker returns after a season away in melbourne... dont know much more,, but they may well be up there come finals time..

What was the result for this match? Were there any stand out performers?

Was blighty by a few goals in the end. Tyndall and hall where both very handy for blighty and will be good for them throughout the year no doubt aswell as platfuss boys back Unfortunately for yarraweyah i think will be another struggle for them this year very young side!!

Barooga night series games last night between Strathy and Katamatite. Strathy were on top early with Katy getting back into the game in the 2nd half. Strathy by 3-4 goals. Strathy used the ball well in the first qtr keeping Katy goalless and will be a force this year. After half time rotations were in full swing and the game evened out. They look to be as good as last year with a few new faces playing well last night, Shannon and Luci played well as did a few of their younger kids. Katy might push finals depending on how many more ins they have Tyson went forward in the 2nd half and bagged a few.

Waaia and Berrigan played in the 2nd game and was a fairly competitive game until half time with Waaia putting the foot down late in the game to win by 8-9 goals with Berrigan having scored 9-10 goals themselves. Waaia look like they may match it with Tunga this year, Trower had plenty of it as did Connor Brown showing the future at Waaia is bright with a few of the older guys playing good roles as well. G.Meyland kicking 8-9 rarely missing. Berrigan on the other hand lacked a bit of forward structure after half time, the 2 Middletons looked handy through the middle had a few other positives to come out of the match. The game was marred with a few incidents late in the game with 4-5 players been sent off. Reports Heath Platfuss (Waaia) broke his arm early in the match but not confirmed.

Watched the berrigan Blighty game 2night Blighty won very comefotly
berrigan looks 2 hav a couple out with massingham Mynards n middletons
Was a long nite for the saints only positives 2 come was patten had a lot of footy n will be good for them again this yr
Looked 2 hav a fair few youngsters in so still should be there about this yr with there experienced players back but were off the pace 2night
As for Blighty they showed they have improved a hell of a lot
the platfuss boys dominated in the ruck n gave Blighty first go at the footy everytime
Tyndal had a heap of the footy n was one of best
Close was lively up forwarding kicking 3-4 goals

Big news for the PDFL with Katunga believed to have signed ex West coast eagle/South Fremantle player Callum Wilson.

Does anyone know how rovers went in prac match against hay yesty.didnt here scores but apparently hay had one on bench but played much better and game was scrappy

Does anyone know how rovers went in prac match against hay yesty.didnt here scores but apparently hay had one on bench but played much better and game was scrappy

The game was scrappy for the first quarter. After that both sides play some good footy. Andrew May dominated for Deni, ex Saint Jackson Ferguson picked up possessions at will for Hay. I think in the end Hay won by a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back