Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what about $85k afforded to the KDFL or $100k that was flagged for the PDFL? That might have slowed down the action?

The club hasn't won a senior game for two seasons - not one single game and youre whinging because this year they look to be turning things around! :rolleyes:

yes they do their bit with developing players their junior grades (under 14s and under 17s) seem to do pretty well. They probably lose them to moving for work, education or dare I say it major league clubs poaching.

Last edited:
The club hasn't won a senior game for two seasons - not one single game and youre whinging because this year they look to be turning things around! :rolleyes:

Oh and they do their bit with developing players their junior grades seem to do pretty well. They probably lose them to moving for work, education or dare I say it major league clubs poaching.
What in my post do you see as whinging? In fact quite the opposite. The above was a question more so as to what effect would it have hence the ?. I wish REdniewell for 2017 and am happy to see them climb the ladder as they are a good club with some great volunteers. I just wonder what the effect of a salary cap and points system would have had on them or any other side trying to resurrect there list from this position. If the CCSP was implemented would they actually be in this uncompetitive position of the last two years? I imagine they may have shut up shop for a little while when the PDFL were in the CCSP wilderness not knowing if the points were 35, 43 or 50 or the cap was $85 or $100k. Remember Rennie did win a flag in 2011 and I would assume would have spent a few dollars to do that (and well done to them). I'm just not sure if that is what constitutes small country club sustainability..... maybe heading up the ladder quickly with a healthy spend and then back down just as quickly when the money dries up is a perfectly legitimate way to run a country footy club?

IIRC since Rennine last won the flag only 2 other clubs have won the SE flag and 3 in the NW. They would also appesr to be highly regarded club amongst the league including fellow clubs.

Generalising :
Small remote clubs are benefited by not competing for other sporting clubs , like soccer, for sponsorship . The counteracting factor is that many of their members go away for schooling etc.
As such their circumstances vary significantly and all clubs are best placed to ajudicating what recruiting regime best suits their club.
Club executives generally have a long history with their local footy club and are highly unlikely to make decisons which are not in their club and communities best interests.

41 losses in a row needs to be turned around at a point in time or the club will end up terminated!! Therefore the community supports a club having a crack. Salary cap will never be a problem,don't generate that much money and can only pay what you have got, and you can say no to players demands, points system would be impossible as it is a majorly flawed system taking no account of community size, 13 under 17 players in 2016, much recruiting is of older players. Where in the point system do blokes get points reduction for years of service if they decide to move, the Gillon Narcissistic Football League (AFL) has "free agency" after 6 or 8 years what about country footy. Minor league clubs recognise and push their players to higher levels pity the major leagues clubs did not have such an overall attitude rather than an insular attitude. Somebody needs to write a minor league CCSP or does AFL Vic Country see no future for minor league footy and will be happy when it is gone replaced with a Bushies under 23 in a statewide league.

Waaia the team to beat in 2017? NW league medalist and GF BOG Dave Daniel returns to his home club. While Purple stalwarts Luke & Ash Quinn sign on. Pretty sure a couple of other out of favour/ injury plagued purps might have also headed to the Bombers.

Last edited:
Waaia the team to beat in 2017? NW league medalist and GF BOG Dave Daniel returns to his home club. While Purple stalwarts Luke & Ash Quinn sign on. Pretty sure a couple of other out of favour/ injury plagued purps might have also headed to the Bombers.
How did they attract the Nathalia boys? They looking for a change and got a good offer? Shepp East will be strong again as will Rennie by the sounds and Tunga and Katunga were quality 2nd and 3rd teams. Should be game on. Any talk on Katandra?

Can I ask what are the budgets of sides like Picola & Katunga. Was up on holidays and drove through the 2 towns and popped into the grounds to have a look. Nice surface and set up at Picola, but gee it's a small town..
It's great these towns have football & netball clubs and great facilities, just wondering how they attract players and generate $$ as Picola seemed like a very small population. Love the country life and country peoples attitude towards their footy..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask what are the budgets of sides like Picola & Katunga. Was up on holidays and drove through the 2 towns and popped into the grounds to have a look. Nice surface and set up at Picola, but gee it's a small town..
It's great these towns have football & netball clubs and great facilities, just wondering how they attract players and generate $$ as Picola seemed like a very small population. Love the country life and country peoples attitude towards their footy..

Small towns but large spaced out communities. Clubs such as Katanga & Picola, as a rule draw the bulk within the district then top up with Shepparton, Nathalia, Echuca residents. Question shouldn't be about how much they spend. It's more to do with how they attract good people. The answer is Good Culture.

Interesting topic being talked about on the golden rivers page so I thought I'd bring it to this forum.
The best 3 juniors from each club of the last 15 years?

Tongala looking for a practice match on the weekend of March 25th, home or away, all 3 grades if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back